Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Stopping in to say Hello to some old and dear friends.

Well - for some of you "old timers" the name "Jummywood" may still hold an ounce of respect. I haven't been around the wreck in well over a decade. After the divorce, I was forced to sell out the shop of all the heavy iron and moved to Las Vegas. Life's been good - very good as a matter of fact. I ran across some old Polaroids of a lot of my old projects and fondly recalled the advice I received when I purchased by first biscuit cutter and Kreg jig. I learned that buying the best router bits possible was the only way to go and how to properly clean and polish the top of my table saw. I pray this group is still going strong and that everyone still has most all of their fingers.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/24/2013 9:10 AM, Jimmy McNamara wrote:
Well - for some of you "old timers" the name "Jummywood" may still hold an ounce of respect. I haven't been around the wreck in well over a decade. After the divorce, I was forced to sell out the shop of all the heavy iron and moved to Las Vegas. Life's been good - very good as a matter of fact. I ran across some old Polaroids of a lot of my old projects and fondly recalled the advice I received when I purchased by first biscuit cutter and Kreg jig. I learned that buying the best router bits possible was the only way to go and how to properly clean and polish the top of my table saw. I pray this group is still going strong and that everyone still has most all of their fingers.

Good to see you back around. You still playing music?

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

Jimmy McNamara wrote:
Well - for some of you "old timers" the name "Jummywood" may still hold
an ounce of respect. I haven't been around the wreck in well over a
decade. After the divorce, I was forced to sell out the shop of all the
heavy iron and moved to Las Vegas. Life's been good - very good as a
matter of fact. I ran across some old Polaroids of a lot of my old
projects and fondly recalled the advice I received when I purchased by
first biscuit cutter and Kreg jig. I learned that buying the best router
bits possible was the only way to go and how to properly clean and polish
the top of my table saw. I pray this group is still going strong and
that everyone still has most all of their fingers.

Hey Jim!

Good to hear from you. Yeah, I still have all 9 1/2 of my upper digits.
And damn, has it already been 10 years?

What are Polaroids? :-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:14:13 AM UTC-7, Swingman wrote:
[...]

LOL! I shut down the band on the Vegas Strip about 4 years ago, Karl. 3-1/2 years on the Las Vegas Strip was more than enough. We had the time of our lives opening for Reba, Dwight Yoakum, along with Big and Rich. John Rich came out and wanted to "jam" a little while. An hour and a half later, his bar tab was over $1,500 so he decided to toss down the plastic and head for his bus. LOL! I've been an ordained minister for 5 years ~ pastor a ministry at an assisted living center, and actually perform weddings for a living. I know - you're all on the floor lying in sawdust at THAT statement! LOL!
www.jimmymacvegas.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:19:44 AM UTC-7, Leon wrote:
Jimmy McNamara wrote:

Well - for some of you "old timers" the name "Jummywood" may still hold

an ounce of respect. I haven't been around the wreck in well over a

decade. After the divorce, I was forced to sell out the shop of all the

heavy iron and moved to Las Vegas. Life's been good - very good as a

matter of fact. I ran across some old Polaroids of a lot of my old

projects and fondly recalled the advice I received when I purchased by

first biscuit cutter and Kreg jig. I learned that buying the best router

bits possible was the only way to go and how to properly clean and polish

the top of my table saw. I pray this group is still going strong and

that everyone still has most all of their fingers.

Hey Jim!

Good to hear from you. Yeah, I still have all 9 1/2 of my upper digits.

And damn, has it already been 10 years?

What are Polaroids? :-)

That's what people in Minnesota get when they stay outside too long in the winter Leon! LOL! I've actually been out here for 12 - caught up with my old bloke Phil Laird on Facebook and stay in touch with him a bit. Thought I'd drop by and pour a cup of coffee and jog some "jummywood" memories. He referred to me as Minwax Mac and I almost spewed! LOL!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jimmy McNamara wrote:
[...]

Variety is the spice of life! Certainly you are living a rewarding life
now.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Jimmy McNamara wrote:

[...]

Phil Laird, now that is a name I have not heard in a long them. Good to
hear from you Jim.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/24/2013 7:10 AM, Jimmy McNamara wrote:
Well - for some of you "old timers" the name "Jummywood" may still hold an ounce of respect. I haven't been around the wreck in well over a decade. After the divorce, I was forced to sell out the shop of all the heavy iron and moved to Las Vegas. Life's been good - very good as a matter of fact. I ran across some old Polaroids of a lot of my old projects and fondly recalled the advice I received when I purchased by first biscuit cutter and Kreg jig. I learned that buying the best router bits possible was the only way to go and how to properly clean and polish the top of my table saw. I pray this group is still going strong and that everyone still has most all of their fingers.

Wow...Welcome back.

It has been quite a while since we even saw your
name or Phil Laird's. Glad you are doing well.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:39:34 AM UTC-7, Pat Barber wrote:
On 9/24/2013 7:10 AM, Jimmy McNamara wrote:

Well - for some of you "old timers" the name "Jummywood" may still hold an ounce of respect. I haven't been around the wreck in well over a decade. After the divorce, I was forced to sell out the shop of all the heavy iron and moved to Las Vegas. Life's been good - very good as a matter of fact. I ran across some old Polaroids of a lot of my old projects and fondly recalled the advice I received when I purchased by first biscuit cutter and Kreg jig. I learned that buying the best router bits possible was the only way to go and how to properly clean and polish the top of my table saw. I pray this group is still going strong and that everyone still has most all of their fingers.

