Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Reading Safety Glasses

I'm looking for safety glasses where the entire lens
is a 2.0 reading glass, not a bifocal. I tried the bifocal
but it's hard to use when I'm working on something above
my head.

Thanks,

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 23, 11:16*am, sam wrote:
I'm looking for safety glasses where the entire lens
is a 2.0 reading glass, not a bifocal. I tried the bifocal

Mag-safe

http://www.amazon.com/Mag-Safe-Magni.../dp/B000Q7UYCQ

Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-06-23, sam wrote:
I'm looking for safety glasses where the entire lens
is a 2.0 reading glass, not a bifocal. I tried the bifocal
but it's hard to use when I'm working on something above
my head.

I'm sure an optometrist would be more than happy to make you up a
pair. Every optometrist I've gone to sells prescription safety
glasses, which are typically much cheaper (as much as 60%) than
regular stylish glasses.

If you already have safety glasses and just need occasional
magnification, check out a local fishing shop, specially one dedicated
to fly fishing. I bought a pair of flip up magnifiers in 3X for tying
flies and tippets. They also came in 1X, 2X and even 4X. Not really
sure if they're technically the same as dioptor graded reading
glasses, but great for short period usage and much less expensive. I
paid only $15, cheaper than most reading glasses.

nb

Posted to rec.woodworking

"sam" wrote in message
I'm looking for safety glasses where the entire lens
is a 2.0 reading glass, not a bifocal. I tried the bifocal
but it's hard to use when I'm working on something above
my head.

Thanks,

My old man did wiring work and needed the overhead
vision too. The company supplied him with saferty
glasses that had reading sections both high and low with
plain glass in the center. I don't know who they got tnem
from tho.
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:16:51 -0500, sam wrote:

I tried the bifocal but it's hard to use when I'm working on something above
my head.

You can glasses made with the bifocal on the top of the lens.

-Zz
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:16:51 -0500, sam wrote:

I'm looking for safety glasses where the entire lens is a 2.0 reading
glass, not a bifocal. I tried the bifocal but it's hard to use when I'm
working on something above my head.

Why not just put the book in your lap? Then you won't be dropping it on
your head, so you won't need safety glasses either.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Artemus" wrote in -
september.org:

"sam" wrote in message
I'm looking for safety glasses where the entire lens
is a 2.0 reading glass, not a bifocal. I tried the bifocal
but it's hard to use when I'm working on something above
my head.

Thanks,

My old man did wiring work and needed the overhead
vision too. The company supplied him with saferty
glasses that had reading sections both high and low with
plain glass in the center. I don't know who they got tnem
from tho.
Art

Try www.safetyglassesusa.com. They've got all kinds of safety bifocals,
including sunglasses and the high/low combination you're describing. I
can't remember the price, but I've got a pair for exactly the same
reason as your dad.

Brian
Posted to rec.woodworking

I have polycarbonate trifocals. You can have the Rx ground so the the
upper and lower are for close-up and the middle is for intermediate
distances.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 23, 3:32*pm, notbob wrote:
On 2010-06-23, sam wrote:

[...]

Dollar store, $1 per pair, cheap enough to lose. They work perfectly
for reading a tape, though I wouldn't trust them where I need impact
resistance.