Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Making a 70.6 cut on miter saw

On 2/20/10 2:09 PM, Morris Dovey wrote:
On 2/20/2010 12:26 PM, Leon wrote:
wrote in message

Nevermind the answer to that question, how did you make the degree
thingy
show up after the 3?

What degree thingy?°

Ice Hole! Howd ju do dat?

ALT+0176 = °

Spoilsport.
;-)

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 20, 1:26*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Nevermind the answer to that question, how did you make the degree thingy
show up after the 3?

What degree thingy?°

Ice Hole! * Howd ju do dat?

You a Johnny Dangerously fan, Leon? One of my favourite movies in that
genre, along with Fish Called Wanda etc..
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message

Nevermind the answer to that question, how did you make the degree
thingy
show up after the 3?

What degree thingy?

Ice Hole! Howd ju do dat?

ALT+0176 =

Spoilsport.
;-)

--
Froz...

Option-shift-8 does it here...ohhhhh you don't HAVE an Option key????
No options for you! No soup either!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/20/2010 1:41 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Option-shift-8 does it here...ohhhhh you don't HAVE an Option key????
No options for you! No soup either!

Then you probably have Swing's missing ê for bête, too...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 20, 2:47*pm, Morris Dovey wrote:
On 2/20/2010 1:41 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Option-shift-8 does it here...ohhhhh you don't HAVE an Option key????
No options for you! No soup either!

Then you probably have Swing's missing ê for bête, too...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USAhttp://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

We got yur aigus, your graves your circumflexes und UMLAUTS!! HEIL!!!
(Sorry, got carried away there for a moment. That way of thinking came
with my membership in TWB. (Typists Without Borders))
Seems that Apple understood a long time ago that there were other
people on the planet as well. G
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/20/2010 2:10 PM, Robatoy wrote:

We got yur aigus, your graves your circumflexes und UMLAUTS!! HEIL!!!
(Sorry, got carried away there for a moment. That way of thinking came
with my membership in TWB. (Typists Without Borders))
Seems that Apple understood a long time ago that there were other
people on the planet as well.G

Good stuff - I've been thinking that the world is about ready for a
keyboard with a language selector and keys with tiny LCDs that changed
legend according to the language...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Feb 20, 1:26 pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Nevermind the answer to that question, how did you make the degree
thingy
show up after the 3?

What degree thingy?°

Ice Hole! Howd ju do dat?

You a Johnny Dangerously fan, Leon? One of my favourite movies in that
genre, along with Fish Called Wanda etc..

P R E C I C E L Y ! ! ! Farkin Ice Hole! That is exactly where I got
that. LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thank you

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message

Nevermind the answer to that question, how did you make the degree
thingy
show up after the 3?

What degree thingy?°

Ice Hole! Howd ju do dat?

ALT+0176 = °

Thank you Morris. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 20, 2:47 pm, Morris wrote:
On 2/20/2010 1:41 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Option-shift-8 does it here...ohhhhh you don't HAVE an Option key????
No options for you! No soup either!

Then you probably have Swing's missing ê for bête, too...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USAhttp://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

We got yur aigus, your graves your circumflexes und UMLAUTS!! HEIL!!!
(Sorry, got carried away there for a moment. That way of thinking came
with my membership in TWB. (Typists Without Borders))
Seems that Apple understood a long time ago that there were other
people on the planet as well.G

This Dell laptop keyboard takes a couple of extra, and mysterious,
combo keystrokes and six fingers on each hand just to do a F5 refresh.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/20/10 3:31 PM, Morris Dovey wrote:
On 2/20/2010 2:10 PM, Robatoy wrote:

We got yur aigus, your graves your circumflexes und UMLAUTS!! HEIL!!!
(Sorry, got carried away there for a moment. That way of thinking came
with my membership in TWB. (Typists Without Borders))
Seems that Apple understood a long time ago that there were other
people on the planet as well.G

Good stuff - I've been thinking that the world is about ready for a
keyboard with a language selector and keys with tiny LCDs that changed
legend according to the language...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/9836/

Festool pricing, but it is available.

