Posted to rec.woodworking

Default NEW Powermatic Tenon Jig

Well it look cool. But is it enough of a time saver? Where can you
actually get prices?

http://www.powermatic.com/us/en/comm...40swbell%2Enet
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/15/2015 12:20 PM, Leon wrote:
Well it look cool. But is it enough of a time saver? Where can you
actually get prices?

http://www.powermatic.com/us/en/comm...40swbell%2Enet

I'm guessing $300. Looks nice, accurate.
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 09/15/2015 11:20 AM, Leon wrote:
Well it look cool. But is it enough of a time saver? Where can you
actually get prices?

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/421828/powermatic-tenoning-jig-model-pmtj.aspx

$330 retail list; who knows what'll it'll eventually be discounted for.

Enough of a time save as compared to what?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/15/2015 12:20 PM, Leon wrote:
Well it look cool. But is it enough of a time saver? Where can you
actually get prices?

http://www.powermatic.com/us/en/comm...40swbell%2Enet

Definitely cool. Seems like more and more tools like this are showing
up. But for a festool guy like yourself, certainly it would not pay.
Your tool is much more portable.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/15/2015 2:06 PM, dpb wrote:
On 09/15/2015 11:20 AM, Leon wrote:
Well it look cool. But is it enough of a time saver? Where can you
actually get prices?

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/421828/powermatic-tenoning-jig-model-pmtj.aspx

$330 retail list; who knows what'll it'll eventually be discounted for.

Enough of a time save as compared to what?

--

A standard tenon jig.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/15/2015 2:11 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 9/15/2015 12:20 PM, Leon wrote:
Well it look cool. But is it enough of a time saver? Where can you
actually get prices?

http://www.powermatic.com/us/en/comm...40swbell%2Enet

Definitely cool. Seems like more and more tools like this are showing
up. But for a festool guy like yourself, certainly it would not pay.
Your tool is much more portable.

I think it would be a good alternative to the standard tenon jig, maybe
if you need to cut a lot of tenons on different thickness material and
different thickness tenons. And with a Domino this might not see much
action from me.
I can't remember the last time I used my home built tenon jig, which
worked very well, or my bench top mortiser.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 11:20:53 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
Well it look cool. But is it enough of a time saver? Where can you
actually get prices?

http://www.powermatic.com/us/en/comm...40swbell%2Enet

I have this one. I think I got it on sale for 80 bucks or somewhere in there. It makes great cuts but of course Powermatic always makes the best stuff.

http://www.rockler.com/heavy-duty-tenoning-jig
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 09/15/2015 2:37 PM, Leon wrote:
On 9/15/2015 2:06 PM, dpb wrote:
On 09/15/2015 11:20 AM, Leon wrote:
Well it look cool. But is it enough of a time saver? Where can you
actually get prices?

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/421828/powermatic-tenoning-jig-model-pmtj.aspx

$330 retail list; who knows what'll it'll eventually be discounted for.

Enough of a time save as compared to what?

--

A standard tenon jig.

Guess it would still depend on how much is enough but I don't see it as
that much time difference; perhaps a little more accurate than the
current generation that are too light.

I've one of the old heavy Delta and don't believe I'd trade it for
this...unfortunately, they're no longer in production and are pretty
hard to come by last time I looked for an acquaintance/neighbor just
getting started and having difficulty with the presently available crop.
Compared to them, if were still doing that much work I'd likely give
it a shot...

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/detail.aspx?id=1550

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/15/2015 2:06 PM, dpb wrote:
On 09/15/2015 11:20 AM, Leon wrote:
Well it look cool. But is it enough of a time saver? Where can you
actually get prices?
http://www.woodcraft.com/product/421828/powermatic-tenoning-jig-model-pmtj.aspx

$330 retail list; who knows what'll it'll eventually be discounted for.

Enough of a time save as compared to what?

--

A standard tenon jig.

Guess it would still depend on how much is enough but I don't see it as
that much time difference; perhaps a little more accurate than the
current generation that are too light.

I agree, you would almost have to use it daily and or all the time for
the accuracy to save time over making a test cut on a scrap.

I've one of the old heavy Delta and don't believe I'd trade it for
this...unfortunately, they're no longer in production and are pretty
hard to come by last time I looked for an acquaintance/neighbor just
getting started and having difficulty with the presently available crop.
Compared to them, if were still doing that much work I'd likely give
it a shot...

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/detail.aspx?id=1550

--

Yeah, if you don't have a tenon jig to start with maybe the Powermatic
would be a consideration. I built mine and it worked fine until I

A Powermatic Shop worth seeing even if you don't like Powermatic Bill[_37_] Woodworking 49 May 1st 12 11:30 PM
Loose tenon [email protected] Woodworking 34 December 17th 09 05:57 PM
Tenon rounding Bill Woodworking 12 November 13th 06 03:05 AM
Loose Tenon vs Mortise & Tenon AND/OR Who Do You Believe? charlie b Woodworking 2 April 17th 06 04:33 PM
Fox tenon tips Bernie Ross Woodworking 7 March 13th 04 08:00 AM