Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default new roubo esk bench

On 10/31/2013 10:25 AM, Leon wrote:
On 10/30/2013 6:30 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Cool.

I see your Jorgs are the original old style, have you not broken any
yet???

FWIW The Adjustable Clamp company is replacing all of the aluminum
bodied "innards" with the cast iron fix, for free.

Nope havne't broken one, but after your story I put some white lube on
the screws to prevent it from being a problem.

The while mechanism cracks, not at the screws.

Which mechanism? I thought you stripped the aluminum threads.
You cracked the lower casting? Where?

OK, here is where the old style aluminum pieces break.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/10592266953/

Geez... thanks for the heads up. I obviously don't use mine as
frequently as you, but I do use them quite a bit.

Gotta look at mine... see if I can see that.

--
Jeff