Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodworking project

Posted some pictures tonight of yesterday's woodworking project. The URL
is:

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/mi...?sort=2&page=1

My woodworking partner is far more attractive than Karl's and probably works
more. Doesn't need trips to the Vet, and cooks for me after we're done.
Well - sometimes. Yesterday it was "I don't feel like cooking, let's go out
to eat...". I have no problem with that from time to time.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike Marlow wrote:
Posted some pictures tonight of yesterday's woodworking project. The URL
is:

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/mi...?sort=2&page=1

My woodworking partner is far more attractive than Karl's and probably works
more. Doesn't need trips to the Vet, and cooks for me after we're done.
Well - sometimes. Yesterday it was "I don't feel like cooking, let's go out
to eat...". I have no problem with that from time to time.

Amen!

--
 GW Ross

 Support your local medical examiner
 -- die strangely.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike Marlow wrote:
Posted some pictures tonight of yesterday's woodworking project. The URL
is:

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/mi...?sort=2&page=1

My woodworking partner is far more attractive than Karl's and probably works
more. Doesn't need trips to the Vet, and cooks for me after we're done.
Well - sometimes. Yesterday it was "I don't feel like cooking, let's go out
to eat...". I have no problem with that from time to time.

The "his and hers" chainsaws practically left a tear in my eye...

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
Posted some pictures tonight of yesterday's woodworking project. The URL
is:

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/mi...?sort=2&page=1

My woodworking partner is far more attractive than Karl's and
probably works more. Doesn't need trips to the Vet, and cooks for
me after we're done. Well - sometimes. Yesterday it was "I don't
feel like cooking, let's go out to eat...". I have no problem with
that from time to time.

The "his and hers" chainsaws practically left a tear in my eye...

There is a story behind that Bill. Two years ago - or maybe three... my
wife had made the statement that she wanted a "girly" chainsaw. She wanted
one just to cut up the stuff that inevitably falls into our yard, living in
the middle of the woods. We're always picking up tree limbs and the likes.
So, at Christmas time, I hunted for a "girly" chainsaw. Everyone knows how
much patience a guy has hunting for gifts, so it didn't take long for me to
decide I was just going to the local guys and buying her a small Stihl. I'm
a Stihl guy through and through, so it was really easy for me to forgo any
further shopping and just go get a Stihl.

You should have seen her face when she opened it! My wife is not at all the
tom-boy type, but she thought it was great. Having said that - she hasn't
used it once since she got it! There is this fear of a chainsaw thing that
she just hasn't gotten over yet. So - I use it for the tops of trees when
we're getting firewood up. Excuse me... when we're doing fall woodworking
projects. It is so much easier to work the limbs than it is to wrestle my
361 around in all that tangle. And - you can cut all day long with that
little thing and never feel the strain of it. You know when you've lugged
my saw around for a while.

I keep mentioning that she has to get on it and give it a try. So far...
she's only "getting there". I know it will be like her log splitter - once
she uses it one time, she's going to feel the power of using another power
tool, and I'll never get to play with that little thing again. With the
splitter, if I slip and say "my splitter" while talking to someone, she
immediately corrects me by saying "who's splitter???. The day will come
when I'll have to ask her permission to use her saw to work some tree
tops...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/7/2013 7:46 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
[...]

Maybe. I can't say I recollect seeing a "girly" chainsaw, but I don't
doubt you that they exist. My chainsaw is electric ($79), but it has
already done more work than I thought it was capable of doing--mainly
including 1/3 of a big Silver Maple. The wind left that part on the
ground, the rest cost $900 to have taken down. Admittedly, if I had it
to do over, I might have rented a more powerful chainsaw like you have
for that job. But I already owned the electric one.

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/6/2013 9:06 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Posted some pictures tonight of yesterday's woodworking project. The URL
is:

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/mi...?sort=2&page=1

My woodworking partner is far more attractive than Karl's and probably works
more. Doesn't need trips to the Vet, and cooks for me after we're done.
Well - sometimes. Yesterday it was "I don't feel like cooking, let's go out
to eat...". I have no problem with that from time to time.

Well hell, Linda is in her 60's, and she doesn't cook, but I haven't had
to take her to the vet ... yet.

