Posted to rec.woodworking

Default new roubo esk bench

Trying to save my back, and make things a little easier while doing
dovetails. And it should help with routing and vision too.

http://imgur.com/a/YbWt2#5

Cheap 2x4's and some pipe clamps that I bought and never used.. been
sitting in the plastic the heads came with. Finally found a use for them
since Jorgs and Besseys rule...

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/28/2013 8:26 PM, woodchucker wrote:
Trying to save my back, and make things a little easier while doing
dovetails. And it should help with routing and vision too.

http://imgur.com/a/YbWt2#5

Cheap 2x4's and some pipe clamps that I bought and never used.. been
sitting in the plastic the heads came with. Finally found a use for them
since Jorgs and Besseys rule...

Cool.

I see your Jorgs are the original old style, have you not broken any yet???

FWIW The Adjustable Clamp company is replacing all of the aluminum
bodied "innards" with the cast iron fix, for free.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/28/2013 8:26 PM, woodchucker wrote:
Trying to save my back, and make things a little easier while doing
dovetails. And it should help with routing and vision too.

http://imgur.com/a/YbWt2#5

Cheap 2x4's and some pipe clamps that I bought and never used.. been
sitting in the plastic the heads came with. Finally found a use for them
since Jorgs and Besseys rule...

Nicely done, and good idea.

BTW, really like the shop and the thought that went into the layout.
Oughta be in a magazine.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:
Trying to save my back, and make things a little easier while doing
dovetails. And it should help with routing and vision too.

http://imgur.com/a/YbWt2#5

Cheap 2x4's and some pipe clamps that I bought and never used.. been
sitting in the plastic the heads came with. Finally found a use for them
since Jorgs and Besseys rule...

Good backsaver.
BTW does your DC keep your jointer cleaned out? Mine kept clogging so I
switched back to just a box below the chute.

--
 GW Ross

 I'd love to, but my patent is pending.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/29/2013 9:17 AM, Leon wrote:
On 10/28/2013 8:26 PM, woodchucker wrote:
Trying to save my back, and make things a little easier while doing
dovetails. And it should help with routing and vision too.

http://imgur.com/a/YbWt2#5

Cheap 2x4's and some pipe clamps that I bought and never used.. been
sitting in the plastic the heads came with. Finally found a use for them
since Jorgs and Besseys rule...

Cool.

I see your Jorgs are the original old style, have you not broken any yet???

FWIW The Adjustable Clamp company is replacing all of the aluminum
bodied "innards" with the cast iron fix, for free.

Nope havne't broken one, but after your story I put some white lube on
the screws to prevent it from being a problem.

--
Jeff

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/29/2013 9:55 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 10/28/2013 8:26 PM, woodchucker wrote:
Trying to save my back, and make things a little easier while doing
dovetails. And it should help with routing and vision too.

http://imgur.com/a/YbWt2#5

Cheap 2x4's and some pipe clamps that I bought and never used.. been
sitting in the plastic the heads came with. Finally found a use for them
since Jorgs and Besseys rule...

Nicely done, and good idea.

BTW, really like the shop and the thought that went into the layout.
Oughta be in a magazine.

Thanks, it's always evolving.
everytime I find myself too lazy to do something, I make a change to
resolve it.

like everyone else I still suffer clutter. If I through something on a
table, I just keep moving it... so that's what I try to avoid and
organize for... would rather work in the few hours I have each week over
finding stuff.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/29/2013 10:21 AM, G. Ross wrote:
woodchucker wrote:
Trying to save my back, and make things a little easier while doing
dovetails. And it should help with routing and vision too.

http://imgur.com/a/YbWt2#5

Cheap 2x4's and some pipe clamps that I bought and never used.. been
sitting in the plastic the heads came with. Finally found a use for them
since Jorgs and Besseys rule...

Good backsaver.
BTW does your DC keep your jointer cleaned out? Mine kept clogging so I
switched back to just a box below the chute.

DC, I am using a vac.

mostly I don't clog. Sometimes I am stupid and forget to open the
gate... then it's all over.

open the gate, the vac starts up.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/29/2013 5:41 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 10/29/2013 9:17 AM, Leon wrote:
On 10/28/2013 8:26 PM, woodchucker wrote:
Trying to save my back, and make things a little easier while doing
dovetails. And it should help with routing and vision too.

http://imgur.com/a/YbWt2#5

Cheap 2x4's and some pipe clamps that I bought and never used.. been
sitting in the plastic the heads came with. Finally found a use for them
since Jorgs and Besseys rule...

Cool.

