Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping Robotoy

Hey buddy, haven't seen any messages from you lately.
You still with us?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping Robotoy - wRec'er's - please read and react

On 11/28/2012 7:04 AM, Dave wrote:

Hey buddy, haven't seen any messages from you lately.
You still with us?

As some of you are aware, Robatoy is valiantly battling a serious
illness and was hospitalized, hopefully temporarily, yesterday:

quote
.... (For those family and friends from afar that are wanting to send a
card, if you go the hospital's website ...

www.bluewaterhealth.ca

.... on the left hand side there is a link 'send an e-card to a patient'.
You fill in the info and volunteer services print off the actual card
with your personalized message and hand-deliver it. Info needed is
department:

MedT, Room # N.4.048). Our love & blessings to you all. Xo

/quote

I'm sure Rob (Sekeris) would be tickled like to hear from us here on the
wRec.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
:

[...]

I used that and got a message from Angela that my ecard had gotten there.
I did have trouble with the sending, but that could have been on my end.

Rob has indeed a very serious disease, and it is a miracle how he has
been battling it. I'm not religious, but he and his wife are and are
praising the Lord and the prayers of their friends for what Rob has
achieved. If you are the praying kind, please pray for Rob and Angela.
If not, do think of them ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:47:08 AM UTC-6, Swingman wrote:
As some of you are aware, Robatoy is valiantly battling a serious illness....

Thanks Karl. I didn't know.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/28/2012 10:17 AM, Han wrote:
I'm not religious, but he and his wife are and are
praising the Lord and the prayers of their friends for what Rob has
achieved. If you are the praying kind, please pray for Rob and Angela.
If not, do think of them ...

Nor am I, but, at the risk of being smitten deaf and dumb for hypocrisy
by any powers that be, I'm doing both.

They are both such great folks ... and Angela is so strong and
beautiful, both inside and outside, that it just makes you ache to think
of their current situation, particularly with a young daughter just
starting college.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
http://gplus.to/eWoodShop
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 11/28/2012 9:47 AM, Swingman wrote:

As some of you are aware, Robatoy is valiantly battling a serious
illness and was hospitalized, hopefully temporarily, yesterday:

I'm sure Rob (Sekeris) would be tickled like to hear from us here on the
wRec.

Done and thanks for the heads-up, Karl...

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
:

On 11/28/2012 10:17 AM, Han wrote:
I'm not religious, but he and his wife are and are
praising the Lord and the prayers of their friends for what Rob has
achieved. If you are the praying kind, please pray for Rob and
Angela. If not, do think of them ...

Nor am I, but, at the risk of being smitten deaf and dumb for
hypocrisy by any powers that be, I'm doing both.

They are both such great folks ... and Angela is so strong and
beautiful, both inside and outside, that it just makes you ache to
think of their current situation, particularly with a young daughter
just starting college.

Amen. Did you see the picture with Rob looking up at the sky with
daughter embracing him? That was so precious ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Swingman
wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the update and info, Karl.

--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because itıs the one thing I can think of that probably doesnıt. *
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/28/2012 10:47 AM, Swingman wrote:
[...]

eCard has been sent.

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 09:47:08 -0600, Swingman wrote:

snip

www.bluewaterhealth.ca

... on the left hand side there is a link 'send an e-card to a patient'.
You fill in the info and volunteer services print off the actual card
with your personalized message and hand-deliver it. Info needed is
department:

MedT, Room # N.4.048). Our love & blessings to you all. Xo

/quote

I'm sure Rob (Sekeris) would be tickled like to hear from us here on the
wRec.

Thanks Karl. Card sent.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/28/2012 10:53 AM, Han wrote:

Amen. Did you see the picture with Rob looking up at the sky with
daughter embracing him? That was so precious ...

Yep ... under the best of circumstances it would have made me glad my
iPad is moisture proof.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
http://gplus.to/eWoodShop
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 28, 10:47*am, Swingman wrote:
[...]

I'm an infrequent poster here, and I don't know Rob, but I agree. I
had a scary and protracted medical adventure of my own a couple of
years ago and I can tell you that every single bit of encouragement
helped, wherever it came from. Some arrived from people I knew only
through a musicians' online forum . We forget how many other lives we
manage to touch in a lifetime, but in tough times, a lot of them
remind us.