BTW, you are obviously too young to have noticed that, by the time women
reach a certain age, they are all pretty much the same.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:

Maybe. I can't say I recollect seeing a "girly" chainsaw, but I don't
doubt you that they exist. My chainsaw is electric ($79), but it has
already done more work than I thought it was capable of doing--mainly
including 1/3 of a big Silver Maple. The wind left that part on the
ground, the rest cost $900 to have taken down. Admittedly, if I had
it to do over, I might have rented a more powerful chainsaw like you
have for that job. But I already owned the electric one.

To be fair - I don't know what a "girly" chainsaw is either. That's just
how my wife described what she wanted. I think she was thinking of
something very small, not very powerful, easy to use, that she could use to
cut up limbs that fell into the yard. I figure that's exactly what I bought
her...

As for the electric chainsaw - I have one too. It's one that a fellow
brought back into the Home Depot when I worked there because the piece of
junk would not cut. I had to look at it before the clerk could accept it
for a return, and I showed the fellow why it would not cut. He had taken
the chain off, and then put it back on backwards. You won't believe how
many times I saw that when I worked there! Anyway, he had clearly hit a
stone or something because the cutters were curled right over. As a
courtesy, I installed the chain the right way, grabbed a file and sharpened
the cutters to brand new condition and explained to him how to do this kind
of thing. Wouldn't you know, after all that he still wanted a replacement
saw, so we sent him out with one. I had to wait 48 hours after we marked
down his returned/used saw before I could buy it as an employee, but as soon
as the time was up, I bought it.

We live in a log home and remodeling exterior walls in any way requires a
chainsaw. Small, quiet (a relative term...), exhaust-free saws are far more
preferable to real chainsaws. This little electric would not stand up to
any real wood work, and it's easy to tell when using it, but for inside work
it can't be beat. Kept sharp, it will cut through a log twice the length of
the bar, but these things really are not meant for that kind of work on any
sort of routine basis. I'd kill mine in a day if I tried to do that with
it. Inside the house though, or for a quick cut of something out in the
garage - it is great. Damn thing would kill you from the vibrations if you
used it for any amount of time though.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

Well hell, Linda is in her 60's, and she doesn't cook, but I haven't
had to take her to the vet ... yet.

Hey wait a minute...

BTW, you are obviously too young to have noticed that, by the time
women reach a certain age, they are all pretty much the same.

Anyone who tells me I am too young for anything immediately becomes my new
best friend!

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 7 Oct 2013 09:15:04 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
To be fair - I don't know what a "girly" chainsaw is either. That's just
how my wife described what she wanted. I think she was thinking of
something very small, not very powerful, easy to use, that she could use to
cut up limbs that fell into the yard. I figure that's exactly what I bought
her...

Not to worry, I found a girly chainsaw for you. ABPW.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/7/2013 6:46 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
[...]

You should paint it pink and while the paint is still wet sprinkle some
sparkely glitter on it.

No women can resist that! ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

You should paint it pink and while the paint is still wet sprinkle
some sparkely glitter on it.

No women can resist that! ;~)

Ugh! No way buddy. She's no tom-boy and she's not "manly" in any respect,
but she's also nobody's fool. She'd spot that in a heartbeat. Trust me -
that's not a valid approach with my wife - and I'm happy of that.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

In ,
Mike Marlow belched:
Posted some pictures tonight of yesterday's woodworking project. The
URL is:

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/mi...?sort=2&page=1

My woodworking partner is far more attractive than Karl's and
probably works more. Doesn't need trips to the Vet, and cooks for me
after we're done. Well - sometimes. Yesterday it was "I don't feel
like cooking, let's go out to eat...". I have no problem with that
from time to time.

A women that will get her hands dirty, split firewood and help load it tin
the trailer? Damn, she's a keeper
I missed the drawing on that lottery.......I'll trade ya 4 cases of beer, a
bandsaw and Bosch 12" slider for her?

Posted to rec.woodworking

ChairMan wrote:

A women that will get her hands dirty, split firewood and help load
it tin the trailer? Damn, she's a keeper
I missed the drawing on that lottery.......I'll trade ya 4 cases of
beer, a bandsaw and Bosch 12" slider for her?

Damn - that's one hell of an offer. Raise that up by a couple of cases of
beer (good bartering stuff), a new truck, and something else that just
happens to make my life complete, and we can enter the next stage of horse
trading. It's the just happens to make my life complete part that I just
don't think you'll be able to match. You almost had me with the Bosch 12"
though...

--

-Mike-