Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cutting Board material

In article , says...

Do you always end a conversation with an attention troll?

Drink some petroleum products and tell us how that goes.

If you mean pharmaceutical grade mineral oil it goes fine.

Tell us how much
petroleum product you consume each year and how it how it give you diarhea
because it is good for you.

The same way that 100 percent organic prunes give you diarrhea. So I
guess they aren't good for you either.

"RicodJour" wrote in message
Do you get your stupid by pill or injection? I realize that you'd
prefer to remain clueless, as you're so good at it and you have a lot
of time invested, but on the odd chance...DAGS "mineral oil cutting
board".

On Oct 28, 4:53 pm, "Josepi" wrote:

With mineral oil being a toxic petroleum product, I would stay away from
that one. Leave it for your meachines.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sorry, prunes do **NOT** give you diarhea unless you have an intorleance or
allergy to them. They soften your stool like a good upholsterer only with
fiber intake.

Where do people get the idea that dietary fibre give your diarhea?

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
in.local...
The same way that 100 percent organic prunes give you diarrhea. So I
guess they aren't good for you either.

In article , says...
Tell us how much
petroleum product you consume each year and how it how it give you diarhea
because it is good for you.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 28, 5:53*pm, "Josepi" wrote:
Do you always end a conversation with an attention troll?

Drink some petroleum products and tell us how that goes. Tell us how much
petroleum product you consume each year and how it how it give you diarhea
because it is good for you.

I realize you are the resident expert on diarrhea (of the keyboard
kind), but do you get diarrhea every time you eat out? Nearly every
restaurant you have ever been in oils their cutting boards with
mineral oil. It's the industry standard.

You are really clueless. You have a streak going - keep it up.
Here's another tidbit for you to ignore - from Wiki:
"Any given ChapStick may contain camphor, beeswax, menthol,
petrolatum, phenol, vitamin E, and aloe."

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/28/10 4:53 PM, Josepi wrote:
Do you always end a conversation with an attention troll?

Drink some petroleum products and tell us how that goes. Tell us how much
petroleum product you consume each year and how it how it give you diarhea
because it is good for you.

So that would would be a NO on the googling, huh?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , says...

Sorry, prunes do **NOT** give you diarhea unless you have an intorleance or
allergy to them. They soften your stool like a good upholsterer only with
fiber intake.

Eat a hundred of them and get back to us.

Where do people get the idea that dietary fibre give your diarhea?

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
in.local...
The same way that 100 percent organic prunes give you diarrhea. So I
guess they aren't good for you either.

In article , says...
Tell us how much
petroleum product you consume each year and how it how it give you diarhea
because it is good for you.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/28/2010 11:07 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 10/28/10 4:53 PM, Josepi wrote:
Do you always end a conversation with an attention troll?

Drink some petroleum products and tell us how that goes. Tell us how much
petroleum product you consume each year and how it how it give you diarhea
because it is good for you.

So that would would be a NO on the googling, huh?

He doesn't know how.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 29, 6:00*am, "J. Clarke" wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 10/28/10 4:53 PM, Josepi wrote:
Do you always end a conversation with an attention troll?

Drink some petroleum products and tell us how that goes. Tell us how much
petroleum product you consume each year and how it how it give you diarhea
because it is good for you.

So that would would be a NO on the googling, huh?

Josepi would be much happier if he applied some mineral oil to the
broomstick before he inserted it.

Ive never used it, but I think bees wax could work well maybe melted
into some mineral oil and applied hot if you insist on complicating
things.
I am around Ipe a lot. I would never use it for a cutting board. The
stuff stinks, it stains, it dulls tools. All the qualities that make
it great for outdoor and a few other projects make it a terrible
choice for a cutting board, at least one that will actually be used.
This has all been figured out years ago, why not keep it simple. A
relatively flavorless tight grained wood, oiled as needed with an oil
that won't turn ranced (mineral). sheesh
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 29, 9:03*am, "
wrote:

Ive never used it, but I think bees wax could work well maybe melted
into some mineral oil and applied hot if you insist on complicating
things.