I sent Rob a card too. I'm pretty sure that in his place I'd have
gotten a little cheer from that, even if I didn't recognize the name.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Got this from Rob's wife this morning:

quote

Thanks so much for the e-card today, it meant a lot to Rob. Also, thank
you for sharing the news on the Wreck as he got another 1/2 dozen from
some of the regulars there. He was very tickled that you shared the info
and that they sent the cards. In 2 days he has received 31 e-cards and
it really has lifted his spirits. Thanks again and please thank those in
the wreck for us as well.

/quote

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
http://gplus.to/eWoodShop
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/29/2012 9:19 AM, Swingman wrote:
Got this from Rob's wife this morning:

quote

Thanks so much for the e-card today, it meant a lot to Rob. Also, thank
you for sharing the news on the Wreck as he got another 1/2 dozen from
some of the regulars there. He was very tickled that you shared the info
and that they sent the cards. In 2 days he has received 31 e-cards and
it really has lifted his spirits. Thanks again and please thank those in
the wreck for us as well.

/quote

That's a very clever service for a hospital to provide. It's mostly the
actual treatment that makes us well of course, but the other stuff
really helps.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:32:21 -0500, Greg Guarino
wrote:

On 11/29/2012 9:19 AM, Swingman wrote:
Got this from Rob's wife this morning:

quote

Thanks so much for the e-card today, it meant a lot to Rob. Also, thank
you for sharing the news on the Wreck as he got another 1/2 dozen from
some of the regulars there. He was very tickled that you shared the info
and that they sent the cards. In 2 days he has received 31 e-cards and
it really has lifted his spirits. Thanks again and please thank those in
the wreck for us as well.

/quote

That's a very clever service for a hospital to provide. It's mostly the
actual treatment that makes us well of course, but the other stuff
really helps.

I disagree, Greg. Without the proper attitude, people just don't get
as well or as quickly. Fatalists die a whole lot quicker than
fighters. Ask any cancer doctor. Attitude definitely affects your
odds of survival almost everywhere.

--
All of us want to do well. But if we do not do
good, too, then doing well will never be enough.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

I did say "mostly", and I have more experience in this area than I do at
woodworking; more than I would really have preferred. My outlook tracked
my physical "discomfort" (that's the common euphemism anyway) quite
closely; when I felt terrible my attitude was terrible too. It's hard to
avoid.

Everyone involved with my care was truly extraordinary - the doctors,
the nurses and even the office staff. It was entirely unlike my other
two hospital experiences. They must hire especially personable people
and explicitly allow them to be "inefficient" sometimes; chatting with
the patients and families, walking people to another wing of the
building rather than just giving complicated directions. One young
woman, an intern I think, held my hand during an especially painful
procedure. Two years later, she may just be getting the circulation back
in that hand.

Fatalist? Fighter? Neither one sounds like me. I endured; that's about
the best word for it.

The treatment did its job even when I was having a real hard time. But
the kind attention of a whole lot of people helped me through as well.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Greg Guarino" wrote:

That's a very clever service for a hospital to provide. It's mostly
the
actual treatment that makes us well of course, but the other stuff
really helps.

I survived a couple of weeks in the hospital this spring.

Some of the elementary schools (probably first graders),
in the area used their art class, along with a few crayons
and some craft paper to produce some "cards" for us patients.

Receiving one of those "cards" was the highlight of my day.

Also, a visit from the dogs was also helpful.

One big old boy was so ugly that he was beautiful.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

I did say "mostly",

Oops, rereading your post, I glossed over or discounted the last half
of that sentence. I should have been agreeing with you somewhat more.

and I have more experience in this area than I do at
woodworking; more than I would really have preferred. My outlook tracked
my physical "discomfort" (that's the common euphemism anyway) quite
closely; when I felt terrible my attitude was terrible too. It's hard to
avoid.

Agreed. When you feel bad, dark thoughts come easily.

Everyone involved with my care was truly extraordinary - the doctors,
the nurses and even the office staff. It was entirely unlike my other
two hospital experiences. They must hire especially personable people
and explicitly allow them to be "inefficient" sometimes; chatting with
the patients and families, walking people to another wing of the
building rather than just giving complicated directions. One young

That's great.

woman, an intern I think, held my hand during an especially painful
procedure. Two years later, she may just be getting the circulation back
in that hand.

Gripped it hard, didja? g Sounds like a good hospital crew.

Fatalist? Fighter? Neither one sounds like me. I endured; that's about
the best word for it.

That puts you more into the Fighter category in my books. Kudos.

