Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default OT Damned txt messages come at the worst time!

http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Text+...966/story.html

A "Black Widow" suicide bomber planned a terrorist attack in central
Moscow on New Year's Eve but was killed when an unexpected text
message set off her bomb too early, according to Russian security
sources.

The unnamed woman, who is thought to be part of the same group that
struck Moscow's Domodedovo airport on Monday, intended to detonate a
suicide belt near Red Square on New Year's Eve in an attack that could
have killed hundreds.

Security sources believe a message from her mobile phone operator
wishing her a happy new year received just hours before the planned
attack triggered her suicide belt, killing her at a safe house.

Happy New Year! Boom!

Gotta love it.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Well.... I don't know how they would know that, but I don't care. If
I were doing that, someone would probably call me to wish me luck,
then *bang*.

Great story, and I will be repeating it all day!

Thanks -

Robert
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

On Feb 1, 12:31*pm, "
wrote:
Well.... I don't know how they would know that, but I don't care. *If
I were doing that, someone would probably call me to wish me luck,
then *bang*.

Great story, and I will be repeating it all day!

Thanks -

Robert

I think that a telemarketer of some sort would be funny too..or a
robocall fundraiser?
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

On Feb 1, 5:00*pm, Robatoy wrote:
On Feb 1, 12:31*pm, "
wrote:

Well.... I don't know how they would know that, but I don't care. *If
I were doing that, someone would probably call me to wish me luck,
then *bang*.

Great story, and I will be repeating it all day!

Thanks -

Robert

I think that a telemarketer of some sort would be funny too..or a
robocall fundraiser?

A JDL fund raiser txt? And the message:

Oopsie!

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

wrote:
Well.... I don't know how they would know that, but I don't care. If
I were doing that, someone would probably call me to wish me luck,
then *bang*.

Great story, and I will be repeating it all day!

Here's another:

"[POKHARA, Nepal] A retired Indian Gorkha soldier recently revisited those
glory days when he thwarted 40 robbers, killing three of them and injuring
eight others, with his khukuri [ceremonial knife] during a train journey."

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/in...&news_id=27100

Evidently the reporter made a mistake in referring to the Ghurka as
"retired." From the looks of it, Ghurkas are like Marines - once a Ghurka,
always a Ghurka. There's no "retired" to it!

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/in..._details&news_....

Evidently the reporter made a mistake in referring to the Ghurka as
"retired." From the looks of it, Ghurkas are like Marines - once a Ghurka,
always a Ghurka. There's no "retired" to it!

Woot! Taking on 40 guys with a knife. 40 armed guys. And he fought
them for 20 minutes. With a knife.

The guy is a real life Walker Texas Ranger without the bad haircut. I
would imagine that Bishnu Shrestha's tailor has one _hell_ of a time
getting the guy's pants to fit around those enormous balls!

I knew the Ghurkas have a fearsome reputation, and apparently it's
well deserved.
There's a video on YouTube showing a kukri in action which I couldn't
post in good conscience. Warning! It is not for the faint of heart.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

has a length of 92 characters and resulted in the following
TinyURL which has a length of 26 characters:
http://tinyurl.com/4tnyf8w

"RicodJour" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

On Feb 2, 4:35*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

has a length of 92 characters and resulted in the following
TinyURL which has a length of 26 characters:
* * *http://tinyurl.com/4tnyf8w

Find me a LazyURL that does it automatically, and I'll use it. I'd
look meself, but, well, I'm lazy.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

On 2/2/2011 4:35 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
has a length of 92 characters and resulted in the following
TinyURL which has a length of 26 characters:
http://tinyurl.com/4tnyf8w

What kind of crappy newsreader are you using? A simple click took me to
the site. Then again I suppose I shouldn't even ask, you know, with the
top posting fetish. Who knows what else is going on with that pc
............. Sigh.

