Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default What is it? Set 517 - Answers

On 11/2/13 7:25 PM, Larry Sheldon wrote:
On 11/2/2013 5:48 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

[clean up]

Never would have guessed that a group like this one would need a kill file.

I, for one, would like to defend Stormin Mormon. Suppose he were
Chinese. (I'm not saying he _is_ Chinese because I do not wish to
stereotype _all_ Chinese people as being just like him.)

But if he _were_ Chinese, it would be in terrible taste to tell him to
launder his humor. If you found fault with him because you assumed he's
_not_ Chinese, doesn't that reinforce the prejudice that Chinese people
should be treated differently?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/5/2013 3:03 PM, J Burns wrote:
On 11/2/13 7:25 PM, Larry Sheldon wrote:
On 11/2/2013 5:48 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

[clean up]

Never would have guessed that a group like this one would need a kill
file.

I, for one, would like to defend Stormin Mormon. Suppose he were
Chinese. (I'm not saying he _is_ Chinese because I do not wish to
stereotype _all_ Chinese people as being just like him.)

But if he _were_ Chinese, it would be in terrible taste to tell him to
launder his humor. If you found fault with him because you assumed he's
_not_ Chinese, doesn't that reinforce the prejudice that Chinese people
should be treated differently?

The trouble with political correctness is that it breeds a bunch of
pussies. One day when we have everything so that no ones feelings are
hurt France is going to invade and take over.

When political correctness was not such a "thing" we had a lot more respect.
Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"J Burns"
wrote in message On 11/2/13 7:25 PM, Larry
Sheldon wrote:
On 11/2/2013 5:48 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

[clean up]

Never would have guessed that a group like this
one would need a kill file.

I, for one, would like to defend Stormin Mormon.
Suppose he were Chinese. (I'm not saying he
_is_ Chinese because I do not wish to stereotype
_all_ Chinese people as being just like him.)

But if he _were_ Chinese, it would be in
terrible taste to tell him to launder his humor.
If you found fault with him because you assumed
he's _not_ Chinese, doesn't that reinforce the
prejudice that Chinese people should be treated
differently?

I have no problem with Stormin Mormon... ;)}

Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 11/5/2013 3:03 PM, J Burns wrote:
On 11/2/13 7:25 PM, Larry Sheldon wrote:
On 11/2/2013 5:48 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

[clean up]

Never would have guessed that a group like this one would need a kill
file.

I, for one, would like to defend Stormin Mormon. Suppose he were
Chinese. (I'm not saying he _is_ Chinese because I do not wish to
stereotype _all_ Chinese people as being just like him.)

But if he _were_ Chinese, it would be in terrible taste to tell him to
launder his humor. If you found fault with him because you assumed he's
_not_ Chinese, doesn't that reinforce the prejudice that Chinese people
should be treated differently?

Rude, insensitive, and stupid know no boundaries.

(If it is Chinese, and says crap like that knowing that there are
round-eyes that will be offended, it is still rude, insensitive, and
stupid.)

I'm not Mormon either, but that is still rude, insensitive and stupid.
And I can not imagine any of the many Mormons I know saying something
like that.

--
Idioten aangeboden. Gratis af te halen.
h/t Dagelijkse Standaard
Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 11/5/2013 4:07 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:

I have no problem with Stormin Mormon... ;)}

I'm sure it will appreciate (sure) the company in my filter.

--
Idioten aangeboden. Gratis af te halen.
h/t Dagelijkse Standaard

Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Tue, 05 Nov 2013 16:03:28 -0500, J Burns
wrote:

On 11/2/13 7:25 PM, Larry Sheldon wrote:
On 11/2/2013 5:48 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

[clean up]

Never would have guessed that a group like this one would need a kill file.

I, for one, would like to defend Stormin Mormon. Suppose he were
Chinese. (I'm not saying he _is_ Chinese because I do not wish to
stereotype _all_ Chinese people as being just like him.)

But if he _were_ Chinese, it would be in terrible taste to tell him to
launder his humor. If you found fault with him because you assumed he's
_not_ Chinese, doesn't that reinforce the prejudice that Chinese people
should be treated differently?

Well then from a VGA cord made in China

" Caution

Insert securely lest should be detached in SET"

Tech writers you just have to love em.

Mark
Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 11/5/2013 5:44 PM, Larry Sheldon wrote:

Rude, insensitive, and stupid know no boundaries.

(If it is Chinese, and says crap like that knowing that there are
round-eyes that will be offended, it is still rude, insensitive, and
stupid.)

I'm not Mormon either, but that is still rude, insensitive and stupid.
And I can not imagine any of the many Mormons I know saying something
like that.

And then you call us round-eyes? You have any idea
how offensive that is? Sheesh.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default What is it? Chinglish

On 11/5/2013 7:50 PM, Markem wrote:

I, for one, would like to defend Stormin Mormon. Suppose he were
Chinese. (I'm not saying he _is_ Chinese because I do not wish to
stereotype _all_ Chinese people as being just like him.)

But if he _were_ Chinese, it would be in terrible taste to tell him to
launder his humor. If you found fault with him because you assumed he's
_not_ Chinese, doesn't that reinforce the prejudice that Chinese people
should be treated differently?

