Posted to rec.woodworking

Default US Veteran's Day

On 11/15/2010 6:59 AM, David Paste wrote:
On Nov 15, 1:23 am, wrote:

Government intrusion on individual privacy. I remember being floored by
the double teaming by two London bobbies stopping someone walking down
the street, and while one interrogated the individual, the other walked
off a short distance with his walkie talkie and came back a few minutes
later knowing the guys/gals blood type, employer, how much he made, how
many kids he had, and whether he'd renewed his telly license.

... that was in 1964.

Well, from the American cop shows we get here, you've the same thing
going on. Germany has a TV and radio licensing scheme too, you're
apparently supposed to have a license for each piece of equipment.
Luckily, you are well within your rights to tell the agency to never
darken your doorway over there.

Until the advent of the computer, and an out of control, self
perpetuating bureaucracy foisted upon us by an increasingly ignorant
electorate, the country between the two coasts were never used to that
kind of intrusion into privacy ... it simply was not bureaucratically
possible to do so.

Those of us who grew up with that have a hard time standing still for
the current state of affairs ... then again, about all we can do now is
mouth off about it.

You snooze, you lose while the sheep continue to the vote the wolves in.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

David Paste wrote:
On Nov 15, 1:00 pm, Robatoy wrote:

Why do big fat bugs always get splattered onto the windshield right
in the line-of-sight of the driver? Always?
Is that why some of the smarter nations have their drivers sit in the
passenger seats?
I wanna know!

You're not driving fast enough! Above 85mph, the bugs smear over a
greater surface area of the windscreen, making it easier for the
wipers & washer fluid to clean it off. Of course, at such elevated
speeds, you must follow all the necessary safety procedures - constant
application of the horn whilst passing primary schools, retirement
complexes, etc.

Driver a little faster - the slipstream carries the bugs right over the
roof.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 15, 2:11*pm, "CW" wrote:

Yes we do...on TV. There is a lot of fantasy in those shows.

I was talking about the reality ones!
Posted to rec.woodworking

David Paste wrote:
On Nov 15, 2:11 pm, "CW" wrote:

Yes we do...on TV. There is a lot of fantasy in those shows.

I was talking about the reality ones!

Is there such a thing?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 05:00:49 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

On Nov 15, 7:56*am, David Paste wrote:
On Nov 15, 12:28*am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

Call it job security.

Yeah, I was thinking it would be something like that.

These days, you not only get to pump your gas, you get to check your
oil and clean your windshield.

Clean?!

Why do big fat bugs always get splattered onto the windshield right in
the line-of-sight of the driver? Always?
Is that why some of the smarter nations have their drivers sit in the
passenger seats?
I wanna know!

Bugmikaze code. Rocks have the same tendency, damnit. I once had a
5-T truck's u-joint cup hit me between the eyes. Luckily, there was a
windshield between us. It hit with the rubber seal first so it only
skidded a small scratch in the 'shield. And since it was segmented
driveline, the whole thing didn't come at me at 70mph. Whew!

P.S:

Q: What's the last thing to go through a bug's mind as it hits the
windshield?
A: Its asshole.

--
To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
-- J. K. Rowling

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

A: Its asshole.

--
To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-- J. K. Rowling

Why did the siamese twins vacation in England?
..
..
..
..
A: So the other one could drive for a change...
Posted to rec.woodworking

"CW" wrote in message
m...

, a comedy where everyone dies in the final episode is
not what one expects.

They do know. Do you often tell people how books turn out too?

If they already know then I didn't ruin it for them, did I.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/15/2010 12:23 PM, DGDevin wrote:

"CW" wrote in message m...

, a comedy where everyone dies in the final episode is
not what one expects.

They do know. Do you often tell people how books turn out too?

If they already know then I didn't ruin it for them, did I.

I think he meant to say "They do now".

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve Turner" wrote in message

, a comedy where everyone dies in the final episode is
not what one expects.

They do know. Do you often tell people how books turn out too?

If they already know then I didn't ruin it for them, did I.

I think he meant to say "They do now".

Yeah, I got that.

In any case the very end of the final episode doesn't reduce the enjoyment
to be had from the previous two-dozen episodes, it isn't a murder mystery
with a surprise ending.