Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default What is it? Chinglish

On 11/5/2013 7:50 PM, Markem wrote:

I, for one, would like to defend Stormin Mormon. Suppose he were
Chinese. (I'm not saying he _is_ Chinese because I do not wish to
stereotype _all_ Chinese people as being just like him.)

But if he _were_ Chinese, it would be in terrible taste to tell him to
launder his humor. If you found fault with him because you assumed he's
_not_ Chinese, doesn't that reinforce the prejudice that Chinese people
should be treated differently?

Well then from a VGA cord made in China
" Caution
Insert securely lest should be detached in SET"
Tech writers you just have to love em.
Mark

I guess it is based on who said it. When JFK called
himself a jelly donut, we all smiled. When a China
man says he "velly goodly" we all smile. When a black
man describes his friend as a "good nig" we just
let it slide. But, let a white, Christian American
use some slang, and all hell breaks loose.

--
..
Christopher A. Young