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:
On 2/20/2010 2:10 PM, Robatoy wrote:

We got yur aigus, your graves your circumflexes und UMLAUTS!! HEIL!!!
(Sorry, got carried away there for a moment. That way of thinking
came with my membership in TWB. (Typists Without Borders))
Seems that Apple understood a long time ago that there were other
people on the planet as well.G

Good stuff - I've been thinking that the world is about ready for a
keyboard with a language selector and keys with tiny LCDs that changed
legend according to the language...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/keyboards-mice/9836/?cpg=froogle
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/20/2010 3:01 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:
On 2/20/10 3:31 PM, Morris Dovey wrote:
On 2/20/2010 2:10 PM, Robatoy wrote:

We got yur aigus, your graves your circumflexes und UMLAUTS!! HEIL!!!
(Sorry, got carried away there for a moment. That way of thinking came
with my membership in TWB. (Typists Without Borders))
Seems that Apple understood a long time ago that there were other
people on the planet as well.G

Good stuff - I've been thinking that the world is about ready for a
keyboard with a language selector and keys with tiny LCDs that changed
legend according to the language...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/9836/

Festool pricing, but it is available.

OLEDS! 48p x 48p! Shazam!

English/Arabic/French/Portuguese/Spanish/Russian/APL! Gottahavit!

Morris takes out wallet, peeks inside

8-(

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 20, 3:39*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

On Feb 20, 1:26 pm, "Leon" wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message

Nevermind the answer to that question, how did you make the degree
thingy
show up after the 3?

What degree thingy?°

Ice Hole! Howd ju do dat?

You a Johnny Dangerously fan, Leon? One of my favourite movies in that
genre, along with Fish Called Wanda etc..

P R E C I C E L Y ! ! ! * *Farkin Ice Hole! *That is exactly where I got
that. *LOL

Danny Vermin: I got something to stop him.
Dutch: They made it for him special. It's an eighty-eight Magnum.
Danny Vermin: It shoots through schools

and this:

Roman Moroni: You fargin sneaky bastage. I'm gonna take your dwork.
I'm gonna nail it to the wall. I'm gonna crush your boils in a meat
grinder. I'm gonna cut off your arms. I'm gonna shove 'em up your
icehole. Dirty son-a-ma-batches

but my favourite:

Newspaper Headline: Roman Moroni Deported to Sweden. Says He's Not
From There.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 20, 4:01*pm, FrozenNorth
wrote:
On 2/20/10 3:31 PM, Morris Dovey wrote: On 2/20/2010 2:10 PM, Robatoy wrote:

We got yur aigus, your graves your circumflexes und UMLAUTS!! HEIL!!!
(Sorry, got carried away there for a moment. That way of thinking came
with my membership in TWB. (Typists Without Borders))
Seems that Apple understood a long time ago that there were other
people on the planet as well.G

Good stuff - I've been thinking that the world is about ready for a
keyboard with a language selector and keys with tiny LCDs that changed
legend according to the language...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/9836/

Festool pricing, but it is available.

--
Froz...

Geebus... that's nice...but that's not Festool pricing, it's more like
Audemars Piguet pricing. (Their tourbillon watches are drool-worthy.
Google tourbillon and find out exactly how nuts ultra-geek becomes in
the world of mechanical watch movements.)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"HeyBub" wrote in
:

Hold down the Alt-key and type "0176" on the numeric keypad. Another
useful one is ? (Alt-0162). For more, stir up "Character Map" and
select "Courier" font. Pick the character you want and look in the
lower right corner for the key combination. For example, the "Euro"
symbol "?" is Alt-0128, and the plus-minus symbol "+" is Alt-0177.

These may not display properly on all screens in that some users may
be using a font other than a normal one such as Courier or Times
Roman.

I'm running Windows 7, and apparently they've modified character map.
The code is given in the lower left hand corner is hexadecimal and not
decimal. There's still copy and paste, but I wish the character map
people realized many people would rather use the alt-[code] format for
oft entered symbols than open yet another program.

I've looked for an option to change it, there is none.

FWIW, Calculator still has a base converter built in.

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

Puckdropper wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
:

Hold down the Alt-key and type "0176" on the numeric keypad. Another
useful one is ? (Alt-0162). For more, stir up "Character Map" and
select "Courier" font. Pick the character you want and look in the
lower right corner for the key combination. For example, the "Euro"
symbol "?" is Alt-0128, and the plus-minus symbol "+" is Alt-0177.

These may not display properly on all screens in that some users may
be using a font other than a normal one such as Courier or Times
Roman.

I'm running Windows 7, and apparently they've modified character map.
The code is given in the lower left hand corner is hexadecimal and not
decimal. There's still copy and paste, but I wish the character map
people realized many people would rather use the alt-[code] format for
oft entered symbols than open yet another program.

The code in the lower _left_ is the Unicode value. If there is a code for
the character which may be entered using the ALT key it will be on the lower
_right_. All characters don't have such a code. And if you're using Word
then you can use the Unicode value by entering the hex then ALT-X (be nice
if MS carried this through to all their applications but . . .).

