Posted to rec.woodworking
k k is offline

Default Woodworking Project Books

I teach woodshop to students from 18-80 years of age. I was wondering
if anyone knew of any good books that have small simple projects in
them for beginners. I am looking for new ideas and something that
isn't too hard for people new to woodworking. thanks
Posted to rec.woodworking

The first book listed below seems a good place to start. The others
lean more to weekend-sized projects. Get the title and/or ISBN and
check your local library - my county library system has a broad (but
not always deep) selection of woodworking books - table saws, routers,
scroll saws, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Building-Small..._sim_b_title_3

http://www.amazon.com/Getting-Starte..._sim_b_title_8

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=17377 - uses scrap
wood, so probably all small projects

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Book-Weeke..._sim_b_title_9

http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Easy-Wee..._sim_b_title_1

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Guide..._sim_b_title_2

John

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 09:42:12 -0800 (PST), k
wrote:

I teach woodshop to students from 18-80 years of age. I was wondering
if anyone knew of any good books that have small simple projects in
them for beginners. I am looking for new ideas and something that
isn't too hard for people new to woodworking. thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

Popular Woodworking put this one out recently:

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/icandothat

Lee

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sometime ago, somebody posted a nice series on "pointy sticks", with
history, plans, &tc. A pointy stick should be on every beginner's
list.

-T.E. Stosterone

wrote:

I teach woodshop to students from 18-80 years of age. I was wondering
if anyone knew of any good books that have small simple projects in
them for beginners. I am looking for new ideas and something that
isn't too hard for people new to woodworking. thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

"k" wrote in message
I teach woodshop to students from 18-80 years of age. I was wondering
if anyone knew of any good books that have small simple projects in
them for beginners. I am looking for new ideas and something that
isn't too hard for people new to woodworking. thanks

Review Dave Barry's "How to Make a Board" :

http://teachers.net/mentors/humor/to....15.06.04.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

I teach woodshop to students from 18-80 years of age. I was wondering
if anyone knew of any good books that have small simple projects in
them for beginners. I am looking for new ideas and something that
isn't too hard for people new to woodworking. thanks

stool, step stool, shelf, birdfeeder, jewelry box, bread slicer,
kitchen spoon, salad serving spoon/fork, tray, cutting board, picture
frame, letter opener, egg cup, rolling pin

When I taught computer science K-4 grades I wrote my own lesson plans
based on what I had available, time limitations, and practicality.
After looking through many project books I became totally disgusted
with these publications. I taught the binary system, spreadsheets,
CPU fabrication, keyboarding, digital photography, networking and
building a webpage. Some (smart) 4th graders learned a little
programming too. Be creative.