Posted to rec.woodworking
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default Reading Safety Glasses

On 2010-06-23, sam wrote:

I'm looking for safety glasses where the entire lens
is a 2.0 reading glass, not a bifocal. I tried the bifocal
but it's hard to use when I'm working on something above
my head.

I'm sure an optometrist would be more than happy to make you up a
pair. *Every optometrist I've gone to sells prescription safety
glasses, which are typically much cheaper (as much as 60%) than
regular stylish glasses. *

If you already have safety glasses and just need occasional
magnification, check out a local fishing shop, specially one dedicated
to fly fishing. *I bought a pair of flip up magnifiers in 3X for tying
flies and tippets. *They also came in 1X, 2X and even 4X. *Not really
sure if they're technically the same as dioptor graded reading
glasses, but great for short period usage and much less expensive. *I
paid only $15, cheaper than most reading glasses.

nb

Dollar store, $1 per pair, cheap enough to lose. They work perfectly
for reading a tape, though I wouldn't trust them where I need impact
resistance.