Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Thought for the day

The issue is not the well off self insured person.
The issue is the massive volume of un-documented / illegal / plugging up
the medical system.

Ever walk into the emergency area of a county hospital ? Wait 3-4 hours
to get a bleeding cut fixed.

The two hospitals within 5 miles of me are 1. A large county - modern.
2. A medium private. The private emergency room now triages everyone and
hands an estimate to the person. If they can't pay the estimate they read
to go next door (more or less) to County. They had to do that when both
hospitals no longer could have an emergency center due to walk in just
needing a doctor or what a traditional doctor is for. They are there for
Free service. They come from Commie and dictator countries and that is their
medicine.

San Francisco closed all of the emergency centers. Ambulances had to take
SFO people down the coast to a hospital that could afford it.

That is the issue. Free be or expect a high skilled person to tend nominal
and baby development - pre birth needs.

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Gary H. Lucas" wrote in message

snip

--
Ed Huntress

Ed,
You have to remember that a very large chunk of your bill comes from
paying the bills of people who come in with no insurance, and no money.

Yeah, but why should the uninsured individual pay it, when the insurance
companies don't? That's totally reversed from most business practices. The
guy who pays cash should get the price break, not the one who makes you jump
through hoops and fill out a mountain of paperwork.

Hospitals ARE businesses, and the price they charge has to be greater than
what it costs to operate or they cease to operate. This is the dilemma so
many hospitals are facing.

The system is broken, though, Gary. Inflation in medical care is all out of
proportion to that in the economy at large, and the arguments about all the
new technology that's now available don't begin to explain it.

I don't want to get started about hospitals. It gives me a stomach ache just
to think about it. It's almost as bad as medical insurers.

I have a friend who is an absolute computer wizard. His wife is a nurse
and the hospital she worked at needed a new IT person. He knew everyone
in the IT department from spending lots of time there helping solve
problems. He applied for the job but was beaten out by a nurse who said
she was burned out taken care of patients and wanted to try something new.
They said he "lacked clinical experience to understand the needs of a
hospital" However when they get in trouble they call him! The last time
he told me about this I told him to put all the trouble calls at the
hospital on his resume as clinical experience. It's little wonder the
medical world is so screwed up.

There are a lot of reasons, and it's going to take a radical shakeup to make
something better happen.

--
Ed Huntress

OT - Thought for the day Louis Ohland Metalworking 0 December 26th 07 06:33 PM
Here's a thought... HeyBub Woodworking 9 June 9th 07 03:09 AM
Never thought I'd be better off with oil instead of gas... MM UK diy 23 November 30th 05 06:04 PM