Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Veteran's Day!

To my fellow Veterans, I Salute you.

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

To my fellow Veterans, I Salute you.

enough left over to pay them.

Off to Applebee's with you! Vets should eat free EVERYDAY wherever they
like!

A nephew finished Ranger training and is headed someplace, I hope he becomes
a veteran! His propensity for languages, degree in Russian and studied
Chinese, should serve him well as he wants to be involved in Intelligence
and make a career of it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

To my fellow Veterans, I Salute you.

Off to Applebee's with you! Vets should eat free EVERYDAY wherever they
like!

A nephew finished Ranger training and is headed someplace, I hope he becomes
a veteran! His propensity for languages, degree in Russian and studied
Chinese, should serve him well as he wants to be involved in Intelligence
and make a career of it.

Send him my well wishes when you hear from him. Today's military
needs all the intelligence it can get. The days of millions of soldiers
on battlefields are gone, replaced by better trained troops and better
technology.

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 00:00:15 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

To my fellow Veterans, I Salute you.

A crisp snap in return. But you're 46 years too late to collect the
silver dollar!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

To my fellow Veterans, I Salute you.

A crisp snap in return. But you're 46 years too late to collect the
silver dollar!

I have no need for silver dollars. They would be spent to pay my
bills, anyway.

We had a nice turnout for our Veteran's Day ceremonies at our
Veterans Park. I hope you had a good day, as well.

http://www.marioncountyfl.org/veterans/Park.aspx

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=Ocala+veteran%27s+park&fb=1&gl=us&hq=v eteran%27s+park&hnear=Ocala,+FL&view=map&cid=72200 41063496838132&iwloc=A&ved=0CG8QpQY&sa=X&ei=JejcTN 3yC43-ywSCjcXYCA

enough left over to pay them.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

To my fellow Veterans, I Salute you.

A crisp snap in return. But you're 46 years too late to collect the
silver dollar!

I have no need for silver dollars.

Roger that, but I'll bet you know what I said as only a vet could. Hm,
maybe you don't. Army tradition was in my day that the first EM to
salute a newly-commissioned 2d Lt (junior gold bar) gets a silver
dollar from said JGB. My silver dollar went to MSG Sealander who had
mentored me along my way to becoming a commissioned officer. I don't
remember who pinned on my bars, but I sure remember MSG Sealander and
SFC Cater.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

To my fellow Veterans, I Salute you.

A crisp snap in return. But you're 46 years too late to collect the
silver dollar!

I have no need for silver dollars.

Roger that, but I'll bet you know what I said as only a vet could. Hm,
maybe you don't. Army tradition was in my day that the first EM to
salute a newly-commissioned 2d Lt (junior gold bar) gets a silver
dollar from said JGB. My silver dollar went to MSG Sealander who had
mentored me along my way to becoming a commissioned officer. I don't
remember who pinned on my bars, but I sure remember MSG Sealander and
SFC Cater.

I was in in the early '70s. The tradition then said that if the first
enlisted man an new 2d Lt encountered didn't salute them, they would
have a short career as an officer. I jinxed and entire graduating class,
and had a full bird threaten to feed a green 2d Lt his brand new bars
for interfering with my duty. I was carrying a 25" B& video monitor
from my section's truck to the control tower and the moron kicked out
the doorstop and ordered me to drop the monitor to salute him. I
refused and told him off politely, but firmly. The Colonel heard us and
came running, then demanded to know what was going on. I didn't wait
for the Lt. to speak. I smiled and said, Sir! This idiot just ordered
me to destroy US government property so he could get his first salute
from an EM. He turned to the Lt. and asked, Is this true? When he
didn't answer, I asked, Sir? I need to get this monitor upstairs, so
they don't have to shut down this airfield! He turned to the Lt. and
ordered him to open the door & hold it for me, and to apologize for
interfering with my duty. As I passed him I heard the Colonel tell him,
"If you ever do something that stupid again I'll feed you those bars,
without the backings!"

Sometimes it pays to be assigned to one of the most mission critical
sections on a base.

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Idiots like that are exactly why I decided I'd better become a 2Lt. I
knew I'd never be able to suffer such assholes and would end up in the
stockade.

I only encountered a couple of jerks like that during my service.
That's two too many, and they did eventually got their comeuppance.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

If not for him, I would have been the first to salute the entire
graduating class. They had to pass my truck after the ceremony, but he
just had to hurry over and make an ass of himself. Most officers i met
were good men. About a half dozen weren't. I made sure that they knew
that I knew what they were, as well.

From what I've seen on this group, you are a man worthy of being an
officer of any rank.

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

From what I've seen on this group, you are a man worthy of being an
officer of any rank.

I don't think I'd pass the physical! G

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

From what I've seen on this group, you are a man worthy of being an
officer of any rank.

I don't think I'd pass the physical! G

Most of us went through that feeling, in basic training.

Unfortunate but true: Time catches up with us, if we live long
enough. At this point in life, all we can do is take care of ourselves
and enjoy whatever time we have left.

enough left over to pay them.