DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Keyhole hangers (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/352461-keyhole-hangers.html)

Victor H. January 30th 13 04:13 PM

Keyhole hangers

Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.
http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=28690
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled
over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this
learned group. Does anybody know who else may have these hangers in
smaller quantities. Other type of keyhole hanger will not do. Thanks
in advance.

Vic

HeyBub[_3_] January 30th 13 04:22 PM

Keyhole hangers

Victor H. wrote:
Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.
http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=28690
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled
over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this
learned group. Does anybody know who else may have these hangers in
smaller quantities. Other type of keyhole hanger will not do. Thanks
in advance.

No idea, but couldn't you make your own.

In any quantity you need?

Victor H. January 30th 13 05:22 PM

Keyhole hangers

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:22:13 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Victor H. wrote:
Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.
http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=28690
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled
over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this
learned group. Does anybody know who else may have these hangers in
smaller quantities. Other type of keyhole hanger will not do. Thanks
in advance.

No idea, but couldn't you make your own.

In any quantity you need?

No, These are plastic that you would epoxy and press into a
pre-drilled.

Mike Marlow[_2_] January 30th 13 05:47 PM

Keyhole hangers

wrote:

Victor H. wrote:
Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.
http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=28690
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having
goggled over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning
to this learned group. Does anybody know who else may have these
hangers in smaller quantities. Other type of keyhole hanger will
not do. Thanks in advance.

No idea, but couldn't you make your own.

In any quantity you need?

No, These are plastic that you would epoxy and press into a
pre-drilled.

I didn't see any in a very quick google search, but then, I did not search
very hard either. Why couldn't you just epoxy the standard metal keyhole in
place?

--

-Mike-

DerbyDad03 January 30th 13 06:10 PM

Keyhole hangers

On Jan 30, 11:13*am, Victor H. wrote:
Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...fo&products_id...
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled
over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this
learned *group. *Does anybody know who else may have these hangers in
smaller quantities. *Other type of keyhole hanger will not do. *Thanks
in advance.

Vic

Try this site and click on the Mini-Hanger in the center of the top
row:

http://www.fastenerunlimited.com/product.htm

That's not your exact item, but they are round and require only a
drill and a few bits to install them.

Of course, if you are trying to avoid the use of any metal, then the
Department of Homeland Security might want to have a chat with you. ;-)

Victor H. January 30th 13 06:12 PM

Keyhole hangers

wrote:

Victor H. wrote:
Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.
http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=28690
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having
goggled over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning
to this learned group. Does anybody know who else may have these
hangers in smaller quantities. Other type of keyhole hanger will
not do. Thanks in advance.

No idea, but couldn't you make your own.

In any quantity you need?

No, These are plastic that you would epoxy and press into a
pre-drilled.

I didn't see any in a very quick google search, but then, I did not search
very hard either. Why couldn't you just epoxy the standard metal keyhole in
place?

I want this keyhole hanger for an oval oak mirror frame which is
1 1/2" wide. All the metal hangers that I've seen have screw holes
above and below the keyhole slot and are too long. Please send me the
link for the hangers you think I may use.

Mike Marlow[_2_] January 30th 13 06:42 PM

Keyhole hangers

Victor H. wrote:

I want this keyhole hanger for an oval oak mirror frame which is
1 1/2" wide. All the metal hangers that I've seen have screw holes
above and below the keyhole slot and are too long. Please send me the
link for the hangers you think I may use.

Look at the post from DerbyDad03

--

-Mike-

dadiOH[_3_] January 30th 13 06:59 PM

Keyhole hangers

Victor H. wrote:

I want this keyhole hanger for an oval oak mirror frame which is
1 1/2" wide. All the metal hangers that I've seen have screw holes
above and below the keyhole slot and are too long. Please send me the
link for the hangers you think I may use.

You could hang it on a French cleat, even 1/4 ply should suffice. Never
gets out of level either, assuming you fasten the cleats horizontal. Or
make them pivotable.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Doug Miller[_4_] January 30th 13 07:26 PM

Keyhole hangers

Victor H. wrote in news:p8oig8lfd0dgo0goes4cm2nl91sossmgd3@
4ax.com:

I want this keyhole hanger for an oval oak mirror frame which is
1 1/2" wide. All the metal hangers that I've seen have screw holes
above and below the keyhole slot and are too long. Please send me the
link for the hangers you think I may use.

Is there some reason you can't use a keyhole router bit to make your own keyhole(s) in the
wood?

Scott Lurndal January 30th 13 07:39 PM

Keyhole hangers

Victor H. writes:

I want this keyhole hanger for an oval oak mirror frame which is
1 1/2" wide. All the metal hangers that I've seen have screw holes
above and below the keyhole slot and are too long. Please send me the
link for the hangers you think I may use.

I'd suggest getting a keyhole router bit if you have a router.

scott

Leon[_7_] January 30th 13 07:49 PM

Keyhole hangers

On 1/30/2013 10:13 AM, Victor H. wrote:
Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.
http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=28690
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled
over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this
learned group. Does anybody know who else may have these hangers in
smaller quantities. Other type of keyhole hanger will not do. Thanks
in advance.

Vic

There is a key hole slot cutter router bit. Cheaper and many more uses
assuming you have not yet drilled the hole.

