Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Wood Shop Redux (the old shop *is* the new shop) Part 2-Cheapplywood & recycled drawers

On 5/21/2011 4:35 PM, Swingman wrote:

The first step was to organize some storage space, storage that will
hopefully be more efficient, less prone to leaving things laying about,
and less subject to being sawdust covered in relatively cramped quarters.

... more to come as things develop. Just remember, it's just a shop, not
a high dollar kitchen.

It's almost 7PM on Memorial Day ... think I'll take the rest of the
weekend off:

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...pRetrofit2011#

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 30, 7:55*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 5/21/2011 4:35 PM, Swingman wrote:

The first step was to organize some storage space, storage that will
hopefully be more efficient, less prone to leaving things laying about,
and less subject to being sawdust covered in relatively cramped quarters.
... more to come as things develop. Just remember, it's just a shop, not
a high dollar kitchen.

It's almost 7PM on Memorial Day ... think I'll take the rest of the
weekend off:

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...pRetrofit2011#

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Ahh.. a low assembly walkaround bench. A must have.

( Under which I keep my nailers, hoses, nails, and I put 4 duplex
receptacles, one on each side. The one in my old shop had 135 PSI
connectors on each side as well.)
I know, tripping over cords and hoses *is* a lot of fun but.....G
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
On 5/21/2011 4:35 PM, Swingman wrote:

The first step was to organize some storage space, storage that will
hopefully be more efficient, less prone to leaving things laying
about, and less subject to being sawdust covered in relatively
cramped quarters.

... more to come as things develop. Just remember, it's just a shop,
not a high dollar kitchen.

It's almost 7PM on Memorial Day ... think I'll take the rest of the
weekend off:

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...pRetrofit2011#

Nice work Karl. But - weren't you supposed to take the weekend off for
raucous sex, cheap drugs and rock-n-roll? Or is it cheap sex, roll your own
drugs, and rock on the front porch...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
On 5/21/2011 4:35 PM, Swingman wrote:

The first step was to organize some storage space, storage that will
hopefully be more efficient, less prone to leaving things laying about,
and less subject to being sawdust covered in relatively cramped quarters.

... more to come as things develop. Just remember, it's just a shop, not
a high dollar kitchen.

It's almost 7PM on Memorial Day ... think I'll take the rest of the
weekend off:

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...pRetrofit2011#

Looking good Karl.

Reminds me of a shop project I did where all the hardware came from garage
sales. I will never get prices like that again. If I recall correctly,
something like 25 drawer pulls for $3. Always good to save a buck or two.
Particularly in a shop.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/30/2011 8:42 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Reminds me of a shop project I did where all the hardware came from
garage sales. I will never get prices like that again. If I recall
correctly, something like 25 drawer pulls for $3. Always good to save a
buck or two. Particularly in a shop.

Besides the "reclamation/recycle" aspect of this project, I decided to
use my Festool stuff for everything ... "no MSG, or table saw was used
in this product".

Even the PC557 (butt jointed with biscuits, glued and screwed the drawer
cabs, something I would never do to a client) hooked up to the CT22
without any adapters and the absence of sawdust is remarkable. I put the
Makita LS1013 on a Ridgid miter saw stand and used it outside only ...
the neighbors got that bit of sawdust. EG

That will, of course, change when the rest of my big iron shows up, but
it has gotten me to thinking about "in the shop" dust control for the
first time (it is ALWAYS a number one priority on a job site, however).

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/30/2011 6:55 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 5/21/2011 4:35 PM, Swingman wrote:

The first step was to organize some storage space, storage that will
hopefully be more efficient, less prone to leaving things laying about,
and less subject to being sawdust covered in relatively cramped quarters.

... more to come as things develop. Just remember, it's just a shop, not
a high dollar kitchen.

It's almost 7PM on Memorial Day ... think I'll take the rest of the
weekend off:

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...pRetrofit2011#

Slacker! I finally put the last coat of varnish on the doors at 9:30 pm

:~)

Looking Good!

Where we gonna put the equipment? LOL
Posted to rec.woodworking

Where we gonna put the equipment? *LOL

The only equipment he needs is a frig, to hold the beer, and a chair,
to sit and admire his handiwork.

Recycling lumber: That's what I did for remodeling much of my latest/
newest shop.... still in progress.

Good job, Karl. When you're done, you can come help me with mine.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 30 May 2011 22:54:42 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 5/30/2011 6:55 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 5/21/2011 4:35 PM, Swingman wrote:

The first step was to organize some storage space, storage that will
hopefully be more efficient, less prone to leaving things laying about,
and less subject to being sawdust covered in relatively cramped quarters.

... more to come as things develop. Just remember, it's just a shop, not
a high dollar kitchen.

It's almost 7PM on Memorial Day ... think I'll take the rest of the
weekend off:

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...pRetrofit2011#

Slacker! I finally put the last coat of varnish on the doors at 9:30 pm

:~)

Looking Good!

Where we gonna put the equipment? LOL

That's what I like to see: Guys who have a good balance between work
and play. (I only worked 2 of the 3 days.)

--
Education is when you read the fine print.
Experience is what you get if you don't.