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

On Feb 2, 7:04*pm, Tony Miklos wrote:
On 2/2/2011 4:35 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

has a length of 92 characters and resulted in the following
TinyURL which has a length of 26 characters:
* * * *http://tinyurl.com/4tnyf8w

What kind of crappy newsreader are you using? *A simple click took me to
the site. *Then again I suppose I shouldn't even ask, you know, with the
top posting fetish. *Who knows what else is going on with that pc
............ *Sigh.

He's hopeless. He 'knows' better and believes that top posting is
superior.

Only problem is that he's wrong and it's an automatic joke killer.
Many times a good joke requires a seamless reading of:
OP, reply and then a zinger.
His top posting newbishness makes that impossible without a lot of cut
and past editing.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

On 2/2/2011 7:17 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Feb 2, 7:04 pm, Tony wrote:
On 2/2/2011 4:35 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

has a length of 92 characters and resulted in the following
TinyURL which has a length of 26 characters:
http://tinyurl.com/4tnyf8w

What kind of crappy newsreader are you using? A simple click took me to
the site. Then again I suppose I shouldn't even ask, you know, with the
top posting fetish. Who knows what else is going on with that pc
............ Sigh.

He's hopeless. He 'knows' better and believes that top posting is
superior.

Only problem is that he's wrong and it's an automatic joke killer.
Many times a good joke requires a seamless reading of:
OP, reply and then a zinger.
His top posting newbishness makes that impossible without a lot of cut
and past editing.

I think jesus told him he was put on this good earth to irritate others,
so he top posts because he knows it's wrong. Luckily I'm well past the
irritation, I just shake my head and wonder. Now and then post
something about it.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Tony Miklos wrote:

I think jesus told him he was put on this good earth to irritate
others, so he top posts because he knows it's wrong. Luckily I'm
well past the irritation, I just shake my head and wonder. Now and
then post something about it.

Top posting is the norm on email, but presumably you know what's being
replied to - email is a one-to-one conversation (usually).

With usenet, however, many people can join the thread and bottom posting is
more agreeable.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

BS. Top posting requires a simple newsreader, results in less threading
confusion, fights, and keeps ID headers with the respective text.

The reading person also doesn't have to scroll to the bottom and then
selectively scroll back again to find the beginning of the posted text.

Bottom posting with indents is a waste of bandwidth and a source of
irritation for most due to the confusion it causes. Top posting doesn't even
require any trimming of text, if lazy, and it is still plainly readable.

Most of us can read either technique but the bottom posts tend to be ignored
if longer than a page.

Bottom posting whiners are the most common form of troll for the attention
seeking crybabies.

Now notice how easy it is to see who posted what below? ...and how all those
silly right caret punctuation marks are not required to attempt to sort out
the confusion if you want to review the previous posts over and over? Bottom
posting is becoming obsolete with the new user and increased Internet savie.

Or you could complain and whine about the spelling that isn't quite right.

news Top posting is the norm on email, but presumably you know what's being

Tony Miklos wrote:
I think jesus told him he was put on this good earth to irritate others, so
he top posts because he knows it's wrong. Luckily I'm
well past the irritation, I just shake my head and wonder. Now and then
post something about it.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

On Feb 2, 8:58*pm, "Josepi" wrote:

BS. Top posting requires a simple newsreader, results in less threading
confusion, fights, and keeps ID headers with the respective text.

The only fights that occur are when people point out that you are an
asshole for top posting and you fail to realize they're right.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 18:01:05 -0800 (PST), RicodJour
wrote:

On Feb 2, 8:58*pm, "Josepi" wrote:

BS. Top posting requires a simple newsreader, results in less threading
confusion, fights, and keeps ID headers with the respective text.

The only fights that occur are when people point out that you are an
asshole for top posting and you fail to realize they're right.

Were that the only reason people point out that he's an asshole...

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Feb 2, 8:58*pm, "Josepi" wrote:

BS. Top posting requires a simple newsreader, results in less threading
confusion, fights, and keeps ID headers with the respective text.

The only fights that occur are when people point out that you are an
asshole for top posting and you fail to realize they're right.

Were that the only reason people point out that he's an asshole...