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/20/2010 3:04 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
Morris Dovey wrote:
On 2/20/2010 2:10 PM, Robatoy wrote:

We got yur aigus, your graves your circumflexes und UMLAUTS!! HEIL!!!
(Sorry, got carried away there for a moment. That way of thinking
came with my membership in TWB. (Typists Without Borders))
Seems that Apple understood a long time ago that there were other
people on the planet as well.G

Good stuff - I've been thinking that the world is about ready for a
keyboard with a language selector and keys with tiny LCDs that changed
legend according to the language...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/keyboards-mice/9836/?cpg=froogle

Ah yes, the Optimus Maximus. You'd have to be one HELL of a geek to shell out
$1600 for a keyboard.

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Puckdropper wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
:

Hold down the Alt-key and type "0176" on the numeric keypad. Another
useful one is ? (Alt-0162). For more, stir up "Character Map" and
select "Courier" font. Pick the character you want and look in the
lower right corner for the key combination. For example, the "Euro"
symbol "?" is Alt-0128, and the plus-minus symbol "+" is Alt-0177.

These may not display properly on all screens in that some users may
be using a font other than a normal one such as Courier or Times
Roman.

I'm running Windows 7, and apparently they've modified character map.
The code is given in the lower left hand corner is hexadecimal and not
decimal. There's still copy and paste, but I wish the character map
people realized many people would rather use the alt-[code] format for
oft entered symbols than open yet another program.

It's there on my Win7 machine.

Try scrolling and watch it flash by - again not all characers have a
keyboard equivalent.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 20, 9:02*pm, Robatoy wrote:

Morris Dovey wrote:
On 2/20/2010 2:10 PM, Robatoy wrote:

We got yur aigus, your graves your circumflexes und UMLAUTS!! HEIL!!!
(Sorry, got carried away there for a moment. That way of thinking
came with my membership in TWB. (Typists Without Borders))
Seems that Apple understood a long time ago that there were other
people on the planet as well.G

Good stuff - I've been thinking that the world is about ready for a
keyboard with a language selector and keys with tiny LCDs that changed
legend according to the language...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/keyboards-mice/9836/?cpg=froogle

Ah yes, the Optimus Maximus. *You'd have to be one HELL of a geek to shell out
$1600 for a keyboard.

To reply, eat the taco.http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

Tempting....

They'll be sub 300 dollars soon enough.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 00:16:59 -0500, the infamous "J. Clarke"
scrawled the following:

Aww, who cares, when caulk and putty will fill gaps up to 1/4-inch.
silly grin

"Master Carpenter In A Can", eh?

Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks Tom.

If into crown cutting - some expensive sticks of crowns pay in a day
or less. Cutting custom boxes or angles on most anything and doing
it for a business - the real stuff pays and can be used to verify
a quality job later in a QA stance.

Martin

Tom Dacon wrote:
"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
What you need is a "Precision Universal Bevel Vernier Protractor"
http://www.starrett.com/download/371_cat_70_p95.pdf
A lot of times you can find these in pawn shops.
Set this to the angle and align the saw blade and table to the blades.
A model 360 (non vernier) would be very good. Vernier version Is best!
New it was $250. Something like it in plastic and lower in precision
can be had at office suppliers. This one is rated at 1/12 degree with
vernier.

Martin

You nailed it, Martin. That's the kind of thing I was talking about.

Early on in this benighted thread I talked about using a protractor as a
tool to solve a problem which as the original poster posed it was to measure
an arbitrary angle to the precision of a tenth of a degree and make a
suitable cut. Machinists are accustomed to solving problems like this, and
consequently they have the tools to solve them. If a machinist gets an angle
called out as 70.6 degrees, he understands that he needs to produce an angle
between 70.55 and 70.65 degrees. He HAS to produce an angle to that
measurement and those constraints. This is a nice tool, Starrett as you
might expect, and well within the constraints of the problem. I have a
slightly less accurate machinist's protracter of my own, but I'm going to be
on the lookout for one of these. Thanks for the tip. I hope we don't end up
in a bidding war :-)

Glad to see someone here who doesn't have something to prove :-)

Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking

No option key - what kind of kinky key is that - not ASCII must be a
home brew of Apple or someone.

Martin

Robatoy wrote:
wrote in message
Nevermind the answer to that question, how did you make the degree
thingy
show up after the 3?
What degree thingy?
Ice Hole! Howd ju do dat?
ALT+0176 =

Spoilsport.
;-)

--
Froz...

Option-shift-8 does it here...ohhhhh you don't HAVE an Option key????
No options for you! No soup either!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in
:

The code in the lower _left_ is the Unicode value. If there is a code
for the character which may be entered using the ALT key it will be on
the lower _right_. All characters don't have such a code. And if
you're using Word then you can use the Unicode value by entering the
hex then ALT-X (be nice if MS carried this through to all their
applications but . . .).

