Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Help with router setup

I got my new rail and stile bits out this weekend and put them on my ryobi router table and started playing with them. The bits seem to sit too high, I cant get the right profile on my 3/4 inch thick wood. On the stiles the ogee pattern is past the middle of the tickness of the wood. And becasue of this there is no groove put on the wood.

My router is a ryobi r 181FB1. It has been in storage for awhile. I had cleaned everythign up but I cant seem to make any adjustment for the bit to go down. There is a locking ring I loosened, the adjustment ring just moves a little before it stops. But this movement does not seem to be doing anything to the hight of the bit.

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong?

I appreciate it!

Has anyone here made a "Pin Router" setup? woodstuff[_2_] Woodworking 35 August 31st 10 02:43 PM
Car Battery wiring & setup. Mobile/Setup/Coolbox john UK diy 3 August 7th 05 07:13 PM
Router Table setup.. Sam Berlyn Woodworking 7 November 29th 04 05:57 AM
router table setup Lewis Woodworking 6 November 25th 04 05:02 PM
If you had $400 and needed a router/lift setup.... Subw00er Woodworking 10 January 5th 04 02:40 AM