Posted to rec.woodworking

Default If JOAT could do it........

I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Stanford" wrote in message
I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html

Thank you Mike.

I filed this source in multiple locations to insure I did not lose track of
it.

Although not free, this is a source of some oldies but goodies in a number
of different topics. These are PDF files and generally cheaper than paper
books. Prices are in Aussie dollars.

http://www.pdfclassicbooks.com/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 30, 10:24*am, "Mike Stanford" wrote:
I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html

NICE!

Thank you.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Stanford" wrote in message
I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html
I have not seen anything from JOLT on this site for quite a while. Don't
check too often. Something happen to him? WW

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:24:09 +0100, the infamous "Mike Stanford"
scrawled the following:

I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html

It only took me 1 minute to see the value and start downloading
everything in sight, before the site goes down. I used to link to
great sites like that but they always disappeared before I got back to
them. I have no more tragic losses now.

--
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for.
-- Earl Warren

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Stanford" wrote in message
I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html

Thanks! Downloading on the menu tonight!!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:24:09 +0100, the infamous "Mike Stanford"
scrawled the following:

I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html

It only took me 1 minute to see the value and start downloading
everything in sight, before the site goes down. I used to link to
great sites like that but they always disappeared before I got back to
them. I have no more tragic losses now.

Ditto for me. What are you using to DL?
I'm using HTTrack and it's fetching at 200Kbps and I have 45 of
the .pdfs so far. I like HTT because I can set it up and it fetches
the entire website with no babysitting by me. After it finishes I then
have a local copy of the site which I can put on a CD/DVD and
have it forever.

I wish I had known of this while rusty2l was still alive.
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:53:41 -0700, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:

"Mike Stanford" wrote in message
I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html

Thanks! Downloading on the menu tonight!!

I was grabbing six or eight at a time via DSL while reading the Wreck
in the background. How good can it get?

--
May those who love us, love us;
And may those that don't love us,
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:07:05 -0800, the infamous "Artemus"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:24:09 +0100, the infamous "Mike Stanford"
scrawled the following:

I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html

It only took me 1 minute to see the value and start downloading
everything in sight, before the site goes down. I used to link to
great sites like that but they always disappeared before I got back to
them. I have no more tragic losses now.

Ditto for me. What are you using to DL?

Firefox.

I'm using HTTrack and it's fetching at 200Kbps and I have 45 of
the .pdfs so far. I like HTT because I can set it up and it fetches
the entire website with no babysitting by me. After it finishes I then
have a local copy of the site which I can put on a CD/DVD and
have it forever.

Standard download speeds were about 165k max, less with half a dozen
going at once. When the DSL lights stopped flashing madly at me, I'd
DL a large handful more. I'll look at WinHTTrack. Sounds easier.

I wish I had known of this while rusty2l was still alive.

He's gone? I remember trying to get something from he website and it
was down, but I didn't know why. Bummer.

--
May those who love us, love us;
And may those that don't love us,
May God turn their hearts;
And if he doesn't turn their hearts,
may he turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
--old Gaelic blessing
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Stanford" wrote in message
I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html

What an excellent find. Only downloaded one PDF so far but fascinating read.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Artemus" wrote in message

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:24:09 +0100, the infamous "Mike Stanford"
scrawled the following:

I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html

It only took me 1 minute to see the value and start downloading
everything in sight, before the site goes down. I used to link to
great sites like that but they always disappeared before I got back to
them. I have no more tragic losses now.

Ditto for me. What are you using to DL?
I'm using HTTrack and it's fetching at 200Kbps and I have 45 of
the .pdfs so far. I like HTT because I can set it up and it fetches
the entire website with no babysitting by me. After it finishes I then
have a local copy of the site which I can put on a CD/DVD and
have it forever.

That's a cunning bit of software. I'm going for a download of the site but
at around 200 books it may take a while.
Maybe my next target will be http://tinyurl.com/ydv8yqn
Popular Mechanics found from a post on here I think.

JOAT? Buddy Matlosz Woodworking 26 June 30th 09 08:03 AM
to JOAT Vic Baron Woodworking 5 January 6th 05 12:45 PM
Ping to JOAT Jack the Breeder Woodworking 3 October 20th 03 01:48 PM
JOAT Polytone Woodworking 13 August 2nd 03 06:16 PM