Wow...Welcome back.

It has been quite a while since we even saw your

name or Phil Laird's. Glad you are doing well.

Thanks Pat. Miss the woodworking - but miss the guys who helped me perfect the craft equally as much.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Jimmy McNamara wrote:
Well - for some of you "old timers" the name "Jummywood" may still hold an ounce of respect. I haven't been around the wreck in well over a decade. After the divorce, I was forced to sell out the shop of all the heavy iron and moved to Las Vegas. Life's been good - very good as a matter of fact. I ran across some old Polaroids of a lot of my old projects and fondly recalled the advice I received when I purchased by first biscuit cutter and Kreg jig. I learned that buying the best router bits possible was the only way to go and how to properly clean and polish the top of my table saw. I pray this group is still going strong and that everyone still has most all of their fingers.

Good to hear from you. I stole your idea for the step-stool but I
haven't got around to putting the handle on it yet. Things move slow
down here in Georgia.

--
 GW Ross

 I didn't fight my way to the top of
 the food chain to be a vegetarian.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:31:38 AM UTC-7, G. Ross wrote:
Jimmy McNamara wrote:

[...]

LOL! Take yer time but just remember: without the handle . . . it's just a stool sample!
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jimmy McNamara" wrote:

Well - for some of you "old timers" the name "Jummywood" may still
hold an ounce of respect. I haven't been around the wreck in well
over a decade. After the divorce, I was forced to sell out the shop
of all the heavy iron and moved to Las Vegas. Life's been good - very
good as a matter of fact. I ran across some old Polaroids of a lot of
my old projects and fondly recalled the advice I received when I
purchased by first biscuit cutter and Kreg jig. I learned that buying
the best router bits possible was the only way to go and how to
properly clean and polish the top of my table saw. I pray this group
is still going strong and that everyone still has most all of their
fingers.
"Hello" stranger.

Long time no see.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jimmy McNamara wrote:

LOL! Take yer time but just remember: without the handle . . . it's
just a stool sample!
Like the ome on abpw?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 9:10:25 AM UTC-5, Jimmy McNamara wrote:
Well - for some of you "old timers" the name "Jummywood" may still hold an ounce of respect. I haven't been around the wreck in well over a decade.

Hi Jim. Nice to meet you. I don't think I've been around long enough to have met you, previously. Welcome back. Looking forward to your advice and wisdom. .... and, judging from yours and Lew's exchange, tall tales and/or humor?

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 9:18:21 AM UTC-7, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Jimmy McNamara" wrote:

Well - for some of you "old timers" the name "Jummywood" may still

hold an ounce of respect. I haven't been around the wreck in well

over a decade. After the divorce, I was forced to sell out the shop

of all the heavy iron and moved to Las Vegas. Life's been good - very

good as a matter of fact. I ran across some old Polaroids of a lot of

my old projects and fondly recalled the advice I received when I

purchased by first biscuit cutter and Kreg jig. I learned that buying

the best router bits possible was the only way to go and how to

properly clean and polish the top of my table saw. I pray this group

is still going strong and that everyone still has most all of their

fingers.

"Hello" stranger.

Long time no see.

Lew

Hi Lew - been a while. Life is good! Keep makin' sawdust!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:53:28 PM UTC-7, Sonny wrote:
On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 9:10:25 AM UTC-5, Jimmy McNamara wrote:

Well - for some of you "old timers" the name "Jummywood" may still hold an ounce of respect. I haven't been around the wreck in well over a decade.

Hi Jim. Nice to meet you. I don't think I've been around long enough to have met you, previously. Welcome back. Looking forward to your advice and wisdom. .... and, judging from yours and Lew's exchange, tall tales and/or humor?

Sonny

LOL! Nothing much to share anymore, Sonny. Been out of it for a decade but still get a tingle when I hear a table saw or router crank up!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/24/2013 7:10 AM, Jimmy McNamara wrote:
Well - for some of you "old timers" the name "Jummywood" may still hold an ounce of respect. I haven't been around the wreck in well over a decade. After the divorce, I was forced to sell out the shop of all the heavy iron and moved to Las Vegas. Life's been good - very good as a matter of fact. I ran across some old Polaroids of a lot of my old projects and fondly recalled the advice I received when I purchased by first biscuit cutter and Kreg jig. I learned that buying the best router bits possible was the only way to go and how to properly clean and polish the top of my table saw. I pray this group is still going strong and that everyone still has most all of their fingers.

Hey Jummy,
Stumbled across your other post before this one. Still here, still have
my 12 talented fingers, still have bizarre notions, but keep out of gun
threads. I gave most of the shop to my youngest daughter but kept some
of the ancient stuff. Downsized and moved to Carlsbad, CA where a
winter storm does not leave a 6 foot snowplow berm to shovel through.
Good to hear your voice Jummy.
mahalo,
jo4hn

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Jimmy McNamara wrote:

Well - for some of you "old timers" the name "Jummywood" may still hold an
ounce of respect. I haven't been around the wreck in well over a decade.
After the divorce, I was forced to sell out the shop of all the heavy iron
and moved to Las Vegas. Life's been good - very good as a matter of fact. I
ran across some old Polaroids of a lot of my old projects and fondly recalled
the advice I received when I purchased by first biscuit cutter and Kreg jig.
I learned that buying the best router bits possible was the only way to go
and how to properly clean and polish the top of my table saw. I pray this
group is still going strong and that everyone still has most all of their
fingers.

Hey, Jim. Good to see your name again.

--
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to
read. - Groucho Marx