Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bosch 1587 discounted at Lowes

My local Lowes had the Bosch 1587 jigsaw marked down to $65 tonight. Other
Lowes may be doing the same thing, so if you're thinking about purchasing a
jigsaw don't wait.

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/10/10 9:55 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
My local Lowes had the Bosch 1587 jigsaw marked down to $65 tonight. Other
Lowes may be doing the same thing, so if you're thinking about purchasing a
jigsaw don't wait.

Puckdropper

Oooooo, and I'm in the market.
My B&D is great as cutting jigsaw puzzles, weather you're trying to or
not.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/10/2010 9:55 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
My local Lowes had the Bosch 1587 jigsaw marked down to $65 tonight. Other
Lowes may be doing the same thing, so if you're thinking about purchasing a
jigsaw don't wait.

Puckdropper

I have that model, and it's a fine little machine. That's a smokin' good deal.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/11/2010 12:11 AM, Steve Turner wrote:
On 9/10/2010 9:55 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
My local Lowes had the Bosch 1587 jigsaw marked down to $65 tonight.
Other
Lowes may be doing the same thing, so if you're thinking about
purchasing a
jigsaw don't wait.

Puckdropper

I have that model, and it's a fine little machine. That's a smokin' good
deal.

If they've got stock--none of the Lowes near me is showing stock.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
My local Lowes had the Bosch 1587 jigsaw marked down to $65 tonight.
Other
Lowes may be doing the same thing, so if you're thinking about purchasing
jigsaw don't wait.

Puckdropper

That is a good price the cheapest I have seen it is around $99. But that is
the "combination lock" model. A great saw but the blade change feature is
much more desirable on the later models. Yeah you don't change blades
often... till you use one that changing a blade takes a second or two. Good
find!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/11/2010 7:35 AM, Leon wrote:
"Puckdropper"puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
My local Lowes had the Bosch 1587 jigsaw marked down to $65 tonight.
Other
Lowes may be doing the same thing, so if you're thinking about purchasing
jigsaw don't wait.

Puckdropper

That is a good price the cheapest I have seen it is around $99. But that is
the "combination lock" model. A great saw but the blade change feature is
much more desirable on the later models. Yeah you don't change blades
often... till you use one that changing a blade takes a second or two. Good
find!

Every time I need to change a blade on my 1587 I have to find the manual
first.

But that is an excellent price, it is a helluva machine, and you _can_
eventually learn how to change the blade ... I think?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 11, 7:51*am, Swingman wrote:

Every time I need to change a blade on my 1587 I have to find the manual
first.

But that is an excellent price, it is a helluva machine, and you _can_
eventually learn how to change the blade ... I think?

I about fell out of my chair laughing when I read that. It honestly
took me a few years of using ONLY that jigsaw to get where I remember
"the combination". And it has the instructions printed on the
machine!

But for the longest time, if I didn't have my readers with me, I was
up against it. I twisted, turned, counted, fussed and cussed getting
those damn blades in the thing.

Excellent tool, though.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Sep 11, 7:51 am, Swingman wrote:

Every time I need to change a blade on my 1587 I have to find the manual
first.

But that is an excellent price, it is a helluva machine, and you _can_
eventually learn how to change the blade ... I think?

I about fell out of my chair laughing when I read that. It honestly
took me a few years of using ONLY that jigsaw to get where I remember
"the combination". And it has the instructions printed on the
machine!

But for the longest time, if I didn't have my readers with me, I was
up against it. I twisted, turned, counted, fussed and cussed getting
those damn blades in the thing.

Excellent tool, though.

Robert

One of the absolutely worst jig saws I read about and had first hand
experience changing blades on was the DeWalts from 8~10 years ago. You
thought the blade was in there tight till the wood pinched the blade and won
the tug of war. It was hell pulling the blade out of the kerf with out the
saw attached to it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
On 9/11/2010 7:35 AM, Leon wrote:
[...]