Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected][_2_] chrisring@austin.rr.com[_2_] is offline

Default Cutting Board material

On Oct 29, 6:00*am, "J. Clarke" wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 10/28/10 4:53 PM, Josepi wrote:
Do you always end a conversation with an attention troll?

Drink some petroleum products and tell us how that goes. Tell us how much
petroleum product you consume each year and how it how it give you diarhea
because it is good for you.

So that would would be a NO on the googling, huh?

Josepi would be much happier if he applied some mineral oil to the
broomstick before he inserted it.

Ive never used it, but I think bees wax could work well maybe melted
into some mineral oil and applied hot if you insist on complicating
things.
I am around Ipe a lot. I would never use it for a cutting board. The
stuff stinks, it stains, it dulls tools. All the qualities that make
it great for outdoor and a few other projects make it a terrible
choice for a cutting board, at least one that will actually be used.
This has all been figured out years ago, why not keep it simple. A
relatively flavorless tight grained wood, oiled as needed with an oil
that won't turn ranced (mineral). sheesh