Posted to rec.woodworking

Default US Veteran's Day

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 05:00:49 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

On Nov 15, 7:56*am, David Paste wrote:
On Nov 15, 12:28*am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

Call it job security.

Yeah, I was thinking it would be something like that.

These days, you not only get to pump your gas, you get to check your
oil and clean your windshield.

Clean?!

Why do big fat bugs always get splattered onto the windshield right in
the line-of-sight of the driver? Always?
Is that why some of the smarter nations have their drivers sit in the
passenger seats?
I wanna know!

Bugmikaze code. Rocks have the same tendency, damnit. I once had a
5-T truck's u-joint cup hit me between the eyes. Luckily, there was a
windshield between us. It hit with the rubber seal first so it only
skidded a small scratch in the 'shield. And since it was segmented
driveline, the whole thing didn't come at me at 70mph. Whew!

P.S:

Q: What's the last thing to go through a bug's mind as it hits the
windshield?
A: Its asshole.

--
To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
-- J. K. Rowling