Apparently I wasn't selecting the right characters. With the Times New
Roman font, the characters after the Tilde (starting with the no break
space) start showing codes on the lower right.

Why not show the codes for each character, so Character Map actually
reflects the functionality that's there? Probably some historical
reason...

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/21/2010 1:13 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
"J. wrote in
:

The code in the lower _left_ is the Unicode value. If there is a code
for the character which may be entered using the ALT key it will be on
the lower _right_. All characters don't have such a code. And if
you're using Word then you can use the Unicode value by entering the
hex then ALT-X (be nice if MS carried this through to all their
applications but . . .).

Apparently I wasn't selecting the right characters. With the Times New
Roman font, the characters after the Tilde (starting with the no break
space) start showing codes on the lower right.

Why not show the codes for each character, so Character Map actually
reflects the functionality that's there? Probably some historical
reason...

Puckdropper

I think they're seeing the use of the ASCII codes as "legacy". They
only seem to be showing codes for symbols that don't have a marked key.

There's a way to turn on using the Alt key to get the hexadecimal
Unicode symbols but it doesn't work in Windows Mail. It does work
though in Thunderbird: ALT-+-B0 gives ° (note-you gotta have the "+" in
there), as does ALT-0176, but ALT-176 gives –‘. Weird--Thunderbird works
exactly like the Microsoft docs say that an application is supposed to
act, but Windows Mail doesn't.

You might want to bring up notepad or Word or something and give it a
try--if your machine is not recognizing the ALT+hex Unicode
combinations, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt_code tells how to turn
it on.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 16, 8:27*pm, "
wrote:

The miter only has 1 degree increments.

Are you talking MARKINGS or STOPS? My Miter Saw has lots of litt;e
degrees painted in/on the scale but the only stops are at 90, 45,
37.5(?) and 15 (I think).

Not that this information "solves" your problem, But it might open you
up to another way of looking at the problem - out of the markings on
my saw box, Tes? No?

You didn't mention the stock you were using and the dimensions of the
noard(s) to be cut at the indicated angle.

Since you mentioned Miter Saw, folks are likely to think of dimensions
usually cut on such a saw - no 4 x 8 sheets for instance - and offer
suggestions based in some part upon this premise.

Having said all that, thanks for your post as it unearthed quite a
nice load of information.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 20:24:57 -0800, the infamous "Tom Dacon"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 00:16:59 -0500, the infamous "J. Clarke"
scrawled the following:

Aww, who cares, when caulk and putty will fill gaps up to 1/4-inch.
silly grin

"Master Carpenter In A Can", eh?

Did you know that DAP has pressurized spray cans of caulk now? A
client I'm working with bought one and I was in tears before I stopped
laughing, thinking about the cheese-in-a-can crap that's also on the
market. This probably tastes a lot like those, Tom, but I doubt I'll
try -either- in this lifetime. g

--
"Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt."
-- Clarence Darrow
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 20:24:57 -0800, the infamous "Tom Dacon"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 00:16:59 -0500, the infamous "J. Clarke"
scrawled the following:

Aww, who cares, when caulk and putty will fill gaps up to
1/4-inch.
silly grin

"Master Carpenter In A Can", eh?

Did you know that DAP has pressurized spray cans of caulk now? A
client I'm working with bought one and I was in tears before I
stopped
laughing, thinking about the cheese-in-a-can crap that's also on
the
market. This probably tastes a lot like those, Tom, but I doubt
I'll
try -either- in this lifetime. g

This is why you're probably a lot better at woodworking than me.
Me. . . I just would use the cheese-in-a-can and when it hardened,
would paint it. grin

BTW, what happens if you leave that can of pressurized DAP out on
the table by a plate of crackers when having a party? In my past
life, I was invited to many office parties around Christmastime-
mostly at law firms. I always speculated on the fun of taking a
pretty glass bowl of Kibbles and Bits to the party and placing it
on the conference table. Of course, I never did, but it was fun
to speculate about.

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/21/2010 2:44 PM, Nonny wrote:

[...]

I was at a party once where this actually happened. The report was that
they were actually quite flavorful. Of course, this was in the 60s, and
other things were being consumed as well...

Harevy
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 11:44:14 -0800, the infamous "Nonny"
scrawled the following:

[...]

E GAD!

BTW, what happens if you leave that can of pressurized DAP out on
the table by a plate of crackers when having a party? In my past
life, I was invited to many office parties around Christmastime-
mostly at law firms. I always speculated on the fun of taking a
pretty glass bowl of Kibbles and Bits to the party and placing it
on the conference table. Of course, I never did, but it was fun
to speculate about.

