Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Just a thought for some of you.

Things have been slow around here lately.
So here's a thought.

I have been sick the past week, so I've been watching various U tube
vids by some machinists. There's a lot to learn about setup
(woodworking) if you watch how things are setup. There are some neat
tricks.

So if you have some time, you might want to watch some vids.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:55:54 AM UTC-6, woodchucker wrote:
Things have been slow around here lately. So here's a thought. I have been sick the past week, so I've been watching various U tube vids by some machinists. There's a lot to learn about setup (woodworking) if you watch how things are setup. There are some neat tricks. So if you have some time, you might want to watch some vids. -- Jeff

Here's a video that's pretty neat: https://www.youtube.com/embed/1yWmqbltB-c

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/9/2014 12:14 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:55:54 AM UTC-6, woodchucker wrote:
Things have been slow around here lately. So here's a thought. I have been sick the past week, so I've been watching various U tube vids by some machinists. There's a lot to learn about setup (woodworking) if you watch how things are setup. There are some neat tricks. So if you have some time, you might want to watch some vids. -- Jeff

Here's a video that's pretty neat: https://www.youtube.com/embed/1yWmqbltB-c

Sonny

Wow, that is so cool, very artistic, and quite a craftsman with the skew.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/9/14, 11:14 AM, Sonny wrote:
On Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:55:54 AM UTC-6, woodchucker wrote:
Things have been slow around here lately. So here's a thought. I
have been sick the past week, so I've been watching various U tube
vids by some machinists. There's a lot to learn about setup
(woodworking) if you watch how things are setup. There are some
neat tricks. So if you have some time, you might want to watch some
vids. -- Jeff

Here's a video that's pretty neat:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/1yWmqbltB-c

Sonny

That's very cool and the guy is obviously very skilled.
I'd love to see it when he gets his sleeve caught in that belt pulley,
though. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/9/2014 12:24 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/9/14, 11:14 AM, Sonny wrote:
On Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:55:54 AM UTC-6, woodchucker wrote:
Things have been slow around here lately. So here's a thought. I
have been sick the past week, so I've been watching various U tube
vids by some machinists. There's a lot to learn about setup
(woodworking) if you watch how things are setup. There are some
neat tricks. So if you have some time, you might want to watch some
vids. -- Jeff

Here's a video that's pretty neat:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/1yWmqbltB-c

Sonny

That's very cool and the guy is obviously very skilled.
I'd love to see it when he gets his sleeve caught in that belt pulley,
though. :-)

I noticed the exposed belt the first time, I had to watch again to
catch how close his sleeve actually go to the pulley and belt. Woah!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Sonny" wrote in message
On Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:55:54 AM UTC-6, woodchucker wrote:
Things have been slow around here lately. So here's a thought. I have
been sick the past week, so I've been watching various U tube vids by
some machinists. There's a lot to learn about setup (woodworking) if you
watch how things are setup. There are some neat tricks. So if you have
some time, you might want to watch some vids. -- Jeff

Here's a video that's pretty neat:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/1yWmqbltB-c

Sonny

I wonder how much he would charge for a Christmas tree?

I also wonder what wood he uses. Must be soft and stable.

This sort of thing is a little too intricate for me. I would end up
stabbing myself if I tried this. I manage to stab myself on a semi regular
basis in the kitchen. I don't want to tempt fate.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/9/2014 1:24 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/9/14, 11:14 AM, Sonny wrote:
On Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:55:54 AM UTC-6, woodchucker wrote:
Things have been slow around here lately. So here's a thought. I
have been sick the past week, so I've been watching various U tube
vids by some machinists. There's a lot to learn about setup
(woodworking) if you watch how things are setup. There are some
neat tricks. So if you have some time, you might want to watch some
vids. -- Jeff

Here's a video that's pretty neat:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/1yWmqbltB-c

Sonny

That's very cool and the guy is obviously very skilled.
I'd love to see it when he gets his sleeve caught in that belt pulley,
though. :-)

In addition, you can see the amount of pressure he applies when shaving
the curls. I wonder how many he's broken before get the right feel or
even after.

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, January 9, 2014 1:50:20 PM UTC-6, Lee Michaels wrote:
I wonder how much he would charge for a Christmas tree? I also wonder what wood he uses.

The guy's name is Werbung Fischer. He says the wood is lime, similar to basswood.

Price list: http://www.kunsthandwerkstube.de/Chr...80 c4d9693239

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/9/2014 3:34 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Thursday, January 9, 2014 1:50:20 PM UTC-6, Lee Michaels wrote:
I wonder how much he would charge for a Christmas tree? I also wonder what wood he uses.

The guy's name is Werbung Fischer. He says the wood is lime, similar to basswood.

Price list: http://www.kunsthandwerkstube.de/Chr...80 c4d9693239

Sonny

Looks pretty reasonable, price wise.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Sonny" wrote in message

On Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:55:54 AM UTC-6, woodchucker wrote:
Things have been slow around here lately. So here's a thought. I have been
sick the past week, so I've been watching various U tube vids by some
machinists. There's a lot to learn about setup (woodworking) if you watch
how things are setup. There are some neat tricks. So if you have some
time, you might want to watch some vids. -- Jeff

Here's a video that's pretty neat:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/1yWmqbltB-c

Sonny

Way cool video, thanks for sharing.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, January 9, 2014 6:55:54 PM UTC+2, woodchucker wrote:
Things have been slow around here lately.

So here's a thought.

I have been sick the past week, so I've been watching various U tube

vids by some machinists. There's a lot to learn about setup

(woodworking) if you watch how things are setup. There are some neat

tricks.

So if you have some time, you might want to watch some vids.

--

Jeff

Just look on "woodworking". And look around. There are plenty of ideas, a collague downloaded a lot of videos of this guy in his barn doing lots of stuff..... from my apartment view it is heaven
Dream and decide what is next.... I did.... and some ideas have come true some remain dreams (not ideas only)

As I say - there is always a NEXT step to go