Posted to rec.woodworking

Default shop progress, part 3

Blocks are laid, now to pour the lentils.
I've got the trusses ordered, but there is a two
week delivery time on them

Picture of the truss design, mine will have plates to attach
perlins every 2 feet.

http://www.woodwrangler.net/newshop.html

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

"basilisk" wrote in message
Blocks are laid, now to pour the lentils.
I've got the trusses ordered, but there is a two
week delivery time on them

Picture of the truss design, mine will have plates to attach
perlins every 2 feet.

http://www.woodwrangler.net/newshop.html

You got a floor and some walls. Hopefully you will get a roof and some
doors on there before the next cycle of torrential rainfall arrives. It
will be nice to work inside when the weather is acting up outside.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 01:11:10 GMT, basilisk
wrote:

Blocks are laid, now to pour the lentils.

Like this? http://tinyurl.com/9dua6ky
Oh, you meant "lintels", dincha?

I've got the trusses ordered, but there is a two
week delivery time on them

Why were't they ordered 2+ weeks ago with a delayed/movable delivery
date? Our local yard builds and stores things for contractors all the
time.

Picture of the truss design, mine will have plates to attach
perlins every 2 feet.

http://www.woodwrangler.net/newshop.html

Purlins for a metal roof, or tile?

--
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 21:58:53 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 01:11:10 GMT, basilisk wrote:

Blocks are laid, now to pour the lentils.

Like this? http://tinyurl.com/9dua6ky Oh, you meant "lintels", dincha?

I've got the trusses ordered, but there is a two week delivery time on
them

Why were't they ordered 2+ weeks ago with a delayed/movable delivery
date? Our local yard builds and stores things for contractors all the
time.

There was only one minor problem with that, cash flow.

Picture of the truss design, mine will have plates to attach perlins
every 2 feet.

http://www.woodwrangler.net/newshop.html

Purlins for a metal roof, or tile?

Metal, couple of nearby shops will roll and cut to exact
lenght, makes for easy work.

Do people put tile roofs on shops in OR?
The only tile used in Al is on Mexican restaurants and
a few $4.5 million McMansions.

basilisk
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 00:22:26 -0400, Lee Michaels wrote:

"basilisk" wrote in message
Blocks are laid, now to pour the lentils. I've got the trusses ordered,
but there is a two week delivery time on them

Picture of the truss design, mine will have plates to attach perlins
every 2 feet.

http://www.woodwrangler.net/newshop.html

You got a floor and some walls. Hopefully you will get a roof and some
doors on there before the next cycle of torrential rainfall arrives. It
will be nice to work inside when the weather is acting up outside.

It will be nice to finally have a place to work and have everything
centrally located.

I'm doing well on the budget but from here on out I will have to
pace myself somewhat.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 12:44:53 GMT, basilisk
wrote:

On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 21:58:53 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 01:11:10 GMT, basilisk wrote:

Blocks are laid, now to pour the lentils.

Like this? http://tinyurl.com/9dua6ky Oh, you meant "lintels", dincha?

I've got the trusses ordered, but there is a two week delivery time on
them

Why were't they ordered 2+ weeks ago with a delayed/movable delivery
date? Our local yard builds and stores things for contractors all the
time.

There was only one minor problem with that, cash flow.

That's a biggie.

Picture of the truss design, mine will have plates to attach perlins
every 2 feet.

http://www.woodwrangler.net/newshop.html

Purlins for a metal roof, or tile?

Metal, couple of nearby shops will roll and cut to exact
lenght, makes for easy work.

Do people put tile roofs on shops in OR?
The only tile used in Al is on Mexican restaurants and
a few $4.5 million McMansions.

Sorry, I forgot the smiley.

--
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep.
-- Scott Adams, 'The Dilbert Principle'
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/15/2012 7:59 AM, basilisk wrote:
On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 00:22:26 -0400, Lee Michaels wrote:

You got a floor and some walls. Hopefully you will get a roof and some
doors on there before the next cycle of torrential rainfall arrives. It
will be nice to work inside when the weather is acting up outside.

It will be nice to finally have a place to work and have everything
centrally located.

I'm doing well on the budget but from here on out I will have to
pace myself somewhat.

Looking good! Just concentrate on getting that puppy "dried-in" and you
can take your sweet old time from then on.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

basilisk wrote:
[...]

The first shop I built I used aluminum, rolled & cut to length. It
was light to handle and reflected the Texas sun well, but I'm sure it
costs more than steel. My current shop was already there when we
bought the house and it has asphalt shingles (black) and just soaks up
the heat from the sun.

--
G.W. Ross

Brain cells come and brain cells go,
but FAT cells live forever.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 12:59:32 GMT, basilisk
It will be nice to finally have a place to work and have everything
centrally located.

Admit it. Your greatest satisfaction will come from having a place
where you can go to avoid everybody else.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 16:42:07 -0400, Dave wrote:

On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 12:59:32 GMT, basilisk
It will be nice to finally have a place to work and have everything
centrally located.

Admit it. Your greatest satisfaction will come from having a place where
you can go to avoid everybody else.

Naw, nobody here but me, technically my son lives with me but it isn't
uncommon to only see him a few hours a week, he's young and busy.
We're at a good place in life, adult friends, not just father and son.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 21:07:54 GMT, basilisk
Naw, nobody here but me, technically my son lives with me but it isn't
uncommon to only see him a few hours a week, he's young and busy.
We're at a good place in life, adult friends, not just father and son.

Understand completely. I always liked having a place that I could go
that was *my* place. When I had my own workshop, I'd frequently go
there, wouldn't do any woodworking and would find something else to do
that interested me. Occasional solace is good for the soul.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy Roy is offline

I noticed your "Odd piece of pine" page. I have a couple boards of that stuff I
found at the local borg. I think this is called Ambrosia Pine and is caused by
"secretions" from some type of borer that actually fill up the hole as the bug
continues to eat through the tree.

I couldn't find a source on the web to verify what I think the name is, so
please let me know if someone supplies better info.

Regards,
Roy