Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Mobilizing the shop

My shop is in the back half of my garage which I separate from my parked
vehicles, somewhere along the measurements of 22 x 10. I decided to make
things movable and want to read ideas from others what you did for
mobility. One thing I also want to do is make a small bench with my
tabletop table saw and a router table built in it, the rest will be
separate mobile tools (unless I see an ingenious idea from here).

Appreciate all feedback.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/20/2018 5:01 PM, Meanie wrote:
My shop is in the back half of my garage which I separate from my parked
vehicles, somewhere along the measurements of 22 x 10. I decided to make
things movable and want to read ideas from others what you did for
mobility. One thing I also want to do is make a small bench with my
tabletop table saw and a router table built in it, the rest will be
separate mobile tools (unless I see an ingenious idea from here).

Appreciate all feedback.

I have a much larger area but still everything is mobile. I do not need
dedicated spots for each machine, I line them all up side by side until
I need to use one.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 6:09:36 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 2/20/2018 5:01 PM, Meanie wrote:
My shop is in the back half of my garage which I separate from my parked
vehicles, somewhere along the measurements of 22 x 10. I decided to make
things movable and want to read ideas from others what you did for
mobility. One thing I also want to do is make a small bench with my
tabletop table saw and a router table built in it, the rest will be
separate mobile tools (unless I see an ingenious idea from here).

Appreciate all feedback.

I have a much larger area but still everything is mobile. I do not need
dedicated spots for each machine, I line them all up side by side until
I need to use one.

That's weird, I can't find the original post, just your response. Anyway, here's an idea...

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/w...routing-center
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/20/2018 6:01 PM, Meanie wrote:
My shop is in the back half of my garage which I separate from my parked
vehicles, somewhere along the measurements of 22 x 10. I decided to make
things movable and want to read ideas from others what you did for
mobility. One thing I also want to do is make a small bench with my
tabletop table saw and a router table built in it, the rest will be
separate mobile tools (unless I see an ingenious idea from here).

Appreciate all feedback.

I have done the same thing my table saw and work bench are on wheels,
and I enjoy the freedom to position them to maximize the work flow for
the project I am working on.

One thing you may want to consider. I have made my workbench the same
height as my table saws when the legs of the saw are in the use position.

With them both being the same height, I can use the workbench as an out
feed table the table saw. This gives me a nice long out feed table and
a space to store the cut pieces while I am cutting others.

It is can then be repositioned as a lay out table and the move to be a
storage are for the pieces that I need to be cut.

--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/20/2018 6:09 PM, Leon wrote:
On 2/20/2018 5:01 PM, Meanie wrote:
My shop is in the back half of my garage which I separate from my
parked vehicles, somewhere along the measurements of 22 x 10. I
decided to make things movable and want to read ideas from others what
you did for mobility. One thing I also want to do is make a small
bench with my tabletop table saw and a router table built in it, the
rest will be separate mobile tools (unless I see an ingenious idea
from here).

Appreciate all feedback.

I have a much larger area but still everything is mobile.Â* I do not need
dedicated spots for each machine, I line them all up side by side until
I need to use one.

Good idea, then it leaves space elsewhere. I was thinking something like
that along my back wall. Though I think I have too much crap (tools)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/20/2018 9:27 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 2/20/2018 6:01 PM, Meanie wrote:
My shop is in the back half of my garage which I separate from my
parked vehicles, somewhere along the measurements of 22 x 10. I
decided to make things movable and want to read ideas from others what
you did for mobility. One thing I also want to do is make a small
bench with my tabletop table saw and a router table built in it, the
rest will be separate mobile tools (unless I see an ingenious idea
from here).

Appreciate all feedback.

I have done the same thing my table saw and work bench are on wheels,
and I enjoy the freedom to position them to maximize the work flow for
the project I am working on.

One thing you may want to consider.Â* I have made my workbench the same
height as my table saws when the legs of the saw are in the use position.

With them both being the same height, I can use the workbench as an out
feed table the table saw.Â* This gives me a nice long out feed table and
a space to store the cut pieces while I am cutting others.

It is can then be repositioned as a lay out table and the move to be a
storage are for the pieces that I need to be cut.

I was thinking (after viewing a photo) of a bench with the table saw
mounted in it on the same plane as the bench top, which will also be
used as a feed. Then at the other end of the bench, the router table.