Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sliding miter saw

I am giving my very small workshop a "sprucing up" this weekend. Part of the
spruce up is putting in a miter table.
right now I use a 10" single bevel miter saw that is ok but that's it -- ok.

I am looking at the Dewalt 8 1/2" slider. Since I don't hardly ever play
with construction lumber I am thinking this will give capacity that 1) I
haven't had becasue of the slide and 2) is more in line with the size of
material I typically work with. And besides -- I have a few bucks for the
sprucing and this seems like a good time for a new toy to play with.

I'm looking for recommendations or thoughts based on experience for the
smaller sliding miter saws. Going from a 10" single bevelto slider seems
good to me but wanted to hear from someone who has been using the smaller
sliders.

Any thoughts on the small sliders?

Thanks a bunch.
Thom

Posted to rec.woodworking
PDQ PDQ is offline

I have a 7 1/2" slider.
Works like a charm for me except, if I could get a 10" slider, I would be able to crosscut wider/thicker boards.
Other than this one little fact, I would not want to be without one.
An 8 1/2 would be a step up for me.

P D Q