The treatment did its job even when I was having a real hard time. But
the kind attention of a whole lot of people helped me through as well.

It sure does help. A simple fleeting-but-caring touch on your
forehead when you're sick can make the whole day turn out nicely.

--
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 08:19:04 -0600, Swingman wrote:

Got this from Rob's wife this morning:

quote

Thanks so much for the e-card today, it meant a lot to Rob. Also, thank
you for sharing the news on the Wreck as he got another 1/2 dozen from
some of the regulars there. He was very tickled that you shared the info
and that they sent the cards. In 2 days he has received 31 e-cards and
it really has lifted his spirits. Thanks again and please thank those in
the wreck for us as well.

/quote

I'll be sending him a card as soon as I can find one that's off topic.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 23:10:39 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I sent the "It's a Girl" card. Figured it would not be a duplicate.

Well, then you're going to be POed. I beat you to it. Along with the
"It's a Girl" card, I congratulated him on giving birth.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 02:24:52 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 23:10:39 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I sent the "It's a Girl" card. Figured it would not be a duplicate.

Well, then you're going to be POed. I beat you to it. Along with the
"It's a Girl" card, I congratulated him on giving birth.

Good to know I'm not the only ###hole
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 05:43:50 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Good to know I'm not the only ###hole

I'm betting he gets the biggest laugh out of our two cards.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/28/2012 5:04 AM, Dave wrote:

Hey buddy, haven't seen any messages from you lately.
You still with us?

Thanks for the info. Card sent.
Sometimes life not only will send lemons, but Brussels sprouts.
I hate it when someone I respect has problems like this.

****!

mahalo,
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/29/2012 10:16 PM, Some Guy On The Internet wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 08:19:04 -0600, Swingman wrote:

Got this from Rob's wife this morning:

quote

Thanks so much for the e-card today, it meant a lot to Rob. Also, thank
you for sharing the news on the Wreck as he got another 1/2 dozen from
some of the regulars there. He was very tickled that you shared the info
and that they sent the cards. In 2 days he has received 31 e-cards and
it really has lifted his spirits. Thanks again and please thank those in
the wreck for us as well.

/quote

I'll be sending him a card as soon as I can find one that's off topic.

I sent him the happy fathers day... figured that was close to off topic
I wanted to send him the baby boy, but nahhh.

They need some humourous cards.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/29/12 8:19 AM, Swingman wrote:
Got this from Rob's wife this morning:

quote

Thanks so much for the e-card today, it meant a lot to Rob. Also, thank
you for sharing the news on the Wreck as he got another 1/2 dozen from
some of the regulars there. He was very tickled that you shared the info
and that they sent the cards. In 2 days he has received 31 e-cards and
it really has lifted his spirits. Thanks again and please thank those in
the wreck for us as well.

/quote

NICE. Good work, Karl.
For a bunch of a-holes, we can do some good every now and then. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

From Angela, Rob's wife, on Sunday 2/12:

quote
Please again pass on to those in the Wrec how much the cards they have been
sending have meant to Rob. Each and every one put a smile on his face and a
few even made him chuckle. The outpouring of care has been heartwarming.
Sometimes as individuals we do not realize how something that may be
considered seemingly small can make a significant difference to someone.
You have all made a difference to Rob and for that, I am grateful. Our
blessings to you all.
/unquote

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/3/2012 9:33 AM, Swingman wrote:
From Angela, Rob's wife, on Sunday 2/12:

quote
Please again pass on to those in the Wrec how much the cards they have been
sending have meant to Rob. Each and every one put a smile on his face and a
few even made him chuckle. The outpouring of care has been heartwarming.
Sometimes as individuals we do not realize how something that may be
considered seemingly small can make a significant difference to someone.
You have all made a difference to Rob and for that, I am grateful. Our
blessings to you all.
/unquote

Rob also posted to Facebook earlier today "On my mind is getting out of
this hospital." Hopefully we can infer from that, his spirits are at
least lifting.

--
Froz...

Ping: Toy Larry Jaques[_4_] Woodworking 1 October 27th 11 03:55 AM
Ping Ig Steve B[_10_] Metalworking 1 September 27th 11 05:18 PM
Ping TMH F[_2_] UK diy 2 August 14th 09 03:27 PM
Fly by night PING PING Shopdog Woodworking 6 May 18th 06 04:08 AM
NT PING John Moorhead Woodworking 2 March 22nd 05 02:18 AM