Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default A Powermatic Shop worth seeing even if you don't like Powermatic

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 21:45:08 -0400, Dave wrote:

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:59:20 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
It is almost all Powermatic, typically no manufacturer makes the best of
everything.

I have to agree. If I was building a workshop, I'd pick and choose
every piece of big iron.

Of course, the shop owner may have received a very good sale price for
going all Powermatic, but for me, it would have to be one heck of a
deal to go that route.

Some people just like to have everything the same color.

Having the same brand can also mean better customer support, technical
advice, compatibility of parts and the best discounts.

In the case of this shop, my guess is the owner is very anal about
everything looking the same and looking perfectly new and clean.