Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping: Larry Jaques - Re plate Joiner

On 10/31/2012 6:29 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
I'm still caught on the "wider in length" bit, myself.
Izzat a metric trick?

Use your imagination and/or zen it (sit still for long period, with arms
folded and pregnant countenance) and it will eventually be revealed to
you ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 01 Nov 2012 10:01:02 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 10/31/2012 6:29 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
I'm still caught on the "wider in length" bit, myself.
Izzat a metric trick?

Use your imagination and/or zen it (sit still for long period, with arms
folded and pregnant countenance) and it will eventually be revealed to
you ...

After due consideration, I have declared it "Just another damned
Texicanism", sir. Thank you for your time.

P.S: My recent loss of 32 pounds (bringing me within 8 pounds of my
svelte swimmer's profile in high school) ensures that nobody will
perceive me as having a pregnant countenance. Can you say the same
thing? (As my face loses fat, I'm getting Dad's old jowls, tho.)
grumble, grumble Aging sucks.

--
The great thing about getting older is that
you don't lose all the other ages you've been.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I have a top handle Bosch and a barrel grip Festool jigsaws. So I
might be able to argue no one in the world has higher end jigsaws than
me. Neither can cut straight. The cut in the wood is not 90 degrees.
Its angled. The blade bends in the wood. Made the mistake of cutting
off the bottom of a door with the Bosch. Not straight in the wood.
Should have, could have used the Festool track saw. Why I didn't, I
don't know. If I could get my money back for both jigsaws, I would.
Sounds like you are trying to force feed the saw.

Try using a Bosch bi-metal blade and let the saw do the work.

Might be surprised at the results you get.

Lew