Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Damned Verizon!

Now I can't even get the posts from here. Keeps saying "No new mesages
on server" and with THIS bunch I know that's not right! :-)

Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Chandler" wrote in message
Now I can't even get the posts from here. Keeps saying "No new mesages on
server" and with THIS bunch I know that's not right! :-)

Is Verizon one of the several ISPs that are dropping news service?

--
Vaughn

.................................................. .......
Nothing personal, but if you are posting through Google Groups I may not receive
your message. Google refuses to control the flood of spam messages originating
in their system, so on any given day I may or may not have Google blocked. Try
a real NNTP server & news reader program and you will never go back. All you
need is access to an NNTP server (AKA "news server") and a news reader program.
You probably already have a news reader program in your computer (Hint: Outlook
Express). Assuming that your Usenet needs are modest, use
http://news.aioe.org/ for free and/or http://www.teranews.com/ for a one-time
$3.95 setup fee. Newsguy, http://www.newsguy.com/ offers a variety of
reasonably priced services. If you wish to experiment with real Usenet access,
they will give you a free 2-day trial account.
.................................................. ........

Will poofread for food.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Chandler wrote:
Now I can't even get the posts from here. Keeps saying "No new mesages
on server" and with THIS bunch I know that's not right! :-)

Jim

Give up and give in. I've been with Giga-News for a couple years now,
since Charter's news system became completely unusable. The only
problem with Giga-News is they keep TOO MUCH info, they have everything
back to 2003, about 422,000 posts in this group! That boggles my reader.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Vaughn Simon wrote:
"Jim Chandler" wrote in message
Now I can't even get the posts from here. Keeps saying "No new mesages on
server" and with THIS bunch I know that's not right! :-)

Is Verizon one of the several ISPs that are dropping news service?

They stopped the alts, etc.
RR

Damned fox John UK diy 5 September 4th 08 12:28 PM
Damned if I do \ don't? Domino thread - jbd in Denver Woodworking 0 December 18th 07 03:27 PM
Damned ink jet cartridges [email protected] Electronics Repair 15 April 16th 05 12:23 AM
READ THE DAMNED LABEL!!! Bubba Home Repair 19 March 4th 05 04:58 AM
That damned Murphy was right Todd Woodworking 12 September 15th 03 06:12 PM