DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   If JOAT could do it........ (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/300641-if-joat-could-do.html)

Mike Stanford March 30th 10 03:24 PM

If JOAT could do it........

I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html

Lee Michaels March 30th 10 03:37 PM

If JOAT could do it........

"Mike Stanford" wrote in message
I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html

Thank you Mike.

I filed this source in multiple locations to insure I did not lose track of
it.

Although not free, this is a source of some oldies but goodies in a number
of different topics. These are PDF files and generally cheaper than paper
books. Prices are in Aussie dollars.

http://www.pdfclassicbooks.com/

Robatoy[_2_] March 30th 10 03:41 PM

If JOAT could do it........

On Mar 30, 10:24*am, "Mike Stanford" wrote:
I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html

NICE!

Thank you.

WW[_2_] March 30th 10 09:39 PM

If JOAT could do it........

"Mike Stanford" wrote in message
I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html
I have not seen anything from JOLT on this site for quite a while. Don't
check too often. Something happen to him? WW

Larry Jaques[_2_] March 31st 10 02:34 AM

If JOAT could do it........

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:24:09 +0100, the infamous "Mike Stanford"
scrawled the following:

I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html

It only took me 1 minute to see the value and start downloading
everything in sight, before the site goes down. I used to link to
great sites like that but they always disappeared before I got back to
them. I have no more tragic losses now.

--
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for.
-- Earl Warren

LDosser March 31st 10 02:53 AM

If JOAT could do it........

"Mike Stanford" wrote in message
I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html

Thanks! Downloading on the menu tonight!!

Artemus[_4_] March 31st 10 04:07 AM

If JOAT could do it........

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:24:09 +0100, the infamous "Mike Stanford"
scrawled the following:

I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html

It only took me 1 minute to see the value and start downloading
everything in sight, before the site goes down. I used to link to
great sites like that but they always disappeared before I got back to
them. I have no more tragic losses now.

Ditto for me. What are you using to DL?
I'm using HTTrack and it's fetching at 200Kbps and I have 45 of
the .pdfs so far. I like HTT because I can set it up and it fetches
the entire website with no babysitting by me. After it finishes I then
have a local copy of the site which I can put on a CD/DVD and
have it forever.

I wish I had known of this while rusty2l was still alive.
Art

Larry Jaques[_2_] March 31st 10 03:50 PM

If JOAT could do it........

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:53:41 -0700, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:

"Mike Stanford" wrote in message
I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html

Thanks! Downloading on the menu tonight!!

I was grabbing six or eight at a time via DSL while reading the Wreck
in the background. How good can it get?

--
May those who love us, love us;
And may those that don't love us,

Larry Jaques[_2_] March 31st 10 03:55 PM

If JOAT could do it........

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:07:05 -0800, the infamous "Artemus"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:24:09 +0100, the infamous "Mike Stanford"
scrawled the following:

I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html

It only took me 1 minute to see the value and start downloading
everything in sight, before the site goes down. I used to link to
great sites like that but they always disappeared before I got back to
them. I have no more tragic losses now.

Ditto for me. What are you using to DL?

Firefox.

I'm using HTTrack and it's fetching at 200Kbps and I have 45 of
the .pdfs so far. I like HTT because I can set it up and it fetches
the entire website with no babysitting by me. After it finishes I then
have a local copy of the site which I can put on a CD/DVD and
have it forever.

Standard download speeds were about 165k max, less with half a dozen
going at once. When the DSL lights stopped flashing madly at me, I'd
DL a large handful more. I'll look at WinHTTrack. Sounds easier.

I wish I had known of this while rusty2l was still alive.

He's gone? I remember trying to get something from he website and it
was down, but I didn't know why. Bummer.

Periproct March 31st 10 05:48 PM

If JOAT could do it........

"Mike Stanford" wrote in message
I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html

What an excellent find. Only downloaded one PDF so far but fascinating read.

Periproct March 31st 10 07:22 PM

If JOAT could do it........

"Artemus" wrote in message

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:24:09 +0100, the infamous "Mike Stanford"
scrawled the following:

I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...s_library.html

It only took me 1 minute to see the value and start downloading
everything in sight, before the site goes down. I used to link to
great sites like that but they always disappeared before I got back to
them. I have no more tragic losses now.

Ditto for me. What are you using to DL?
I'm using HTTrack and it's fetching at 200Kbps and I have 45 of
the .pdfs so far. I like HTT because I can set it up and it fetches
the entire website with no babysitting by me. After it finishes I then
have a local copy of the site which I can put on a CD/DVD and
have it forever.

That's a cunning bit of software. I'm going for a download of the site but
at around 200 books it may take a while.
Maybe my next target will be http://tinyurl.com/ydv8yqn
Popular Mechanics found from a post on here I think.