Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cross cutting a dado

I picked up a stacked dado set last week, and am working on building a
simple bookcase. All the shelves will rest in dados, so I'd like to use
the dado set to ensure a consistent fit.

Here's the problem: The outer supports are 6' tall, and two shelves must
be at the ends of the boards. My table saw won't support a board that long
without the board tipping.

I'm looking at building a side stand to support the extra length of the
board, but was wondering if anyone else had a suggestion. I don't have a
RAS.

Puckdropper