Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Trip to Boston /Salem area

Am looking for woodworking stores such as Rocklers, Woodcraft around
Boston /Salem area. I will spend my money on woodworking equipment
while the wife does sewing. All suggestions greatly appreciated.
PS Beer and good food also required. Thanks.

Vic
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Victor H. wrote in
:

Am looking for woodworking stores such as Rocklers, Woodcraft around
Boston /Salem area. I will spend my money on woodworking equipment
while the wife does sewing. All suggestions greatly appreciated.
PS Beer and good food also required. Thanks.

Vic

The Rockler store I know is on the inbound side of Massachusetts Ave in
Cambridge, a few blocks Northwest (??) from Porter Square.

Coming from the West into the Boston area, you'd take Route 2 inbound from
95/128. At the end, take a left onto 16, then a right onto Mass Ave.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Victor H." wrote in message
Am looking for woodworking stores such as Rocklers, Woodcraft around
Boston /Salem area. I will spend my money on woodworking equipment
while the wife does sewing. All suggestions greatly appreciated.
PS Beer and good food also required. Thanks.

Vic

Vic

There is a Rockler in Cambridge MA and one in Salem NH (NOT SALEM MA) and a
Woodcraft in Woburn MA.

While in the Boston - Salem area there are a lot of cool things to see like
the USS Constitution (Boston) all the witch craft trial stuff in Salem.

As far as beer and food goes lots and lots of fried clams and lobster rolls
this time of year. I can't really recommend any places it has been a while
since I lived there. I am running out but I am sure I can think of more
places later.

Larry C

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...
"Victor H." wrote in message
Am looking for woodworking stores such as Rocklers, Woodcraft around
Boston /Salem area. I will spend my money on woodworking equipment
while the wife does sewing. All suggestions greatly appreciated.
PS Beer and good food also required. Thanks.

Vic

Vic

There is a Rockler in Cambridge MA and one in Salem NH (NOT SALEM MA) and a
Woodcraft in Woburn MA.

While in the Boston - Salem area there are a lot of cool things to see like
the USS Constitution (Boston) all the witch craft trial stuff in Salem.

As far as beer and food goes lots and lots of fried clams and lobster rolls
this time of year. I can't really recommend any places it has been a while
since I lived there. I am running out but I am sure I can think of more
places later.

Larry C

Han mentioned getting to the Cambridge Rockler by coming in on Rt 2,
left at Rt 16, and then right at Mass Ave. That's probably the easiest
route but no the shortest. You can also turn right onto Rt 16, then
take your first left onto Rindge Ave. Follow Rindge all the way to the
end (about a mile) and Rockler is at that corner, about 100 feet to
your right on Mass Ave.

This route is important because at the intersection of Rt 16 and
Rindge is a great seafood restaurant, Jasper White's Summer Shack. (If
you were coming the other way on Rindge and neglected to stop at the
traffic light at the end, you would smash right into the Summer Shack.)

To get to Woodcraft, follow the original route (left at Rt 16 from Rt
2), follow it about 5 miles to I-93 north. Take I-93 north about 5-6
miles to Montvale Ave in Woburn. Woodcraft is about 1 block west on
your left.

--
John
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

John Santos wrote in
:

[...]

Great plug for a seafood restaurant! And not only is that route shorter,
it's probably also faster, because the left at 2&16 can be very slow.

More eats: On the left of Mass Ave, just beyond Porter Square is the old
Sears building, now partly occupied by Lesley University and a whole lot
of shops and restaurants. Although not cheap, the Blue Fin has great
sushi. In one of the little hallways is a Korean restaurant with an
aquarium, great to amuse the toddlers ...

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Han" wrote in message
John Santos wrote in
:

[...]

My last visit was circa 30 years ago, but Anthony's Pier 4 had some
unforgettable seafood.

B.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Buddy Matlosz" wrote in
:

snip
My last visit was circa 30 years ago, but Anthony's Pier 4 had some
unforgettable seafood.

B.

It's still very good, at least it was in 2009, but it's not close to
Rockler's.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 14 Aug 2010 10:28:56 GMT, Han wrote:

"Buddy Matlosz" wrote in
:

snip
My last visit was circa 30 years ago, but Anthony's Pier 4 had some
unforgettable seafood.

B.

It's still very good, at least it was in 2009, but it's not close to
Rockler's.

Mmm, I've never had the seafood at Rockler's. Maybe Tuesday (business in
Atlanta). ;-)