This is such a fun group...

--
"Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt."
-- Clarence Darrow
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 21, 11:25*pm, Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

I think it is. Ingenuity, humour, advice, lies, wrong political
slants, all good.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in
:

I think they're seeing the use of the ASCII codes as "legacy". They
only seem to be showing codes for symbols that don't have a marked
key.

There's a way to turn on using the Alt key to get the hexadecimal
Unicode symbols but it doesn't work in Windows Mail. It does work
though in Thunderbird: ALT-+-B0 gives ° (note-you gotta have the "+"
in there), as does ALT-0176, but ALT-176 gives –‘.
Weird--Thunderbird works exactly like the Microsoft docs say that an
application is supposed to act, but Windows Mail doesn't.

You might want to bring up notepad or Word or something and give it a
try--if your machine is not recognizing the ALT+hex Unicode
combinations, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt_code tells how to
turn it on.

Thanks, J. Clarke. I just tried it, and apparently will have to follow
the Alt_code instructions to get the hexadecimal entry to work. Notepad
would "ding" at me when I hit the plus key, while Wordpad appears to eat
the plus and keep going.

My understanding of this Windows feature has deepened quite a bit.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/22/2010 5:51 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
"J. wrote in
:

[...]

This is interesting--where you quoted my message, the unicode character
for the degree sign got split into an A-circumflex followed by degree,
and the Alt-176 gives a-circumflex followed by a grave accent. I guess
that's what happens when you feed Unicode to a non-Unicode-aware
application, it tries to make two letters out of it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nonny wrote:
[...]

if you want to freak out the cashier, pop one of the dog treats from the
bowl at pets-mart. they pretty good, but kinda dry i've found...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"chaniarts" wrote in message
Nonny wrote:

BTW, what happens if you leave that can of pressurized DAP out
on
the table by a plate of crackers when having a party? In my
past
life, I was invited to many office parties around
Christmastime-
mostly at law firms. I always speculated on the fun of taking
pretty glass bowl of Kibbles and Bits to the party and placing
it
on the conference table. Of course, I never did, but it was
fun
to speculate about.

if you want to freak out the cashier, pop one of the dog treats
from the bowl at pets-mart. they pretty good, but kinda dry i've
found...

Years ago, even before we had grandkids, I would always do a
version of this when being dragged to Sam's Club or Walmart by
Mrs. Nonny. I would wander over to the dog food aisle and
contemplate the "doggy jerky" treats. When someone would wander
by, (or if I made a purchase for our own dog) to the cashier, I'd
muse: "These are just like real jerky strips and the grandkids
don't know the difference."

The look on their faces would run the full gamut of emotions:
from polite interest when I'd start speaking, to amazement, to
speculation, to comprehension of what I was saying and then to
rage/violence/hatred. It is still fun. Sometime, I'll tell you
about what a former neighbor does when at a Victoria's Secret.

--
Nonny
and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:47:17 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

This is such a fun group...

I think it is. Ingenuity, humour, advice, lies, wrong political
slants, all good.

You betcha. We have it all, including Festeraddicts and HFreightiots.

--
"Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt."
-- Clarence Darrow
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:11:09 -0700, the infamous "chaniarts"
scrawled the following:

if you want to freak out the cashier, pop one of the dog treats from the
bowl at pets-mart. they pretty good, but kinda dry i've found...

I don't do pets so I've never been in a pets-mart.

I loved the scenes with Mel Gibson and the dogs in the "Lethal Weapon"
movies. He ate a lot of dog biscuits, too. Um, I'll pass, thanks.

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:15:32 -0800, the infamous "Nonny"
scrawled the following:

Years ago, even before we had grandkids, I would always do a
version of this when being dragged to Sam's Club or Walmart by
Mrs. Nonny. I would wander over to the dog food aisle and
contemplate the "doggy jerky" treats. When someone would wander
by, (or if I made a purchase for our own dog) to the cashier, I'd
muse: "These are just like real jerky strips and the grandkids
don't know the difference."

Bwahahahaha! Were you pretending to be heavily chewing at the time?

The look on their faces would run the full gamut of emotions:
from polite interest when I'd start speaking, to amazement, to
speculation, to comprehension of what I was saying and then to
rage/violence/hatred. It is still fun. Sometime, I'll tell you
about what a former neighbor does when at a Victoria's Secret.

You'd love that joke about the old guy who was thrown out of ALL
Walmarts. He had something like that for every department. I'll see
if I can find it to post here, unless someone beats me to it.