Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bosch deal at Lowes

Stumbled across this today...

Buy a Bosch PS40 (subcompact impact driver) kit, get a free PS20
(matching subcompact drill/driver) by mail.

Or you can buy a PS20 kit and get another PS 20 (driver only)

I've had my eye on this pair for a while; they've gotten great
reviews because of their l-ion power, light weight, and compact size.
The kit comes with 30 min charger and two batteries, I assume the
free tool doesn't come with battery, but it doesn't really say.

This is at lowes in NE Ohio, don't know if it's everywhere or not. If
you search their rebate center for tools, you can find it. (Doesn't
seem to work to search rebate center for Bosch for some reason)

Paul F.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Paul,

I have the PS20 and really like it....but...its having some trouble putting
3" deck screws in PT lumber. Maybe I should look at the PS40 as well.

Skip
www.ShopFileR.com

"Paul Franklin" wrote in message
Stumbled across this today...

Buy a Bosch PS40 (subcompact impact driver) kit, get a free PS20
(matching subcompact drill/driver) by mail.

Or you can buy a PS20 kit and get another PS 20 (driver only)

I've had my eye on this pair for a while; they've gotten great
reviews because of their l-ion power, light weight, and compact size.
The kit comes with 30 min charger and two batteries, I assume the
free tool doesn't come with battery, but it doesn't really say.

This is at lowes in NE Ohio, don't know if it's everywhere or not. If
you search their rebate center for tools, you can find it. (Doesn't
seem to work to search rebate center for Bosch for some reason)

Paul F.

Posted to rec.woodworking
No Name

"Paul Franklin" wrote in message
Stumbled across this today...

Buy a Bosch PS40 (subcompact impact driver) kit, get a free PS20
(matching subcompact drill/driver) by mail.

Or you can buy a PS20 kit and get another PS 20 (driver only)

I've had my eye on this pair for a while; they've gotten great
reviews because of their l-ion power, light weight, and compact size.
The kit comes with 30 min charger and two batteries, I assume the
free tool doesn't come with battery, but it doesn't really say.

This is at lowes in NE Ohio, don't know if it's everywhere or not. If
you search their rebate center for tools, you can find it. (Doesn't
seem to work to search rebate center for Bosch for some reason)

Paul F.

Have you read the reviews on Amazon.com? They have it for 1/2 price, don't
know about Lowe's. Many good reviews but the bad ones mostly point to lack
of power and couple of them said the battery pack don't work when the
temperature is cold. Bosch look so cool and I wanted one until I tested it.
Anyway I was at the tool show a few of months ago and play around with the
Bosch and it didn't have power to drive a 3" screw half way down soft wood.
Went to the next booth and play with the Hitachi (higher voltage, bigger
with 15 minute charger, forgot which model). What a difference, that Hitachi
would sink 3" screws 1/2" below the wood without any effort.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 07:03:27 -0700, Frank wrote:

"Paul Franklin" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Thanks for the thoughts folks. I've already got a big Milwaukee
cordless drill/driver/hammer drill that will handle the big jobs, just
looking for a smaller, lighter driver for routine tasks. For big
holes or bunches of deck screws, I'll use the Milwaukee.

As for not working well in the cold...I don't either anymore :-)

Paul F

Posted to rec.woodworking

Paul Franklin wrote:

: Thanks for the thoughts folks. I've already got a big Milwaukee
: cordless drill/driver/hammer drill that will handle the big jobs, just
: looking for a smaller, lighter driver for routine tasks. For big
: holes or bunches of deck screws, I'll use the Milwaukee.

I have a similar pair, and think the Bosch is the bee's knees for smaller work.
If I'm drilling a 1/2" hole through broick, out comes the Milwaukee.

-- Andy Barss
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 1, 8:01 pm, Paul Franklin
wrote:
Stumbled across this today...

Buy a Bosch PS40 (subcompact impact driver) kit, get a free PS20
(matching subcompact drill/driver) by mail.

Or you can buy a PS20 kit and get another PS 20 (driver only)

I've had my eye on this pair for a while; they've gotten great
reviews because of their l-ion power, light weight, and compact size.
The kit comes with 30 min charger and two batteries, I assume the
free tool doesn't come with battery, but it doesn't really say.

This is at lowes in NE Ohio, don't know if it's everywhere or not. If
you search their rebate center for tools, you can find it. (Doesn't
seem to work to search rebate center for Bosch for some reason)

Paul F.

I went to lowes, and they didn't know anything about it. The bosch
website has the promotion, however. the free ps20 is without the
battery!. 2 questions arise: 1. does the ps40 come with 2 batteries.
2. does the ps20 take a ps40 battery? If the answer is no, it's
probably not worth it.

shelly
Posted to rec.woodworking

just got the ps40 from amazon - $152, free shipping.
works nicely for such a small tool. gonna get the ps20 using the pdf
from on the bosch website.
I think I'm gonna like that one too!

shelly
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 15, 10:44 pm, krw wrote:
In article 53577971-faee-445b-97bf-9f970d4753e8
@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com, says...

just got the ps40 from amazon - $152, free shipping.

There is a lot of that going around. ;-) Just bought a PS40 from
Lowes. $152. Had to pick it up myself.

they had it at mine for 179

How does the rebate work? Do they send the tool or a coupon?

go to the bosch website

http://boschtools.com/freepocketdriv...ate%20Form.pdf

the promotion ends july 15th

shelly
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article 0ab867ae-5606-4ab7-80a7-
,
says...
On Jun 15, 10:44 pm, krw wrote:
In article 53577971-faee-445b-97bf-9f970d4753e8
@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com, says...

just got the ps40 from amazon - $152, free shipping.

There is a lot of that going around. ;-) Just bought a PS40 from
Lowes. $152. Had to pick it up myself.

they had it at mine for 179

Lowes had just dropped the price to $152.15.

How does the rebate work? Do they send the tool or a coupon?

go to the bosch website

http://boschtools.com/freepocketdriv...ate%20Form.pdf

My rebate was a mail-in to Lowes. I filled out a "form" printed
with the receipt and sent it to a "Lowes" address. The receipt said
that nothing else was needed other than the information on the
receipt.

the promotion ends july 15th

The Lowes rebate is for purchase between 5/26/08 through 6/29/08 and
must be postmarked by 7/29/08. We'll see what happens.

--
Keith
Posted to rec.woodworking

interesting... When I went into lowes about 3 weeks ago and asked
about it, they didn't know anything (I read it here, and the salesman
told me it sounded too good to be true.

shelly
Posted to rec.woodworking

I almost forgot... If you do the rebate through lowes, get a return
receipt. I've had problems in the past with them over rebates... (they
claimed they didn't get the letter, didn't have the right info, etc.)

shelly