See?! That's exactly what I'm talking about!

OP
reply
zinger

They have to be in order to get the full effect.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

On 2/3/2011 1:02 AM, ktos wrote:
wrote in
:

BS. Top posting requires a simple newsreader, results in less
threading confusion, fights, and keeps ID headers with the respective
text.

The reading person also doesn't have to scroll to the bottom and then
selectively scroll back again to find the beginning of the posted
text.

Bottom posting with indents is a waste of bandwidth and a source of
irritation for most due to the confusion it causes. Top posting
doesn't even require any trimming of text, if lazy, and it is still
plainly readable.

Most of us can read either technique but the bottom posts tend to be
ignored if longer than a page.

Bottom posting whiners are the most common form of troll for the
attention seeking crybabies.

(snipped)

You're ****in' nuts with your OE.

It's usable when "Quotefix" for OE is installed.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

On Feb 3, 3:59*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 2/3/2011 1:02 AM, ktos wrote:
*wrote in

BS. Top posting requires a simple newsreader, results in less
threading confusion, fights, and keeps ID headers with the respective
text.

You're ****in' nuts with your OE.

It's usable when "Quotefix" for OE is installed.

Can he also get a Brainfix? That's the real problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

On 2/3/2011 9:14 AM, RicodJour wrote:
On Feb 3, 3:59 am, The Daring
wrote:
On 2/3/2011 1:02 AM, ktos wrote:
wrote in

BS. Top posting requires a simple newsreader, results in less
threading confusion, fights, and keeps ID headers with the respective
text.

You're ****in' nuts with your OE.

It's usable when "Quotefix" for OE is installed.

Can he also get a Brainfix? That's the real problem.

You can always try being ugly and nasty to him or do what I do on very
rare occasions, killfile. I really only do that when someone constantly
spews foul and abusive language making continual personal attacks. You
can also pretend the offender is a four year old who interrupts daddy
when he's talking to other adults. :-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Thanx.

Note it's always a new nickname that spouts the garbage. The rest want to
discuss woodworking, here.

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
You can always try being ugly and nasty to him or do what I do on very
rare occasions, killfile. I really only do that when someone constantly
spews foul and abusive language making continual personal attacks. You
can also pretend the offender is a four year old who interrupts daddy
when he's talking to other adults. :-)

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

"The Daring wrote in message
You can always try being ugly and nasty to him or do what I do on very
rare occasions, killfile. I really only do that when someone constantly
spews foul and abusive language making continual personal attacks. You
can also pretend the offender is a four year old who interrupts daddy
when he's talking to other adults. :-)

Hi DD
I see you have seen the resident ass of rec.woodworking. Just like old
Stormy in a.h.r (and a few others we have run across in our usenet
travels), clueless, the clue-by-four upside the head hasn't worked yet.

--
Froz...

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

"The Daring wrote in message
You can always try being ugly and nasty to him or do what I do on very
rare occasions, killfile. I really only do that when someone constantly
spews foul and abusive language making continual personal attacks. You
can also pretend the offender is a four year old who interrupts daddy
when he's talking to other adults. :-)

Hi DD
I see you have seen the resident ass of rec.woodworking. Just like old
Stormy in a.h.r (and a few others we have run across in our usenet
travels), clueless, the clue-by-four upside the head hasn't worked yet.

What up Frozz? I noticed the guy top posted, don't know him or haven't
directed any discussion at him/her/it. What is it a wooden version of
Hatter? I just noticed the posts were linked to rec.working, not my
doing, I really didn't pay attention but If the scalawag want's to claim
ownership of a newsgroup, I could play, I kind of miss Lord
Gurglrflop anyway. :-)

TDD

Damned Verizon! Jim Chandler Metalworking 3 September 22nd 08 11:09 PM
Damned fox John UK diy 5 September 4th 08 12:28 PM
Damned ink jet cartridges [email protected] Electronics Repair 15 April 16th 05 12:23 AM
That damned Murphy was right Todd Woodworking 12 September 15th 03 06:12 PM