Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Larry Sheldon Larry Sheldon is offline

Default What is it? Set 517 - Answers

On 11/5/2013 3:03 PM, J Burns wrote:
On 11/2/13 7:25 PM, Larry Sheldon wrote:
On 11/2/2013 5:48 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

[clean up]

Never would have guessed that a group like this one would need a kill
file.

I, for one, would like to defend Stormin Mormon. Suppose he were
Chinese. (I'm not saying he _is_ Chinese because I do not wish to
stereotype _all_ Chinese people as being just like him.)

But if he _were_ Chinese, it would be in terrible taste to tell him to
launder his humor. If you found fault with him because you assumed he's
_not_ Chinese, doesn't that reinforce the prejudice that Chinese people
should be treated differently?

Rude, insensitive, and stupid know no boundaries.

(If it is Chinese, and says crap like that knowing that there are
round-eyes that will be offended, it is still rude, insensitive, and
stupid.)

I'm not Mormon either, but that is still rude, insensitive and stupid.
And I can not imagine any of the many Mormons I know saying something
like that.

--
Idioten aangeboden. Gratis af te halen.
h/t Dagelijkse Standaard