Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Powermatic Shop worth seeing even if you don't like Powermatic

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tls/2964976797.html

Go via the website at the site above, or save the time and go directly:

www.woodshopforsale.weebly.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bill" wrote in message
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tls/2964976797.html

Go via the website at the site above, or save the time and go directly:

www.woodshopforsale.weebly.com

And only $175,000!

Of course, they throw in an industrial condo with it. Looks like a very
nice shop. It is so bright and clean it hurts my eyes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/19/2012 9:18 PM, Bill wrote:
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tls/2964976797.html

Go via the website at the site above, or save the time and go directly:

www.woodshopforsale.weebly.com

It really really looks like it was never intended to be used to start
with, rather it appears to be a "built" shop for the purpose of being
sold. Instead of a home builder, a shop builder.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
On 4/19/2012 9:18 PM, Bill wrote:
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tls/2964976797.html

Go via the website at the site above, or save the time and go directly:

www.woodshopforsale.weebly.com

It really really looks like it was never intended to be used to start
with, rather it appears to be a "built" shop for the purpose of being
sold. Instead of a home builder, a shop builder.

I have no idea; maybe a broken deal or a broken dream. Interesting
architecture though.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Yep, agreed. I can't see that being used.
I don't see any marks on any of the equip.

That DC seems small for the amount of piping and size I see.

No marks on the floor. That doesn't look like any of the pro shops
around here.

On 4/19/2012 10:50 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/19/2012 9:18 PM, Bill wrote:
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tls/2964976797.html

Go via the website at the site above, or save the time and go directly:

www.woodshopforsale.weebly.com

It really really looks like it was never intended to be used to start
with, rather it appears to be a "built" shop for the purpose of being
sold. Instead of a home builder, a shop builder.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bill" wrote in message ...

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tls/2964976797.html

Go via the website at the site above, or save the time and go directly:

www.woodshopforsale.weebly.com

Looks like some anal-retentive millionaire built himself a dream shop, and
when it was finished he was done with it.

Gorgeous equipment, that looks like it's never been used. The sander
station? Looks like someone ran a piece of wood against the belt and the
disk just to leave some marks.

But whoever built it knew what he was doing, or had some good advice.

Except for the radial arm saw, of course.

Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote in :

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tls/2964976797.html

Go via the website at the site above, or save the time and go directly:

www.woodshopforsale.weebly.com

What's that yellow cable on the CMS? Romex?

It's just too clean and too pretty. Real work probably gets done somewhere
else.

I do like the hanging electrical outlet in one of the pictures. I'm going
to have to do that in mine... (been thinking about it for a long time, just
haven't had time, opportunity and thought collide yet.)

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 22:18:09 -0400, Bill wrote:

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tls/2964976797.html

Go via the website at the site above, or save the time and go directly:

www.woodshopforsale.weebly.com

Just think of all the pointy sticks we could make.....
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 4/19/2012 9:18 PM, Bill wrote:

What's not to like about PM?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/20/2012 12:54 PM, dpb wrote:
On 4/19/2012 9:18 PM, Bill wrote:

What's not to like about PM?

--

It is almost all Powermatic, typically no manufacturer makes the best of
everything.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
On 4/20/2012 12:54 PM, dpb wrote:
On 4/19/2012 9:18 PM, Bill wrote:

What's not to like about PM?

--

It is almost all Powermatic, typically no manufacturer makes the best
of everything.

Except of course... Harbor Freight!

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 4/20/2012 12:59 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/20/2012 12:54 PM, dpb wrote:
On 4/19/2012 9:18 PM, Bill wrote:

What's not to like about PM?

--

It is almost all Powermatic, typically no manufacturer makes the best of
everything.

That's no reason to "not like" PM as OP implies by the subject line...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/20/2012 1:13 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 4/20/2012 12:54 PM, dpb wrote:
On 4/19/2012 9:18 PM, Bill wrote:

What's not to like about PM?

--

It is almost all Powermatic, typically no manufacturer makes the best
of everything.

Except of course... Harbor Freight!

Yeah! that stuff is all about equal in ....quality?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/20/2012 2:51 PM, dpb wrote:
On 4/20/2012 12:59 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/20/2012 12:54 PM, dpb wrote:
On 4/19/2012 9:18 PM, Bill wrote:

What's not to like about PM?

--

It is almost all Powermatic, typically no manufacturer makes the best of
everything.

