Posted to rec.woodworking

Default need sawmill in Winston Salem NC area

Greetings from the big sand-bar (Florida) where kiln-dried roughcut
hardwoods are readily available if a bit expensive, but air-dried,
suitable for bending, hardwoods are as rare as hen's-teeth.
I am delivering some equipment to Yadkinville (near Winston Salem, NC)
area the 1st week of September and I'd really like to make good use of
the 16' flatbed trailer on the trip home. I can haul 5000#, which is
way too little for buying in bulk from the big boys.
While recently-sawed material is OK, due to my weight limitations, I'd
really prefer at least partially dried. I have a shed under which I
can sticker, and end-paint if needed, the boards for the remainder of
their drying at home.
I believe that if I'm going to get any custom-sawn material, I'll need
to be ordering it very very soon, now.
I am hoping some RECers in that area can suggest some sources and
provide some guidance on recent prices for:
Ash (flat sawn) 4/4, 5/4, & 10/4
Ash (quarter-sawn) 4/4
Black Walnut (flat sawn) 5/4 & 10/4
Hard Maple (flat sawn) 5/4 & 10/4
White Oak (flat sawn) 4/4, 5/4, & 10/4
White Oak (quarter-sawn) 4/4

Many thanks for any and all guidance.
Last time I bought any rough-cut was in '01 when green White Oak in
4/4 & 6/4 could be had for $0.69 per BdFt down here. That's when I
learned that 1480 BdFt of green WhiteOak weighs 10K#, but that's a
whole nother story. :-)