Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default new roubo esk bench

On 10/31/2013 1:39 AM, Leon wrote:
woodchucker wrote:
On 10/30/2013 12:09 AM, Leon wrote:
On 10/29/2013 5:41 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 10/29/2013 9:17 AM, Leon wrote:
On 10/28/2013 8:26 PM, woodchucker wrote:
Trying to save my back, and make things a little easier while doing
dovetails. And it should help with routing and vision too.

http://imgur.com/a/YbWt2#5

Cheap 2x4's and some pipe clamps that I bought and never used.. been
sitting in the plastic the heads came with. Finally found a use for
them
since Jorgs and Besseys rule...

Cool.

I see your Jorgs are the original old style, have you not broken any
yet???

FWIW The Adjustable Clamp company is replacing all of the aluminum
bodied "innards" with the cast iron fix, for free.

Nope havne't broken one, but after your story I put some white lube on
the screws to prevent it from being a problem.

The while mechanism cracks, not at the screws.

Which mechanism? I thought you stripped the aluminum threads.
You cracked the lower casting? Where?

The aluminum portion that the screw handle threads into breaks but not
where it is threaded.
One thing that I did discover, if the screw begins to feel rough to turn
when applying pressure it is not likely to be the actual threads. The end
of the threaded shaft where the large washer is riveted benefits from som
sprat libe where the washer is joined at the end of the screw shaft.

If I remember tomorrow I'll take a picture of one of the broken pieces.
Jorgensen does not want the broken parts back when the send the cast iron
replacement.

You have to do your own replacement? Is it easy. Didn't think it would
be. Thought it's trapped in.

--
Jeff