Posted to rec.woodworking
OFWW[_5_] OFWW[_5_] is offline

Default Does anyone have coffin plans?

On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 06:59:13 -0400, wrote:

That's my question: anyone have plans for the "old
fashioned" wooden coffin? Particularly ones which are scalable for
modern day adults?

where will they be buried in some locales you have to use something
that is heavy and will not heave
or float
but if it is just for the open casket ceremony than you can really
go online and find the style you like
then discreetly measure the subject height and weight
if it is not for open casket ceremony get some thick plywood rip some
tubafours and secure the corners and make enough handles to match
the weight of the decedent and the strength of the pallbearers
maybe paint with team colors
if the decedent believes in the afterlife leave some room for their
tablet or tv and maybe six pack and other stuff like favorite hat
or snacks

Maybe include one of those little folding army shovels -
- just in case ... you know - the buried alive scenario ...
Also - for lid fasteners - do a google-image search for
" coffin nails " ... bet you'll be surprised ! I was.
John T.

Also look for dead ringers.