Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Keyhole hangers

Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.
http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=28690
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled
over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this
learned group. Does anybody know who else may have these hangers in
smaller quantities. Other type of keyhole hanger will not do. Thanks
in advance.

Vic
Posted to rec.woodworking

Victor H. wrote:
Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.
http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=28690
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled
over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this
learned group. Does anybody know who else may have these hangers in
smaller quantities. Other type of keyhole hanger will not do. Thanks
in advance.

No idea, but couldn't you make your own.

In any quantity you need?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:22:13 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Victor H. wrote:
Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.
http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=28690
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled
over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this
learned group. Does anybody know who else may have these hangers in
smaller quantities. Other type of keyhole hanger will not do. Thanks
in advance.

No idea, but couldn't you make your own.

In any quantity you need?

No, These are plastic that you would epoxy and press into a
pre-drilled.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Victor H. wrote:
Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.
http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=28690
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having
goggled over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning
to this learned group. Does anybody know who else may have these
hangers in smaller quantities. Other type of keyhole hanger will
not do. Thanks in advance.

No idea, but couldn't you make your own.

In any quantity you need?

No, These are plastic that you would epoxy and press into a
pre-drilled.

I didn't see any in a very quick google search, but then, I did not search
very hard either. Why couldn't you just epoxy the standard metal keyhole in
place?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 30, 11:13*am, Victor H. wrote:
Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...fo&products_id...
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled
over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this
learned *group. *Does anybody know who else may have these hangers in
smaller quantities. *Other type of keyhole hanger will not do. *Thanks
in advance.

Vic

Try this site and click on the Mini-Hanger in the center of the top
row:

http://www.fastenerunlimited.com/product.htm

That's not your exact item, but they are round and require only a
drill and a few bits to install them.

Of course, if you are trying to avoid the use of any metal, then the
Department of Homeland Security might want to have a chat with you. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Victor H. wrote:
Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.
http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=28690
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having
goggled over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning
to this learned group. Does anybody know who else may have these
hangers in smaller quantities. Other type of keyhole hanger will
not do. Thanks in advance.

No idea, but couldn't you make your own.

In any quantity you need?

No, These are plastic that you would epoxy and press into a
pre-drilled.

I didn't see any in a very quick google search, but then, I did not search
very hard either. Why couldn't you just epoxy the standard metal keyhole in
place?

I want this keyhole hanger for an oval oak mirror frame which is
1 1/2" wide. All the metal hangers that I've seen have screw holes
above and below the keyhole slot and are too long. Please send me the
link for the hangers you think I may use.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Victor H. wrote:

I want this keyhole hanger for an oval oak mirror frame which is
1 1/2" wide. All the metal hangers that I've seen have screw holes
above and below the keyhole slot and are too long. Please send me the
link for the hangers you think I may use.

Look at the post from DerbyDad03

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Victor H. wrote:

I want this keyhole hanger for an oval oak mirror frame which is
1 1/2" wide. All the metal hangers that I've seen have screw holes
above and below the keyhole slot and are too long. Please send me the
link for the hangers you think I may use.

You could hang it on a French cleat, even 1/4 ply should suffice. Never
gets out of level either, assuming you fasten the cleats horizontal. Or
make them pivotable.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to rec.woodworking

Victor H. wrote in news8oig8lfd0dgo0goes4cm2nl91sossmgd3@
4ax.com:

I want this keyhole hanger for an oval oak mirror frame which is
1 1/2" wide. All the metal hangers that I've seen have screw holes
above and below the keyhole slot and are too long. Please send me the
link for the hangers you think I may use.

Is there some reason you can't use a keyhole router bit to make your own keyhole(s) in the
wood?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Victor H. writes:

I want this keyhole hanger for an oval oak mirror frame which is
1 1/2" wide. All the metal hangers that I've seen have screw holes
above and below the keyhole slot and are too long. Please send me the
link for the hangers you think I may use.

I'd suggest getting a keyhole router bit if you have a router.

scott

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/30/2013 10:13 AM, Victor H. wrote:
Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.
http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=28690
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled
over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this
learned group. Does anybody know who else may have these hangers in
smaller quantities. Other type of keyhole hanger will not do. Thanks
in advance.

Vic

There is a key hole slot cutter router bit. Cheaper and many more uses
assuming you have not yet drilled the hole.

Plunge the bit and slide the router the distance desired.

http://www.woodcraft.com/category/20...uter-bits.aspx
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 30, 1:42*pm, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:
Victor H. wrote:

I want this keyhole hanger for an oval oak mirror frame which is
1 1/2" wide. All the metal hangers that I've seen have screw holes
above and below the keyhole slot and are too long. Please send me the
link for the hangers you think I may use.

