Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Change

Time has certainly brought change.

When I first started building the boat, T-Shirts at the T-Shirt store
were 5 for $10.

Today, those same T-Shirts are 2 for $9.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Time has certainly brought change.

When I first started building the boat, T-Shirts at the T-Shirt store
were 5 for $10.

Today, those same T-Shirts are 2 for $9.

Lew

The "Menards" shirts, available in at least a half dozen styles are
6.99, and free after in-store rebate. Good quality too.
I have more than several. You may have to get one on your travels, Lew.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Time has certainly brought change.

When I first started building the boat, T-Shirts at the T-Shirt store
were 5 for $10.

Today, those same T-Shirts are 2 for $9.

Lew

When you started building the boat I was working at a drugstore for
$50 per week. But my rent for a furnished apartment was only $50 per
month. I was doing ok.

--
 GW Ross

 If the universe is expanding, why
 can't I find a parking space?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/26/2014 7:24 AM, G. Ross wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:
Time has certainly brought change.

When I first started building the boat, T-Shirts at the T-Shirt store
were 5 for $10.

Today, those same T-Shirts are 2 for $9.

Lew

When you started building the boat I was working at a drugstore for $50
per week. But my rent for a furnished apartment was only $50 per
month. I was doing ok.

Got married in 1966 making less than $100 a week. Bought house a few
months before the wedding. Mortgage, taxes, insurance came to $84.
Raised two kids had two cars and only one income.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Change

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...

Time has certainly brought change.

When I first started building the boat, T-Shirts at the T-Shirt store
were 5 for $10.

Today, those same T-Shirts are 2 for $9.

Yeah, back in the late 60's I was buying three-packs of blue chambray shirts
at Sears for $3.75, if my memory serves. A single blue chambray shirt today
goes for at least $36. Of course they're way better shirts than the cheapies
I was buying then, but still...

Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 16:43:55 -0700, "tdacon"
wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
web.com...

Time has certainly brought change.

When I first started building the boat, T-Shirts at the T-Shirt store
were 5 for $10.

Today, those same T-Shirts are 2 for $9.

Yeah, back in the late 60's I was buying three-packs of blue chambray shirts
at Sears for $3.75, if my memory serves. A single blue chambray shirt today
goes for at least $36. Of course they're way better shirts than the cheapies
I was buying then, but still...

In 1970, started work at $1.50/hr. I pay about the equivalent of
about 1/2 hour for a shirt, now.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"tdacon" wrote:

Yeah, back in the late 60's I was buying three-packs of blue
chambray shirts at Sears for $3.75, if my memory serves. A single
blue chambray shirt today goes for at least $36. Of course they're
way better shirts than the cheapies I was buying then, but still...

My starting point was 1992.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"tdacon" wrote:

Yeah, back in the late 60's I was buying three-packs of blue
chambray shirts at Sears for $3.75, if my memory serves. A single
blue chambray shirt today goes for at least $36. Of course they're
way better shirts than the cheapies I was buying then, but still...

My starting point was 1992.

Lew

I thought you started right after Noah and used his plans. I stand
corrected. ;)

--
 GW Ross

 A good memory does not equal pale ink.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"tdacon" wrote:

Yeah, back in the late 60's I was buying three-packs of blue
chambray shirts at Sears for $3.75, if my memory serves. A single
blue chambray shirt today goes for at least $36. Of course they're
way better shirts than the cheapies I was buying then, but still...

Lew Hodgett wrote:

My starting point was 1992.

"G. Ross" wrote:

I thought you started right after Noah and used his plans. I stand
corrected.

Touc'he

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 16:43:55 -0700, tdacon wrote:

Yeah, back in the late 60's I was buying three-packs of blue chambray
shirts at Sears for $3.75, if my memory serves.

And a cheap pack of cigarettes (Marvels or Avalon) in the early '50s was
12 cents :-). The good ones cost 20 cents.

My first full time job ('56) paid $47 a week. I was making more than
that an hour when I retired and I was still broke :-).

Posted to rec.woodworking
JAS JAS is offline

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 16:43:55 -0700, tdacon wrote:

Yeah, back in the late 60's I was buying three-packs of blue chambray
shirts at Sears for $3.75, if my memory serves.

And a cheap pack of cigarettes (Marvels or Avalon) in the early '50s was
12 cents :-). The good ones cost 20 cents.

My first full time job ('56) paid $47 a week. I was making more than
that an hour when I retired and I was still broke :-).

After graduating from a bookkeeping school in Denver in 1959 and coming
home in Nebraska my first job keeping books for a propane company was
$45.00 per week,no insurance and I was married and had 1 child and paid
45.00 a month rent. Still married to the same sweetheart [only girl I
ever dated]-I have three children now, a retired Col. in the Air Force,
a retired Maj. in the Army and a retired Dental Hygienist. Quit smoking
in 1965 and was paying .20 cents a pack for Winston.