Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Does anyone have coffin plans?

That's my question: anyone have plans for the "old fashioned"
wooden coffin? Particularly ones which are scalable for modern day
adults?

"Asking for a friend"

Just planning ahead.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.woodworking

That's my question: anyone have plans for the "old fashioned"
wooden coffin? Particularly ones which are scalable for modern day
adults?

"Asking for a friend"

Just planning ahead.

tschus
pyotr

Have you heard about Google? You might want to try it. "Coffin Plans"
will bring forth a slew of books, free plans, etc.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 11:39:05 PM UTC-4, Unquestionably Confused wrote:
That's my question: anyone have plans for the "old fashioned"
wooden coffin? Particularly ones which are scalable for modern day
adults?

"Asking for a friend"

Just planning ahead.

tschus
pyotr

Have you heard about Google? You might want to try it. "Coffin Plans"
will bring forth a slew of books, free plans, etc.

I'm trying to figure out what type of wooden coffin plan *wouldn't* be scalable.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 25 Oct 2017 20:28:54 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

question: anyone have plans for the "old fashioned"
wooden coffin? Particularly ones which are scalable
for modern day adults?

http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware...93&cat=3,43659

http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware...96&cat=3,43659

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 10:26:08 PM UTC-5, pyotr filipivich wrote:
..... anyone have plans for the "old fashioned"
wooden coffin?

Have you heard about Google? You might want to try it. "Coffin Plans"

will bring forth a slew of books, free plans, etc.

And Youtube videos....

I believe Roy Underhill demonstrated the "old fashion" method quite nicely.
(Trailer?) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjcORaaRHWM

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

That's my question: anyone have plans for the "old fashioned"
wooden coffin? Particularly ones which are scalable for modern day
adults?

"Asking for a friend"

Just planning ahead.

tschus
pyotr

A coffin?
That's the last thing I need.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/26/2017 8:30 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 9:19:50 PM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:
That's my question: anyone have plans for the "old fashioned"
wooden coffin? Particularly ones which are scalable for modern day
adults?

"Asking for a friend"

Just planning ahead.

tschus
pyotr

A coffin?
That's the last thing I need.

Nice! ;-)

Nice? NICE? Hell, man, that was a rim shot!

Posted to rec.woodworking

0n Wed, 25 Oct 2017 220:28:54 --07000 pyotr filipivich wrote:

That's my question: anyone have plans for the "old
fashioned" wooden coffin? Particularly ones which are scalable for
modern day adults?

where will they be buried in some locales you have to use something
that is heavy and will not heave

or float

but if it is just for the open casket ceremony than you can really
go online and find the style you like

then discreetly measure the subject height and weight

if it is not for open casket ceremony get some thick plywood rip some
tubafours and secure the corners and make enough handles to match
the weight of the decedent and the strength of the pallbearers

maybe paint with team colors

if the decedent believes in the afterlife leave some room for their
tablet or tv and maybe six pack and other stuff like favorite hat
or snacks

Posted to rec.woodworking

That's my question: anyone have plans for the "old
fashioned" wooden coffin? Particularly ones which are scalable for
modern day adults?

where will they be buried in some locales you have to use something
that is heavy and will not heave
or float
but if it is just for the open casket ceremony than you can really
go online and find the style you like
then discreetly measure the subject height and weight
if it is not for open casket ceremony get some thick plywood rip some
tubafours and secure the corners and make enough handles to match
the weight of the decedent and the strength of the pallbearers
maybe paint with team colors
if the decedent believes in the afterlife leave some room for their
tablet or tv and maybe six pack and other stuff like favorite hat
or snacks

Maybe include one of those little folding army shovels -
- just in case ... you know - the buried alive scenario ...
Also - for lid fasteners - do a google-image search for
" coffin nails " ... bet you'll be surprised ! I was.
John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- on Thu, 26 Oct 2017 20:19:47 -0500
typed in rec.woodworking the following:
That's my question: anyone have plans for the "old fashioned"
wooden coffin? Particularly ones which are scalable for modern day
adults?

"Asking for a friend"

Just planning ahead.

A coffin?
That's the last thing I need.

Worse thing about my funeral is that I'm going to miss it by just
a few days.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.woodworking

on Thu, 26 Oct 2017 07:07:28 -0400 typed in
wrote:

question: anyone have plans for the "old fashioned"
wooden coffin? Particularly ones which are scalable
for modern day adults?

http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware...93&cat=3,43659

http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware...96&cat=3,43659

Thanks - that's the hard ware, I'm looking for plans for "the box".
Something a little more up scale than "plain pine box".
--
pyotr filipivich

Posted to rec.woodworking

question: anyone have plans for the "old fashioned"
wooden coffin? Particularly ones which are scalable
for modern day adults?

http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware...93&cat=3,43659
http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware...96&cat=3,43659

Thanks - that's the hard ware, I'm looking for plans for "the box".
Something a little more up scale than "plain pine box".

Oscar LeRoy built one in his basement ...

Oscar: I’ve got a way with tools.

Emma: So do I. I married one.

https://itsheimlichnotheinlich.tumblr.com/

John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

if the decedent believes in the afterlife leave some room for their
tablet or tv and maybe six pack and other stuff like favorite hat
or snacks

Maybe include one of those little folding army shovels -
- just in case ... you know - the buried alive scenario ...
Also - for lid fasteners - do a google-image search for
" coffin nails " ... bet you'll be surprised ! I was.
John T.

Also look for dead ringers.

No big surprise there - the movie hits, followed by
humourous celebrity likenesses ...
... the fingernails thing isn't in my world at all.
John T.

Does anyone have plans for a 4-5 gun pistol range Box. Thanks Bill [email protected] Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 April 20th 11 06:46 AM
Coffin Plans trvlnmny Woodworking 12 August 31st 07 06:30 PM
DIY Coffin Plans Barry Lennox Woodworking 21 June 28th 07 07:12 AM
Does anyone have plans for 6 foot outdoor bench swing Dan Woodworking 1 May 17th 05 04:20 PM
REQ: does anyone have grandfather clock plans to share? Me Woodworking 2 December 24th 04 03:51 AM