That's no reason to "not like" PM as OP implies by the subject line...

--

;~) Delta does not like Powermatic.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 14:13:48 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Leon wrote:
On 4/20/2012 12:54 PM, dpb wrote:
On 4/19/2012 9:18 PM, Bill wrote:

What's not to like about PM?

--

It is almost all Powermatic, typically no manufacturer makes the best
of everything.

Except of course... Harbor Freight!

Don't forget to use your tap, tap Pittsburgh Safety Glasses when
working in the shop.

--
That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met,
you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:59:20 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
It is almost all Powermatic, typically no manufacturer makes the best of
everything.

I have to agree. If I was building a workshop, I'd pick and choose
every piece of big iron.

Of course, the shop owner may have received a very good sale price for
going all Powermatic, but for me, it would have to be one heck of a
deal to go that route.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 21:45:08 -0400, Dave wrote:

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:59:20 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
It is almost all Powermatic, typically no manufacturer makes the best of
everything.

I have to agree. If I was building a workshop, I'd pick and choose
every piece of big iron.

Of course, the shop owner may have received a very good sale price for
going all Powermatic, but for me, it would have to be one heck of a
deal to go that route.

Some people just like to have everything the same color.

Having the same brand can also mean better customer support, technical
advice, compatibility of parts and the best discounts.

In the case of this shop, my guess is the owner is very anal about
everything looking the same and looking perfectly new and clean.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 23:07:29 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
In the case of this shop, my guess is the owner is very anal about
everything looking the same and looking perfectly new and clean.

I'm guessing it was a Powermatic sales support shop. ~ Something along
the lines of a "We can meet all your shop needs" idea. This thought
might well be backed up by the apparent non-use of anything.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/20/2012 10:23 PM, Dave wrote:
On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 23:07:29 -0400, Ed wrote:
In the case of this shop, my guess is the owner is very anal about
everything looking the same and looking perfectly new and clean.

I'm guessing it was a Powermatic sales support shop. ~ Something along
the lines of a "We can meet all your shop needs" idea. This thought
might well be backed up by the apparent non-use of anything.

That would be a good possibility too as IMHO with that much equipment
1,000 sq feet would be entirely too small for a real money making shop.
And I think the last place I would put the DC is up stairs, I would
not want to be lugging two bags down stairs when it filled.

AND the DC is not Powermatic!

Still it is a great place for some one like me! LOL

Did any one see any Festool???
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 06:37:38 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
That would be a good possibility too as IMHO with that much equipment
1,000 sq feet would be entirely too small for a real money making shop.
And I think the last place I would put the DC is up stairs, I would
not want to be lugging two bags down stairs when it filled.

No infeed/outfeed tables. Nothing there for personal use, especially
no hand tools. Yup. Some kind of demo setup. I wonder if it and the
shop is worth the $175,000 (is that amount right?) that they are
asking for it? Wonder if anyone is looking to buy it all?

Might be interesting to watch if there's any interest.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 08:03:38 -0400, Dave wrote:

No infeed/outfeed tables. Nothing there for personal use, especially
no hand tools. Yup. Some kind of demo setup. I wonder if it and the
shop is worth the $175,000 (is that amount right?) that they are
asking for it? Wonder if anyone is looking to buy it all?

In the areas this place resides, the real estate is pretty pricey and
that industrial condo would be a big chunk of the asking price. They
make no mention of taxes and condo fees that I saw.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/21/2012 7:09 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 08:03:38 -0400, wrote:

No infeed/outfeed tables. Nothing there for personal use, especially
no hand tools. Yup. Some kind of demo setup. I wonder if it and the
shop is worth the $175,000 (is that amount right?) that they are
asking for it? Wonder if anyone is looking to buy it all?

In the areas this place resides, the real estate is pretty pricey and
that industrial condo would be a big chunk of the asking price. They
make no mention of taxes and condo fees that I saw.

Condo... I saw that and kinda laugh... In Texas that building would be
a rented small business location or storage facility.

We generally consider condos to be where you live, a step above an
apartment.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 07:30:13 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

In the areas this place resides, the real estate is pretty pricey and
that industrial condo would be a big chunk of the asking price. They
make no mention of taxes and condo fees that I saw.

Condo... I saw that and kinda laugh... In Texas that building would be
a rented small business location or storage facility.

