Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default new roubo esk bench

On 10/31/2013 10:25 AM, Leon wrote:
On 10/30/2013 6:30 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Cool.

I see your Jorgs are the original old style, have you not broken any
yet???

FWIW The Adjustable Clamp company is replacing all of the aluminum
bodied "innards" with the cast iron fix, for free.

Nope havne't broken one, but after your story I put some white lube on
the screws to prevent it from being a problem.

The while mechanism cracks, not at the screws.

Which mechanism? I thought you stripped the aluminum threads.
You cracked the lower casting? Where?

OK, here is where the old style aluminum pieces break.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/10592266953/

Just checked mine, none show signs yet of stress cracking.
Took one apart. Never noticed that it's pretty easy just unscrew the
front piece and pull it out that way.

Curious, when they sent you the steel replacement, did they send you the
nylon pads that they are putting in the new ones? I assume that pad is
somehow to prevent the lock up that you get sometimes if you put the
clamp away with the screw all the way backed out and you have no room to
loosen it any more... Not real sure.. of maybe it's a shock preventitive
from dropping them to the bottom and cracking.

--
Jeff