Well then from a VGA cord made in China
" Caution
Insert securely lest should be detached in SET"
Tech writers you just have to love em.
Mark

I guess it is based on who said it. When JFK called
himself a jelly donut, we all smiled. When a China
man says he "velly goodly" we all smile. When a black
man describes his friend as a "good nig" we just
let it slide. But, let a white, Christian American
use some slang, and all hell breaks loose.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Stormin Mormon fired this volley in news:%
:

On 11/5/2013 5:44 PM, Larry Sheldon wrote:

Rude, insensitive, and stupid know no boundaries.

And then you call us round-eyes? You have any idea
how offensive that is? Sheesh.

----------------
I dealt with the Chinese one-on-one (face to face) in hundreds of
international transactions for over 15 years.

They are dishonest, evil, and without any morals or ethics, except one:
They consider it honorable to cheat a business associate.

It is, in their view, the highest of accomplishments to successfully
cheat someone in a business transaction. I did not invent or surmise
this from dealing with them. I was told this, in person, by a Chinese
man who, having learnt how we do business over here, was 'converted' to
our ethical form.

We try to extract every dime from a tranaction without 'going over the
edge' and cheating or lying. We have whole cadres of salespeople who DO
lie routinely... Car salesmen, insurance hawkers, and the like... and as
a society, we've categorized them in both society and literature as the
lowest-of-the-low.

The Chinese ALL deal that way, even among themselves, and consider it a
failing to NOT successfully lie and cheat their way through. And
similarly, instead of feeling they've been victimized, they consider it a
great personal failing if they succumb to being cheated. It's a 180-
degree reversal of our ethics.

So, don't talk to me about "respecting" Chinese. They're worthy of none
of it.

In addition, they have often expressed their goal of destroying then
taking over our economy. I suppose you would like that. I would not.

Lloyd

Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default What is it? Chinese policy?

----------------
[...]

That could explain a bit about the US economic policy.
After all, don't the Chinese own a few bling in US
bonds? Wonder what they are doing to US politicians
in closed rooms?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
jim jim is offline

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

It is, in their view, the highest of accomplishments to successfully
cheat someone in a business transaction. I did not invent or surmise
this from dealing with them. I was told this, in person, by a Chinese
man who, having learnt how we do business over here, was 'converted' to
our ethical form.

So there is one honest Chinaman and you found him.
What are the odds? About 1 in a billion?

And how do you know he is honest?
He told you he was.

We try to extract every dime from a tranaction without 'going over the
edge' and cheating or lying. We have whole cadres of salespeople who DO
lie routinely... Car salesmen, insurance hawkers, and the like... and as
a society, we've categorized them in both society and literature as the
lowest-of-the-low.

The Chinese ALL deal that way, even among themselves, and consider it a
failing to NOT successfully lie and cheat their way through. And
similarly, instead of feeling they've been victimized, they consider it a
great personal failing if they succumb to being cheated. It's a 180-
degree reversal of our ethics.

You
have to first convincingly lie to yourself so that you
can lie to others.

That seems like an unnecessary extra step to the Chinese.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 05 Nov 2013 15:50:02 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

[...]

+1

Since when is it a "Constitutional right" to not be offended?
Remember, one must *take* offense. It's particularly idiotic to take
offense for someone else. If the injuns don't like the name of the
Washington *******, let them bitch.

When political correctness was not such a "thing" we had a lot more respect.

Keep preachin'.
Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Tue, 05 Nov 2013 16:47:33 -0600, Larry Sheldon
wrote:

On 11/5/2013 4:07 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:

I have no problem with Stormin Mormon... ;)}

I'm sure it will appreciate (sure) the company in my filter.

Your prerogative but it's kinda childish to announce it, isn't it?

Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Wed, 06 Nov 2013 07:26:18 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

[...]

Unfortunately...Lloyd nailed it in the x ring. Well stated

Gunner

--
Liberals want everyone to think like them.
Conservatives want everyone to think.

---

Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Stormin Mormon fired this volley in news:%
:

On 11/5/2013 5:44 PM, Larry Sheldon wrote:

Rude, insensitive, and stupid know no boundaries.

And then you call us round-eyes? You have any idea
how offensive that is? Sheesh.

My point exactly. (For the record, I am a mongrel with no clear
evidence of non-European ancestors--a "round eyes".

--
Idioten aangeboden. Gratis af te halen.
h/t Dagelijkse Standaard
Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Error correction (was What is it? Chinese policy?)

Been a while since I stumbled into a smelly pile of crap like this.

I'll try shutting down cross-posting to see if can save the "puzzles"
connection.

P. U.

--
Idioten aangeboden. Gratis af te halen.
h/t Dagelijkse Standaard

Posted to rec.woodworking

in 1560122 20131106 130020 Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

So JFK wasn't "a white, Christian American"?
Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Wed, 06 Nov 2013 18:52:59 -0600, Larry Sheldon

Stormin Mormon fired this volley in news:%
:

On 11/5/2013 5:44 PM, Larry Sheldon wrote:

Rude, insensitive, and stupid know no boundaries.

And then you call us round-eyes? You have any idea
how offensive that is? Sheesh.

My point exactly. (For the record, I am a mongrel with no clear
evidence of non-European ancestors--a "round eyes".

Im not even "white" yet the Left tries to use me for a punching bag
with great regularity.

Gunner