We generally consider condos to be where you live, a step above an
apartment.

Only difference is renting versus ownership.

Watch an episode of" Million Dollar Listing" on Bravo network to see
how people buy and sell apartments in NYC. Many cash deals for
millions too.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 20, 1:59*pm, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 4/20/2012 12:54 PM, dpb wrote:

On 4/19/2012 9:18 PM, Bill wrote:

What's not to like about PM?

--

It is almost all Powermatic, typically no manufacturer makes the best of
everything.

I been preaching that all my life, brother. Looks nice.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 20, 11:23*pm, Dave wrote:
On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 23:07:29 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
In the case of this shop, my guess is the owner is very anal about
everything looking the same and looking perfectly new and clean.

I'm guessing it was a Powermatic sales support shop. ~ Something along
the lines of a "We can meet all your shop needs" idea. This thought
might well be backed up by the apparent non-use of anything.

Sumptin like that. Something doesn't seem quite right. If one was
building anything in there, where would you put it?
Maybe somebody had a dream and his wife a different one.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/21/2012 7:37 AM, Leon wrote:
On 4/20/2012 10:23 PM, Dave wrote:
On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 23:07:29 -0400, Ed wrote:
In the case of this shop, my guess is the owner is very anal about
everything looking the same and looking perfectly new and clean.

I'm guessing it was a Powermatic sales support shop. ~ Something along
the lines of a "We can meet all your shop needs" idea. This thought
might well be backed up by the apparent non-use of anything.

That would be a good possibility too as IMHO with that much equipment
1,000 sq feet would be entirely too small for a real money making shop.
And I think the last place I would put the DC is up stairs, I would not
want to be lugging two bags down stairs when it filled.

AND the DC is not Powermatic!

Still it is a great place for some one like me! LOL

Did any one see any Festool???

No, I think the god awful green conflicted with the god awful yellow!!!

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/21/2012 9:25 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Leon wrote:

Condo... I saw that and kinda laugh... In Texas that building would be
a rented small business location or storage facility.

We generally consider condos to be where you live, a step above an
apartment.

Only difference is renting versus ownership.

Usually condo means you own the building/apartment, but not the land
it's on, which is owned by someone else, or the community, that tells
you what color you are allowed to paint "your" condo. Generally, you
could furnish it with whatever color tools you want, but you gotta read
the fine print, otherwise you might end up with everything being god
awful green, particularly if Leon was in charge:-)

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

Condo... I saw that and kinda laugh... In Texas that building would be
a rented small business location or storage facility.

We generally consider condos to be where you live, a step above an
apartment.

Only difference is renting versus ownership.

Usually condo means you own the building/apartment, but not the land
it's on, which is owned by someone else, or the community, that tells
you what color you are allowed to paint "your" condo. Generally, you
could furnish it with whatever color tools you want, but you gotta read
the fine print, otherwise you might end up with everything being god
awful green, particularly if Leon was in charge:-)

There was a great absence of GREEN. :~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/19/2012 9:18 PM, Bill wrote:
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tls/2964976797.html

Go via the website at the site above, or save the time and go directly:

www.woodshopforsale.weebly.com

Ok, I be this is the real story!!! ;~)

All the brown nosers at Powermatic chipped in to purchase this for the
head honcho at Powermatic. Found out later he was not a wood worker.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 4/19/2012 9:18 PM, Bill wrote:
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tls/2964976797.html

Go via the website at the site above, or save the time and go directly:

www.woodshopforsale.weebly.com

Ok, I be this is the real story!!! ;~)

All the brown nosers at Powermatic chipped in to purchase this for the
head honcho at Powermatic. Found out later he was not a wood worker.

ROTFLSHIAPM!

--
That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met,
you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King

Rolling on the flrro laughing, shiapm??
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
On 4/21/2012 3:57 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

All the brown nosers at Powermatic chipped in to purchase this for the
head honcho at Powermatic. Found out later he was not a wood worker.

ROTFLSHIAPM!

--
That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met,
you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King

Rolling on the flrro laughing, shiapm??

Thank you for submitting a request for clarifacation!

Guess: Shaking Hands In the Air At PowerMatic???
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 4/19/2012 9:18 PM, Bill wrote:
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tls/2964976797.html

Go via the website at the site above, or save the time and go directly:

www.woodshopforsale.weebly.com

Ok, I be this is the real story!!! ;~)

All the brown nosers at Powermatic chipped in to purchase this for the
head honcho at Powermatic. Found out later he was not a wood worker.

