Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ryobi

Neither a recommendation for, or comments against, Ryobi tools.

If you got them, you know what they are worth and build quality. If you
don't have any, the new yellow One+ series are decent and have Li-Ion
batteries that fit the older blue one Ryobi cordless stuff.

Batteries are robust and with the Li-Ion chemistry provide decent service.

Just passing along that Home Depot has one of their special going
through the first week or so of June (they do this once or twice a year)

Deal: Two, 3.0Ah batteries with power level indicator, a charger, and
carry all case that will hold the aforementioned plus a couple of the
cordless tools. You get this AND choice of one free bare tool for $99

Pretty decent selection of bare tools as well. I really like their
reciprocal saw for use in the yard for trimming off dead limbs, scrub
brush, etc. Picked up a leaf blower today which probably won't blow
many leaves off the lawn, but SWMBO is overjoyed at the manner in which
it rids the deck of maple seeds and grass trimming off the sidewalk and
driveway.

The bare tools offered run anywhere from $30 to $80. A decent deal if
you can use the batteries or tools

Here's a link:

"https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-18-Volt-ONE-LITHIUM-HP-3-0-Ah-Battery-2-Pack-Starter-Kit-with-Charger-and-Bag-P166/308056104?irgwc=1&cm_mmc=afl-ir-10451-456723-&clickid=wnmQQqyrwxyJReUwUx0Mo3c3Ukl3t5y2uVt8xo 0"
Posted to rec.woodworking

Neither a recommendation for, or comments against, Ryobi tools.

If you got them, you know what they are worth and build quality. If you
don't have any, the new yellow One+ series are decent and have Li-Ion
batteries that fit the older blue one Ryobi cordless stuff.

Batteries are robust and with the Li-Ion chemistry provide decent service.

Just passing along that Home Depot has one of their special going
through the first week or so of June (they do this once or twice a year)

Deal: Two, 3.0Ah batteries with power level indicator, a charger, and
carry all case that will hold the aforementioned plus a couple of the
cordless tools. You get this AND choice of one free bare tool for $99

Pretty decent selection of bare tools as well. I really like their
reciprocal saw for use in the yard for trimming off dead limbs, scrub
brush, etc.

Here's a tip back at ya. I have a reciprocal saw and had bought a set
of Milwaukee blades that came with a special blade for trimming tree
branches. Wow, does that sucker cut. I didn't know that was in the set
when I bought it, but it cuts limbs like butter and I highly recommend it.

--
Jack
Posted to rec.woodworking

Neither a recommendation for, or comments against, Ryobi tools.

If you got them, you know what they are worth and build quality.Â* If you
don't have any, the new yellow One+ series are decent and have Li-Ion
batteries that fit the older blue one Ryobi cordless stuff.

Yellow! Ok, That seems better than the limp green I thought that color
was. LOL.

Thanks for the review.

Batteries are robust and with the Li-Ion chemistry provide decent service.

I Ryobi just now going to Li-Ion?

Just passing along that Home Depot has one of their special going
through the first week or so of June (they do this once or twice a year)

Deal:Â* Two, 3.0Ah batteries with power level indicator, a charger, and
carry all case that will hold the aforementioned plus a couple of the
cordless tools.Â* You get this AND choice of one free bare tool for $99

Sounds like a deal especially if you want a particular tool that yo do
not currently have.

Pretty decent selection of bare tools as well.Â* I really like their
reciprocal saw for use in the yard for trimming off dead limbs, scrub
brush, etc.Â* Picked up a leaf blower today which probably won't blow
many leaves off the lawn, but SWMBO is overjoyed at the manner in which
it rids the deck of maple seeds and grass trimming off the sidewalk and
driveway.

The bare tools offeredÂ* run anywhere from $30 to $80.Â* A decent deal if
you can use the batteries or tools

Here's a link:

"https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-18-Volt-ONE-LITHIUM-HP-3-0-Ah-Battery-2-Pack-Starter-Kit-with-Charger-and-Bag-P166/308056104?irgwc=1&cm_mmc=afl-ir-10451-456723-&clickid=wnmQQqyrwxyJReUwUx0Mo3c3Ukl3t5y2uVt8xo 0"

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/21/2019 7:23 AM, Leon wrote:
Neither a recommendation for, or comments against, Ryobi tools.

If you got them, you know what they are worth and build quality.Â* If
you don't have any, the new yellow One+ series are decent and have
Li-Ion batteries that fit the older blue one Ryobi cordless stuff.

Yellow! Ok, That seems better than the limp green I thought that color
was.Â* LOL.

You say limp green I say yeller. . . Easy to distinguish from "Bah
Blue!" Add to that you won't misplace them with their fluorescent
magnificence!

Thanks for the review.

Batteries are robust and with the Li-Ion chemistry provide decent
service.

I Ryobi just now going to Li-Ion?

Switched to Li-Ion a couple of years back (4 ?).

