Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Sliding miter saw

On Apr 7, 11:19*pm, "Max" wrote:
"Ed Edelenbos" wrote in message

I’ll preface this... *I have an (ancient by todays standards) older B&D
10" regular miter saw (no compound, no sliding, etc.) *It is so old that
the "blade brake" has fallen off, not that I ever really used it. *It's
always been plenty accurate and "tight". *The only down side I've found,
is it won't make it through x by 6 material. *To cut a 1x6 or 2x6, I have
to raise the board up. *I have a good table saw but in the "right tool for
the right job" spirit, I'm thinking it may be time to upgrade to a better
miter saw.

Suggestions... keeping in mind, I'm no longer doing this for a living, my
budget is not unlimited, and the meager tool I'm used to.

In that case I won't mention my 12" Milwaukee that I really like.

If it's the one I'm looking at, it is one nice machine. From where I'm
sitting, it is another 600 smackeroonies MORE to go to the Kapex...
And just like their drills, there is a point where Festool becomes
ridiculous. I have played with the Kapex, it is fantastic. And if I
were a trim carpenter, and 30+ years younger, I'd be all over that
puppy.
That big old Milwaukee seems nice. (I should have never sold that LS
1013 Makita, but I just wasn't using it at the time.)
Now things have changed again, now I need to reinvest in another big
ol' chopsaw.