ROTFLSHIAPM!

--
That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met,
you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King

Rolling on the flrro laughing, shiapm??

....so hard I almost ****ed my pants. Oops, the ending P almost got
printed, too.

--
That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met,
you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 07:51:01 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On Apr 20, 11:23*pm, Dave wrote:
On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 23:07:29 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
In the case of this shop, my guess is the owner is very anal about
everything looking the same and looking perfectly new and clean.

I'm guessing it was a Powermatic sales support shop. ~ Something along
the lines of a "We can meet all your shop needs" idea. This thought
might well be backed up by the apparent non-use of anything.

Sumptin like that. Something doesn't seem quite right. If one was
building anything in there, where would you put it?
Maybe somebody had a dream and his wife a different one.

Or perhaps, an EX-wife?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 15:26:11 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
I'm thinking that either the owner is looking for an edge to move an
alligator property, so he staged the shop (dust collector in the loft
as far as possible from a door...?), or there's a tool dealer going in
on the deal with the owner.

According to the results of additional investigation by someone here,
the shop was purchased by some Powermatic execs. as a gift for the
Powermatic CEO.

And, just to add a twist to the debacle, the CEO of Powermatic
apparently is not a woodworker. So, they're trying to sell it off.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave wrote:
On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 15:26:11 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
I'm thinking that either the owner is looking for an edge to move an
alligator property, so he staged the shop (dust collector in the loft
as far as possible from a door...?), or there's a tool dealer going in
on the deal with the owner.

According to the results of additional investigation by someone here,
the shop was purchased by some Powermatic execs. as a gift for the
Powermatic CEO.

And, just to add a twist to the debacle, the CEO of Powermatic
apparently is not a woodworker. So, they're trying to sell it off.

I think that was all supposed to be a joke.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/30/2012 7:23 PM, Dave wrote:
On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 15:26:11 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
I'm thinking that either the owner is looking for an edge to move an
alligator property, so he staged the shop (dust collector in the loft
as far as possible from a door...?), or there's a tool dealer going in
on the deal with the owner.

According to the results of additional investigation by someone here,
the shop was purchased by some Powermatic execs. as a gift for the
Powermatic CEO.

And, just to add a twist to the debacle, the CEO of Powermatic
apparently is not a woodworker. So, they're trying to sell it off.

LOL... I made that up! ROTFL.... Surely I was not correct.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/30/2012 8:23 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:
Dave wrote:
On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 15:26:11 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
I'm thinking that either the owner is looking for an edge to move an
alligator property, so he staged the shop (dust collector in the
loft as far as possible from a door...?), or there's a tool dealer
going in on the deal with the owner.

According to the results of additional investigation by someone here,
the shop was purchased by some Powermatic execs. as a gift for the
Powermatic CEO.

And, just to add a twist to the debacle, the CEO of Powermatic
apparently is not a woodworker. So, they're trying to sell it off.

I think that was all supposed to be a joke.

I did too.

Well I meant it as a joke. LOL Sorry Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
On 4/30/2012 7:23 PM, Dave wrote:
On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 15:26:11 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
I'm thinking that either the owner is looking for an edge to move an
alligator property, so he staged the shop (dust collector in the
loft as far as possible from a door...?), or there's a tool dealer
going in on the deal with the owner.

According to the results of additional investigation by someone here,
the shop was purchased by some Powermatic execs. as a gift for the
Powermatic CEO.

And, just to add a twist to the debacle, the CEO of Powermatic
apparently is not a woodworker. So, they're trying to sell it off.

LOL... I made that up! ROTFL.... Surely I was not correct.

Freakin' troublemaker! Or is it "****stirrer"? Or... something like
that...

See how much weight you carry in this chat room?

--

-Mike-

Powermatic 66 I might buy bob Woodworking 16 October 12th 07 11:58 AM
Powermatic Vs Jet Woodworking 2 April 3rd 06 01:24 PM
FS: Powermatic 64A D Steck Woodworking 1 November 14th 05 11:26 PM
Logan/Powermatic Lathe + Shop For Sale David Malicky Metalworking 3 July 18th 05 02:59 AM
Jet vs. Powermatic 66 Paul Gilbert Woodworking 29 March 13th 05 12:16 PM