I see your Jorgs are the original old style, have you not broken any
yet???

FWIW The Adjustable Clamp company is replacing all of the aluminum
bodied "innards" with the cast iron fix, for free.

Nope havne't broken one, but after your story I put some white lube on
the screws to prevent it from being a problem.

The while mechanism cracks, not at the screws.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/30/2013 12:09 AM, Leon wrote:
[...]

Which mechanism? I thought you stripped the aluminum threads.
You cracked the lower casting? Where?
--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:
[...]

The aluminum portion that the screw handle threads into breaks but not
where it is threaded.
One thing that I did discover, if the screw begins to feel rough to turn
when applying pressure it is not likely to be the actual threads. The end
of the threaded shaft where the large washer is riveted benefits from som
sprat libe where the washer is joined at the end of the screw shaft.

If I remember tomorrow I'll take a picture of one of the broken pieces.
Jorgensen does not want the broken parts back when the send the cast iron
replacement.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
woodchucker wrote:
[...]

Jeez. Some spray lube, not som sprat libe. :-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/30/2013 6:30 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Cool.

I see your Jorgs are the original old style, have you not broken any
yet???

FWIW The Adjustable Clamp company is replacing all of the aluminum
bodied "innards" with the cast iron fix, for free.

Nope havne't broken one, but after your story I put some white lube on
the screws to prevent it from being a problem.

The while mechanism cracks, not at the screws.

Which mechanism? I thought you stripped the aluminum threads.
You cracked the lower casting? Where?

OK, here is where the old style aluminum pieces break.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/10592266953/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/31/2013 1:39 AM, Leon wrote:
woodchucker wrote:
[...]

You have to do your own replacement? Is it easy. Didn't think it would
be. Thought it's trapped in.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/31/2013 10:25 AM, Leon wrote:
On 10/30/2013 6:30 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Cool.

I see your Jorgs are the original old style, have you not broken any
yet???

FWIW The Adjustable Clamp company is replacing all of the aluminum
bodied "innards" with the cast iron fix, for free.

Nope havne't broken one, but after your story I put some white lube on
the screws to prevent it from being a problem.

The while mechanism cracks, not at the screws.

Which mechanism? I thought you stripped the aluminum threads.
You cracked the lower casting? Where?

OK, here is where the old style aluminum pieces break.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/10592266953/

Geez... thanks for the heads up. I obviously don't use mine as
frequently as you, but I do use them quite a bit.

Gotta look at mine... see if I can see that.

--
Jeff

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/31/2013 10:25 AM, Leon wrote:
On 10/30/2013 6:30 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Cool.

I see your Jorgs are the original old style, have you not broken any
yet???

FWIW The Adjustable Clamp company is replacing all of the aluminum
bodied "innards" with the cast iron fix, for free.

Nope havne't broken one, but after your story I put some white lube on
the screws to prevent it from being a problem.

The while mechanism cracks, not at the screws.

Which mechanism? I thought you stripped the aluminum threads.
You cracked the lower casting? Where?

OK, here is where the old style aluminum pieces break.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/10592266953/

Just checked mine, none show signs yet of stress cracking.
Took one apart. Never noticed that it's pretty easy just unscrew the
front piece and pull it out that way.

Curious, when they sent you the steel replacement, did they send you the
nylon pads that they are putting in the new ones? I assume that pad is
somehow to prevent the lock up that you get sometimes if you put the
clamp away with the screw all the way backed out and you have no room to
loosen it any more... Not real sure.. of maybe it's a shock preventitive
from dropping them to the bottom and cracking.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:
[...]

I don't recall if a new nylon piece came with it or not, I'm sure they
would send it too if you asked.
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:
[...]

Almost stupid simple. You need a small Philips screw driver. Slide the
clamp end assembly off of the bar, remove the Philips head screw, slide the
little door off and remove the guts.. Swap the wedges and tension spring
and reverse the steps to reassemble. The first time will take about 4
minutes. After knowing what has to be done, about 2 minutes.
IIRC the replacement part comes with instructions.

roubo workbench Dr. Deb[_3_] Woodworking 10 June 22nd 12 05:55 PM
Wood prepped for second half of bench top - Bitsa Bench Mike Richardson Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 June 24th 07 05:22 AM
Roubo bench Andy Woodworking 8 February 15th 06 03:23 PM
Bench Vice Handle for new work bench Nick Bozovich Woodworking 7 August 27th 04 07:22 AM
Bench Dog Or Bench Hold Down Clamp? Tim Hurd Woodworking 8 May 14th 04 12:15 AM