That's what the Boos butcher block "miracle cream" is - beeswax and
mineral oil. The bees do the miracle, and Boos sells it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 29, 9:03*am, "
wrote:

Ive never used it, but I think bees wax could work well maybe melted
into some mineral oil and applied hot if you insist on complicating
things.
I am around Ipe a lot. I would never use it for a cutting board. The
stuff stinks, it stains, it dulls tools.

Dulls tools, eh? Nothing like dragging your $100.00 Wüsthof across
that stuff then.
I know absolutely nothing about Ipe, but I won't be using that for a
cutting board.
Thanks for the input.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 29, 9:26*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 29, 9:03*am, "

wrote:

Ive never used it, but I think bees wax could work well maybe melted
into some mineral oil and applied hot if you insist on complicating
things.

That's what the Boos butcher block "miracle cream" is - beeswax and
mineral oil. *The bees do the miracle, and Boos sells it.

Boos makes fantastic stuff. I promoted their products many years ago.
Then a Canadian distributor got his greedy ass in the middle of the
product flow and walked off with all the fun(profit) *I* was having
and priced themselves right out of the running in most quotes. I now
use a guy who is 98% there in terms of quality, way better pricing,
but not as much selection...but he won't finish his product. With all
the peanut-product scares, he doesn't want to deal with liability
issues where he could be blamed should something go awry.

I use whale oil boiled with seal blubber and tinted with oak rust.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/29/2010 8:41 AM, Robatoy wrote:

I use whale oil boiled with seal blubber and tinted with oak rust.

Baby, infant, immature seals, with BIG eyes, I hope ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote

I use whale oil boiled with seal blubber and tinted with oak rust.

That sounds like a typical Canadian finish. G

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 08:46:12 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 10/29/2010 8:41 AM, Robatoy wrote:

I use whale oil boiled with seal blubber and tinted with oak rust.

Baby, infant, immature seals, with BIG eyes, I hope ...

That reminds me of the excellent bumper sticker which covers the hate
of durnnear everything:

NUKE THE GAY BABY WHALES FOR JESUS

--
Only YOU can prevent Oak Rust!

--
Most people assume the fights are going to be the left versus the right,
but it always is the reasonable versus the jerks.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/29/10 8:30 AM, Robatoy wrote:
On Oct 29, 9:03 am, "
I am around Ipe a lot. I would never use it for a cutting board. The
stuff stinks, it stains, it dulls tools.

I know absolutely nothing about Ipe,

Tangent...
I was in woodcraft and a few guys were talking about Ipe. They got into
a discussion about how to pronounce it. One guys said, "I pronounce it
eye-pay," the other guy said, "I pronounce it eepay," the third said, "I
hear it's just pronounced like pipe." I was walking by and said, "I
pronounce it, Brazilian Walnut."

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/29/10 8:41 AM, Robatoy wrote:

I use whale oil boiled with seal blubber and tinted with oak rust.

between sips....... (pheeew)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/29/10 8:46 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 10/29/2010 8:41 AM, Robatoy wrote:

I use whale oil boiled with seal blubber and tinted with oak rust.

Baby, infant, immature seals, with BIG eyes, I hope ...

Be careful not to cross contaminate when you club them.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 29, 12:53*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
On 10/29/10 8:41 AM, Robatoy wrote:

I use whale oil boiled with seal blubber and tinted with oak rust.

between sips....... (pheeew)

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Two seals walk into a bar.
Bartender says: "what can get for you?"
One seal says: "anything but a Canadian Club."
Posted to rec.woodworking

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
On 10/29/10 8:41 AM, Robatoy wrote:

I use whale oil boiled with seal blubber and tinted with oak rust.

between sips....... (pheeew)

The sipping ads the secret ingredient, saliva, and is a precursor to the
application process... spitting/spraying it all over the top of the cutting
board.