Look at the post from DerbyDad03

--

-Mike-

Now that we have some more information, it may turn out that the ones
I suggested might be a little too big. They require a 1.25" hole and
his frame is only 1.5" wide. That doesn't leave a lot of wood around
the hole.

The ones that Vic linked to are only 1.06" in diameter, leaving a bit
more room around it.

I'm thinking the keyhole router bit might be the best suggestion.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 30, 2:49*pm, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 1/30/2013 10:13 AM, Victor H. wrote:

Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.
http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...fo&products_id....
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled
over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this
learned *group. *Does anybody know who else may have these hangers in
smaller quantities. *Other type of keyhole hanger will not do. *Thanks
in advance.

Vic

There is a key hole slot cutter router bit. *Cheaper and many more uses
assuming you have not yet drilled the hole.

And assuming he has a plunge router. ;-)

Plunge the bit and slide the router the distance desired.

http://www.woodcraft.com/category/20...uter-bits.aspx

Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:

I'm thinking the keyhole router bit might be the best suggestion.

Once I was awakened by the other posts recommending the router bit I fell
right into lockstep with that idea, myself.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/30/2013 2:16 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 30, 2:49 pm, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 1/30/2013 10:13 AM, Victor H. wrote:

Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.
http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...fo&products_id...
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled
over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this
learned group. Does anybody know who else may have these hangers in
smaller quantities. Other type of keyhole hanger will not do. Thanks
in advance.

Vic

There is a key hole slot cutter router bit. Cheaper and many more uses
assuming you have not yet drilled the hole.

And assuming he has a plunge router. ;-)

Plunge the bit and slide the router the distance desired.

http://www.woodcraft.com/category/20...uter-bits.aspx

Well actually I used mine before I was aware plunge routers existed,
early 80's. 0~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:

And assuming he has a plunge router. ;-)

Plunge the bit and slide the router the distance desired.

Yeahbut it's easily enough done with a fixed base router or a table.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 30, 4:08*pm, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

And assuming he has a plunge router. *;-)

Plunge the bit and slide the router the distance desired.

Yeahbut it's easily enough done with a fixed base router or a table.

--

-Mike-

And assuming he has a router. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 30, 4:08 pm, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

And assuming he has a plunge router. ;-)

Plunge the bit and slide the router the distance desired.

Yeahbut it's easily enough done with a fixed base router or a table.

--

-Mike-

I knew that...I was just joking. I'll rephrase my comment:

And assuming he has a router. ;-)

Whoosh! Went right over my head!

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/30/2013 3:19 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 30, 4:08 pm, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

And assuming he has a plunge router. ;-)

Plunge the bit and slide the router the distance desired.

Yeahbut it's easily enough done with a fixed base router or a table.

--

-Mike-

I knew that...I was just joking. I'll rephrase my comment:

And assuming he has a router. ;-)

Ok, I wound a string around the key hole bit, gave the string a yank as
I threw the bit at the project to cut the hole before I had a router, in
the olden days. LOL
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
DerbyDad03 wrote:
There is a key hole slot cutter router bit. *Cheaper and many more uses
assuming you have not yet drilled the hole.

And assuming he has a plunge router. ;-)

Not too hard to use in a fixed-base router with some guides and a littlei
practice if necessary.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/30/2013 11:13 AM, Victor H. wrote:
Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.
http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=28690
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled
over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this
learned group. Does anybody know who else may have these hangers in
smaller quantities. Other type of keyhole hanger will not do. Thanks
in advance.

Vic

So Vic,

making your keyholes in wood is not very hard. Make a template to
quickly line it up and plunge, move and shut.

not hard, if you had a lot to do a pedal for power and self aligning jig
would be perfect and fast.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/30/2013 11:13 AM, Victor H. wrote:
Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.
http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=28690
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled
over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this
learned group. Does anybody know who else may have these hangers in
smaller quantities. Other type of keyhole hanger will not do. Thanks
in advance.

Vic

I can't really see why 'other type of keyhole hanger will not do'. If it
fits flush into a drilled hole what else do you need of it? This one is
25mm and available in small quantities. You will have to work harder to get
them since the supplier is in Wales but with ebay many things are possible:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-KEYHOLE-...-/310290976144

Keyhole cover? Lieutenant Scott UK diy 5 January 5th 12 11:09 AM
Acetone in keyhole? Justin[_4_] Home Repair 25 August 2nd 09 02:53 AM
Acetone in keyhole? [email protected] Home Repair 1 June 2nd 09 01:56 PM
Acetone in keyhole? Justin[_4_] Home Repair 0 June 2nd 09 11:59 AM
Spinning Keyhole in Doorknob Fleemo Home Repair 7 December 7th 08 04:11 AM