Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default Cross cutting a dado

On 9 Mar, 12:13, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

I'm looking at building a side stand to support the extra length of the
board, but was wondering if anyone else had a suggestion. *

Here in Europe, we do that sort of job with a router against a clamped
guide.

In European factories, we'd do it with a sliding table on the cabinet
saw (yes, we do have dado sets and the ability to remove crown
guards). However big sliding tables cost money and need workshop
space, so not many hobbyists have that option.