Just passing along that Home Depot has one of their special going
through the first week or so of June (they do this once or twice a year)

Deal:Â* Two, 3.0Ah batteries with power level indicator, a charger, and
carry all case that will hold the aforementioned plus a couple of the
cordless tools.Â* You get this AND choice of one free bare tool for $99

Sounds like a deal especially if you want a particular tool that yo do
not currently have.

For sure!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/21/2019 7:19 AM, Jack wrote:
Neither a recommendation for, or comments against, Ryobi tools.

If you got them, you know what they are worth and build quality.Â* If you
don't have any, the new yellow One+ series are decent and have Li-Ion
batteries that fit the older blue one Ryobi cordless stuff.

[snip]
Here's a tip back at ya.Â* I have a reciprocal saw and had bought a set
of Milwaukee blades that came with a special blade for trimming tree
branches.Â* Wow, does that sucker cut.Â* I didn't know that was in the set
when I bought it, but it cuts limbs like butter and I highly recommend it.

Coulda, shoulda probably mentioned that. Ahead of you there. Picked up
some of those blades (Diablo ? brand) and they are great.

That reciprocal saw is "dedicated" for yard work and it, alone, makes
this deal a winner if you need something like that and don't already
have one. Two solid batteries, a charger and reciprocal saw for $99

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 21 May 2019 08:19:51 -0400, Jack wrote:

[...]

I haven't used it - but also heard good reports :
http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/p...=2,42706,40721

John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/21/2019 9:38 AM, wrote:
[...]

And way tooooooooo expensive.

You really don't need more than a regular demo blade to trim bushes but
the blade made to do this is better.
This one does not sting so much.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Diablo-9...5FG5/203464786
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet on Tue, 21 May 2019 07:23:16 -0500 typed
in rec.woodworking the following:

Just passing along that Home Depot has one of their special going
through the first week or so of June (they do this once or twice a year)

Deal:* Two, 3.0Ah batteries with power level indicator, a charger, and
carry all case that will hold the aforementioned plus a couple of the
cordless tools.* You get this AND choice of one free bare tool for $99

Sounds like a deal especially if you want a particular tool that yo do
not currently have.

Whimper ... yes, and that price is good, and I need to replace the
batteries I have and if they'll throw in a nailer, well the retirement
money is just sitting there.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.woodworking

Unquestionably Confused on Mon, 20 May 2019
22:13:24 -0500 typed in rec.woodworking the following:
[...]

Now, trying to figure out which ones are covered (I'm curious
about their electric lawnmowers. How many batteries does _that_
take?)

My question is: go for one of the nailers, or ... (I have the
circ saw, chain saw, and recip, so I "need" something else)
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

Click on the link below the price and when the page refreshes you should
see a list of all the tools included in the deal. Not sure that there's
a nailer though.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Unquestionably Confused on Tue, 21 May 2019
14:08:22 -0500 typed in rec.woodworking the following:
[...]

Okay.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/21/2019 10:38 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 21 May 2019 08:19:51 -0400, Jack wrote:

Here's a tip back at ya. I have a reciprocal saw and had bought a set
of Milwaukee blades that came with a special blade for trimming tree
branches. Wow, does that sucker cut. I didn't know that was in the set
when I bought it, but it cuts limbs like butter and I highly recommend it.

I haven't used it - but also heard good reports :
http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/p...=2,42706,40721

Never used that one, but mine is this one:
https://www.cpomilwaukee.com/milwauk...efault,pd.html

or

https://tinyurl.com/y5tnb4kd

That page shows it at $18+. I didn't pay that much for the whole set.

Not saying anything about the Lee Valley blade, never used it, but the
Milwaukee pruning blade works great. Both are over priced on the sites
imo. $20 bucks for a sawzall blade seems much.

Amazon has 5 of them for $13:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072WM881G...d-f157ef2b5308

or

https://tinyurl.com/y5de3luj

Probably a good deal, but never used them, so could be good, or junk, no
recommendation, just 5x cheaper.

--
Jack

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/25/2019 8:24 AM, Jack wrote:

Ooops. The $18 Milwaukee blade was for a 5 pack... My bad... I would pay
that much.

The Diablo Pruning blade is a hair under $12 per five pack at the BORG.
Never tried the Milwaukee version as there was no need. I'm only on my
2nd Diablo blade after three seasons!

On 5/25/2019 9:21 AM, Jack wrote:
On 5/21/2019 10:38 AM, wrote:
[...]

RYOBI 6x18 MINI LATHE,Ryobi means quality! [email protected] Woodworking 4 September 7th 05 11:14 PM
M akita or RYOBI Phil UK diy 37 March 9th 04 05:47 PM
ryobi bts10 Ronald Murray Woodworking 2 August 16th 03 05:40 AM
Thickness planer purchase dilemma- Ryobi or Dewalt? Dale Woodworking 8 July 28th 03 12:14 AM
New Ryobi bts20 table saw William E. Prisavage Woodworking 0 July 19th 03 07:46 PM