Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default OT Damned txt messages come at the worst time!

On Feb 1, 5:43*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:

Here's another:

"[POKHARA, Nepal] A retired Indian Gorkha soldier recently revisited those
glory days when he thwarted 40 robbers, killing three of them and injuring
eight others, with his khukuri [ceremonial knife] during a train journey."

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/in..._details&news_....

Evidently the reporter made a mistake in referring to the Ghurka as
"retired." From the looks of it, Ghurkas are like Marines - once a Ghurka,
always a Ghurka. There's no "retired" to it!

Woot! Taking on 40 guys with a knife. 40 armed guys. And he fought
them for 20 minutes. With a knife.

The guy is a real life Walker Texas Ranger without the bad haircut. I
would imagine that Bishnu Shrestha's tailor has one _hell_ of a time
getting the guy's pants to fit around those enormous balls!

I knew the Ghurkas have a fearsome reputation, and apparently it's
well deserved.
There's a video on YouTube showing a kukri in action which I couldn't
post in good conscience. Warning! It is not for the faint of heart.