Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sliding miter saw

I値l preface this... I have an (ancient by todays standards) older B&D 10"
regular miter saw (no compound, no sliding, etc.) It is so old that the
"blade brake" has fallen off, not that I ever really used it. It's always
been plenty accurate and "tight". The only down side I've found, is it
won't make it through x by 6 material. To cut a 1x6 or 2x6, I have to raise
the board up. I have a good table saw but in the "right tool for the right
job" spirit, I'm thinking it may be time to upgrade to a better miter saw.

Suggestions... keeping in mind, I'm no longer doing this for a living, my
budget is not unlimited, and the meager tool I'm used to.

Thanks for any suggestions

Ed

sliding miter saw suggestions [email protected] Woodworking 6 February 21st 08 03:14 AM
Sliding miter saw Thom Woodworking 1 May 26th 07 03:25 AM
Conventional miter vs sliding [email protected] Woodworking 12 October 7th 06 12:51 PM
What does sliding Miter Saw do over a non sliding saw Swingman Woodworking 67 November 18th 03 12:18 AM
Ridgid 12" Sliding Miter Saw Tony DiBratto Woodworking 4 October 17th 03 09:52 PM