Plunge the bit and slide the router the distance desired.

http://www.woodcraft.com/category/20...uter-bits.aspx

DerbyDad03 January 30th 13 08:13 PM

Keyhole hangers

On Jan 30, 1:42*pm, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:
Victor H. wrote:

I want this keyhole hanger for an oval oak mirror frame which is
1 1/2" wide. All the metal hangers that I've seen have screw holes
above and below the keyhole slot and are too long. Please send me the
link for the hangers you think I may use.

Look at the post from DerbyDad03

--

-Mike-

Now that we have some more information, it may turn out that the ones
I suggested might be a little too big. They require a 1.25" hole and
his frame is only 1.5" wide. That doesn't leave a lot of wood around
the hole.

The ones that Vic linked to are only 1.06" in diameter, leaving a bit
more room around it.

I'm thinking the keyhole router bit might be the best suggestion.

DerbyDad03 January 30th 13 08:16 PM

Keyhole hangers

On Jan 30, 2:49*pm, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 1/30/2013 10:13 AM, Victor H. wrote:

Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.
http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...fo&products_id....
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled
over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this
learned *group. *Does anybody know who else may have these hangers in
smaller quantities. *Other type of keyhole hanger will not do. *Thanks
in advance.

Vic

There is a key hole slot cutter router bit. *Cheaper and many more uses
assuming you have not yet drilled the hole.

And assuming he has a plunge router. ;-)

Mike Marlow[_2_] January 30th 13 08:22 PM

Keyhole hangers

DerbyDad03 wrote:

I'm thinking the keyhole router bit might be the best suggestion.

Once I was awakened by the other posts recommending the router bit I fell
right into lockstep with that idea, myself.

--

-Mike-

Leon[_7_] January 30th 13 08:36 PM

Keyhole hangers

On 1/30/2013 2:16 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 30, 2:49 pm, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 1/30/2013 10:13 AM, Victor H. wrote:

Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.
http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...fo&products_id...
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled
over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this
learned group. Does anybody know who else may have these hangers in
smaller quantities. Other type of keyhole hanger will not do. Thanks
in advance.

Vic

There is a key hole slot cutter router bit. Cheaper and many more uses
assuming you have not yet drilled the hole.

And assuming he has a plunge router. ;-)

Plunge the bit and slide the router the distance desired.

http://www.woodcraft.com/category/20...uter-bits.aspx

Well actually I used mine before I was aware plunge routers existed,
early 80's. 0~)

Mike Marlow[_2_] January 30th 13 09:08 PM

Keyhole hangers

DerbyDad03 wrote:

And assuming he has a plunge router. ;-)

Plunge the bit and slide the router the distance desired.

Yeahbut it's easily enough done with a fixed base router or a table.

--

-Mike-

DerbyDad03 January 30th 13 09:19 PM

Keyhole hangers

On Jan 30, 4:08*pm, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

And assuming he has a plunge router. *;-)

Plunge the bit and slide the router the distance desired.

Yeahbut it's easily enough done with a fixed base router or a table.

--

-Mike-

And assuming he has a router. ;-)

Mike Marlow[_2_] January 30th 13 09:31 PM

Keyhole hangers

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 30, 4:08 pm, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

And assuming he has a plunge router. ;-)

Plunge the bit and slide the router the distance desired.

Yeahbut it's easily enough done with a fixed base router or a table.

--

-Mike-

I knew that...I was just joking. I'll rephrase my comment:

And assuming he has a router. ;-)

Whoosh! Went right over my head!

--

-Mike-

Leon[_7_] January 30th 13 10:59 PM

Keyhole hangers

On 1/30/2013 3:19 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 30, 4:08 pm, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

And assuming he has a plunge router. ;-)

Plunge the bit and slide the router the distance desired.

Yeahbut it's easily enough done with a fixed base router or a table.

--

-Mike-

I knew that...I was just joking. I'll rephrase my comment:

And assuming he has a router. ;-)

Ok, I wound a string around the key hole bit, gave the string a yank as
I threw the bit at the project to cut the hole before I had a router, in
the olden days. LOL

Larry W January 30th 13 11:39 PM

Keyhole hangers

In article ,
DerbyDad03 wrote:
There is a key hole slot cutter router bit. *Cheaper and many more uses
assuming you have not yet drilled the hole.

And assuming he has a plunge router. ;-)

Not too hard to use in a fixed-base router with some guides and a littlei
practice if necessary.

woodchucker[_3_] January 31st 13 12:57 AM

Keyhole hangers

On 1/30/2013 11:13 AM, Victor H. wrote:
Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.
http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=28690
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled
over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this
learned group. Does anybody know who else may have these hangers in
smaller quantities. Other type of keyhole hanger will not do. Thanks
in advance.

Vic

So Vic,

making your keyholes in wood is not very hard. Make a template to
quickly line it up and plunge, move and shut.

not hard, if you had a lot to do a pedal for power and self aligning jig
would be perfect and fast.

--
Jeff

John McGaw February 2nd 13 01:27 AM

Keyhole hangers

On 1/30/2013 11:13 AM, Victor H. wrote:
Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.
http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=28690
Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled
over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this
learned group. Does anybody know who else may have these hangers in
smaller quantities. Other type of keyhole hanger will not do. Thanks
in advance.

Vic

I can't really see why 'other type of keyhole hanger will not do'. If it
fits flush into a drilled hole what else do you need of it? This one is
25mm and available in small quantities. You will have to work harder to get
them since the supplier is in Wales but with ebay many things are possible:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-KEYHOLE-...-/310290976144