Jake

Default FS - Woodworking Books

I'm giving up woodworking and need to sell some books. These have never even
been read, they are brand new. The usual applies.............if you're not
happy, you get your money back. I do accept paypal if anyone wants to use
that for credit cards or check. My zip is 36106 if you want to check
shipping cost. These are just 5 of maybe 50 books I have to sell. If you are
looking for anything in particular, I may have it.

Bookcases Niall Barrett
$13.00 SC

Outstanding Projects from America's Best Craftsmen

Complete Illustrated Guide to

Choosing & Installing Hardware Robert J. Settich $15.00
SC

Complete Illustrated Guide to

Furniture & Cabinet Construction Andy Rae $20.00
HC

The Art of Fine Tools Sandor Nagyszalanczy
$18.50 HC w/DC

The Handplane Book Garrett Hack
$13.00 HC w/DC

--
Jake

Live your life so that when you die, the Preacher won't have to tell lies at
your funeral!

Lobby Dosser

"Jake" wrote:

[...]

With 50 books to sell, you might want to look into selling them on
Amazon.com.
Jake

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message

With 50 books to sell, you might want to look into selling them on
Amazon.com.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that.................

--
Jake

Live your life so that when you die, the Preacher won't have to tell lies at
your funeral!

Andy Dingley

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 19:20:58 -0600, "Jake"
wrote:

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that.................

I'm not a fan of amazon as a way of selling books (you might try
asking on rec.collecting books). If you can be bothered, you might
want to shift a few of the best ones through eBay.

For books like Nagyszalanczy, I know I'd give a decent eBay price just
as one-offs, let alone for boxfuls. Of course I'm in the UK, so all we
see are interminable copies of Charles Hayward.

--
Smert' spamionam
Lobby Dosser

wrote:

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that.................

I'm not a fan of amazon as a way of selling books (you might try
asking on rec.collecting books). If you can be bothered, you might
want to shift a few of the best ones through eBay.

I've had pretty good luck with Amazon. Right now I'm unloading a bunch of
professional books and a bunch from a hobby I no longer have time for. If
I'm looking for books, I look on Amazon and do a bit of shopping around.
I figure the 'foot' traffic for books on Amazon is higher than e-bay and
there is no messing around with reserves or any other e-bay isms. YMMV.

For books like Nagyszalanczy, I know I'd give a decent eBay price just
as one-offs, let alone for boxfuls. Of course I'm in the UK, so all we
see are interminable copies of Charles Hayward.

FA; eBay: Woodworking books videos Zak Woodturning 9 October 23rd 04 03:38 AM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Woodworking Books news.verizon.net Woodworking 4 August 30th 03 07:23 AM
FS: Woodworking books (UK) Andrew Woodworking 0 July 15th 03 06:42 PM